Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:59 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,300,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

The oil and gas industry expanded despite his policies, not because of them.
You beat me to it but it bears repeating. They want to kill oil at every turn but then take credit for increased production.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meaningless. OPEC can put an end to the party anytime they want.

Who cares. As long as I have energy at my command, I don’t really care where it comes from. Besides, domestic oil producers aren’t putting any money in my pocket.
What a bunch of dribble to a very serious topic. With Iran sanctions looming, this news couldn't have come at a more opportune moment

Old 09-13-2018, 09:07 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,306,892 times
The shale oil boom happened because of the confluence of technology and commodity cost. No influence from politicians from either side has done much either way. It's not Obama's win or loss, and certainly not Trump's either.

Previously unviable fields became profitable due to high prices, and once the service companies got a chance to prove and perfect their newer technologies, the acceleration was exponential.

The big warning to this though is that shale oil doesn't produce like a conventional field. It goes off like a rocket for about two to three years, then trickles off, and no amount of stim or fracing will bring it back. So I wouldn't get too excited about the grand circle jerk and the we're number 1 shirts. Unless we can get it to market, and keep finding "once in a lifetime" fields like the Bakken, which we've known about since the 70's, it will drop almost as fast as it came up.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:10 AM

17,825 posts, read 13,738,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

The oil and gas industry expanded despite his policies, not because of them.
I'm not going to argue this particular point other than to comment that this type of excuse gets trotted out anytime there is positive economic/business news during a democratic administration. Although it's slightly less annoying than those who make the claim that things actually "got worse" during said democratic administration.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Actually, no I don’t know that,
I am not surprised!

Old 09-13-2018, 09:14 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Let's See. In 2008
  • Obama - Gasoline shortages & $10/gallon by end of next decade. But don't worry, there will be millions of small electric affordable electric cars on the road.
  • Palin - Drill baby Drill.
Guess who was wrong. LAWL

Old 09-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's See. In 2008
  • Obama - Gasoline shortages & $10/gallon by end of next decade. But don't worry, there will be millions of small electric affordable electric cars on the road.
  • Palin - Drill baby Drill.
Guess who was wrong. LAWL
You. Always, tragically, comically, you.

Palin is a nutjob who could have been talking about Bristol as much as O&G, and Obama was in pursuit of environmental goals (rightly or wrongly, time will tell) but the context of the two opinions are about as far away from each other as you can get.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post

The big warning to this though is that shale oil doesn't produce like a conventional field. It goes off like a rocket for about two to three years, then trickles off, and no amount of stim or fracing will bring it back. So I wouldn't get too excited about the grand circle jerk and the we're number 1 shirts. Unless we can get it to market, and keep finding "once in a lifetime" fields like the Bakken, which we've known about since the 70's, it will drop almost as fast as it came up.
Rooting for failure is seeping through your words. I am not surprised. You guys have been waiting for the "End of Oil" forever. Oh well, may be your grandchildren realize your dreams.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Rooting for failure is seeping through your words. I am not surprised. You guys have been waiting for the "End of Oil" forever. Oh well, may be your grandchildren realize your dreams.
I'm in the industry. It's reality. I'm sorry if you like sunshine blown up your posterior instead of facts, but it is what it is. I'm hardly rooting for failure, as it's how I make my living. But you get these rah rah we're the best types that are just as bad as the "fracking lit my water on fire" crowd. Uninformed is uninformed, and telling a positive lie is still lying. Because it's people like that, when the curve drops, and the boom ends, go off the deep end and blame the government or "big oil" or whoever, because they're stupid, not because it's how the thing actually works.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:22 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
You. Always, tragically, comically, you.

Palin is a nutjob who could have been talking about Bristol as much as O&G, and Obama was in pursuit of environmental goals (rightly or wrongly, time will tell) but the context of the two opinions are about as far away from each other as you can get.
Name calling simply means you don't have argument to what was said. But it might mean you are an angry unhappy Democrat. haha
Quote:
I'm in the industry. It's reality.....
That's the "I'm smarter than you so I'm right" argument. It doesn't work either.

Reality. Obama's prediction of cheap electric cars & $10 gas was 100% wrong. Palin got it right. That's reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies