Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 01:40 PM

10,813 posts, read 4,367,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
No, haven't you said before that you add on at least 5-10% to any polls to account for Trump supporters?
You said "at least 10%".
I said 5% to 10%, and I never said "at least".

Old 09-24-2018, 01:45 PM

11,226 posts, read 8,315,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The "real world" is statistically insignificant. Sounds like Hillary's campaign wunderkid, Robby Mook.

Name another politician who can fill up an arena like that, especially a Democrat, then you might have an argument.

Obama just held a rally, and only 700 showed up. This speaks for itself.
Hillary's mistake is that she campaigned to the American People. She won more votes than Trump did, but it did not get the job done.

Trump beat her at the election game. He was able to win with less votes, and the lowest approval rating going in, in modern history. He's lucky too, because what is important to Trump supporters is not "what is best for America", rather it's "winning" (by their won perverted definition, where "winning" means "America loses".)

But yeah, you have a point. Statistics, such as "who got more votes" is really not significant here.

EDIT:
And why do you post such stupid insinuations about crowd size that can be easily reputed. Here is "another politician" having a rally in Portland, 75k in attendance.:
http://www.blackpast.org/files/black.../obama_pdx.jpg

I'm sure Trump has maybe had some rallies that big, but nowhere near the number that Obama had.

Last edited by Myghost; 09-24-2018 at 01:54 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 02:07 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,118,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
You said "at least 10%".
I said 5% to 10%, and I never said "at least".
I was being a bit hyperbolic. Adding anything to polls based on what your opinion of what is really going on with no real factual basis to back it is silly.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I was being a bit hyperbolic. Adding anything to polls based on what your opinion of what is really going on with no real factual basis to back it is silly.
Its silly for you, but its very wise for me, because I've been travelling America for the last 2 years and I know Trump supporters are avoiding pollsters like the plague.
The events of 2017 made it impossible for Trump's base to ever respect the media or the pollsters ever again.
There was a slight disconnect in 2016, and now that disconnect has grown to something unfathomable.
Democrats should do well in the midterms (as even in 2010 the party in power got annihilated, losing more seats than anyone since 1948, and any midterm since 1938), but when Trump's name is on the ballot in 2020, the base will easily bring him another term.
And the base has grown significantly since 2016.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:18 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Hillary's mistake is that she campaigned to the American People. She won more votes than Trump did, but it did not get the job done.

Trump beat her at the election game. He was able to win with less votes, and the lowest approval rating going in, in modern history. He's lucky too, because what is important to Trump supporters is not "what is best for America", rather it's "winning" (by their won perverted definition, where "winning" means "America loses".)

But yeah, you have a point. Statistics, such as "who got more votes" is really not significant here.

EDIT:
And why do you post such stupid insinuations about crowd size that can be easily reputed. Here is "another politician" having a rally in Portland, 75k in attendance.:
http://www.blackpast.org/files/black.../obama_pdx.jpg

I'm sure Trump has maybe had some rallies that big, but nowhere near the number that Obama had.
Let's see.

• Did Hillary campaign to the American people? She called 35,000,000 Deplorable. She called 14,000,000 more in her own party "Basement Dwellers". And she's had other names like Super Predators, Taco Bell Voters, etc. And she would disappear for weeks at a time. Answer: NOPE
  • So you say you are mad because election process was unfair to Hillary. Wah Wah Wah.
  • Hillary got more votes than Obama in 2008. Obama was nominated. Point is moot. It's not about the popular vote.
  • I never said Obama didn't have big rallies. But he sure doesn't get them now. He can only muster 700 on his best day. But thanks for proving what I was was absolutely right. Rallies matter.
So basically you got nothing except that you don't like it, but can't address it beyond what we've been hearing for the last 2 years. There was no Blue Wall. Trumps rallies proved it. Just like they prove there is no Blue Wave.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:22 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,472,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Why are you lying?

i'm not. the link is there for everyone to see.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Its silly for you, but its very wise for me, because I've been travelling America for the last 2 years and I know Trump supporters are avoiding pollsters like the plague.
The events of 2017 made it impossible for Trump's base to ever respect the media or the pollsters ever again.
There was a slight disconnect in 2016, and now that disconnect has grown to something unfathomable.
Democrats should do well in the midterms (as even in 2010 the party in power got annihilated, losing more seats than anyone since 1948, and any midterm since 1938), but when Trump's name is on the ballot in 2020, the base will easily bring him another term.
And the base has grown significantly since 2016.
And so do you have any sorts of stats, even one you collected in your travels, to go along with that? For all I know based on what you have said, you could have talked to 5 supporters and decided that's how everyone must feel.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
And so do you have any sorts of stats, even one you collected in your travels, to go along with that? For all I know based on what you have said, you could have talked to 5 supporters and decided that's how everyone must feel.
You wouldn't believe my stats, so why would I even bother.
It would only lead to derogatory replies.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't believe my stats, so why would I even bother.
It would only lead to derogatory replies.
*Shrug* this is an anonymous forum.I have no idea who you are and what kinds of travels you have actually done or how many people you talked to. You haven't provided any basis by which we can assess how true your statement is as to whether or not Trump voters avoid polls enough and that it's reasonable to expect to just add on more to account for it.

Now, polls can indeed be biased, misleading, etc. in how they are written, executed, etc. I'm not saying they are always right, of course. But can you understand that you are providing no reasonable proof or explanation that is measurable so we can tell if your claim is in the realm of reason or not?

Old 09-24-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
*Shrug* this is an anonymous forum.I have no idea who you are and what kinds of travels you have actually done or how many people you talked to. You haven't provided any basis by which we can assess how true your statement is as to whether or not Trump voters avoid polls enough and that it's reasonable to expect to just add on more to account for it.

Now, polls can indeed be biased, misleading, etc. in how they are written, executed, etc. I'm not saying they are always right, of course. But can you understand that you are providing no reasonable proof or explanation that is measurable so we can tell if your claim is in the realm of reason or not?
Well I'm hoping everybody believes the polls, because if Democrats all think they'll cruise to victory in 2020 then that means they'll be complacent.
Complacency is a weapon.
So why would I want to prove how far off the polls are?
I'm stating what I've seen, but I'm not trying to prove it to others.
The more people that are kept in the dark, the better - but anyway I'm sure most people in America are aware that Trump supporters are less likely to answer pollsters than everyone else (even if they don't know to what extent).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies