Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 11:23 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so i guess you both think that if a woman makes an accusation against a man that is enough? sorry but it doesnt work that way darling little snowflakes. if she cant stand up to a cross examination, then she should never have made the accusation in the first place.

and by the way, if hill was so offended by thomas and his so called harassment, then she should not have followed him from job to job. he story, like dr fords, is suspect in so many ways its not even funny.
The Cross examination went well beyond the limits. She went where her career took her and left to teach, should she have left her career and let Thomas win. Go watch that hearing again and tell me it was fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 12:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Cross examination went well beyond the limits. She went where her career took her and left to teach, should she have left her career and let Thomas win. Go watch that hearing again and tell me it was fair.

oh please, cross examination is designed to be tough on the witness, so stop being a snowflake. i have been through cross examination, and i confounded the defense lawyer to the point where he gave up on trying to discredit me.

as for where he career went, sorry but thomas was not the only judge round even back then. she could have found another judge to work for. she followed him around for what ever reason, which means she either decided to take what thomas dished out, or she lied through her teeth to congress.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM

3,839 posts, read 3,065,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Torpedoed her life? She's made millions off the Carence Thomas caper. As will Ford. She's got tenure in the bag.

And Ford's legal team will make millions. This is the Democrat Party version of stimulating the economy.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:15 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Anita Hill wasn't brave. She sold out to the Democrats and found out how fine print on Faustian Bargains works.

The deal was, betray this man you have followed around for however many years, and in return, we will lavish favor/reward on you for doing dirty work we could not be seen doing. She was offered a deal and she took it. Nothing courageous or heroic about it. The problem is, she didn't read the fine print, which says "all promises are null and void if it becomes politically inconvenient to uphold any of them." So she did her part, and the Democrats reneged on her. They have a long history of promising much ad delivering little or nothing.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:22 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
It is amusing to see folks bending over backward (and forward) defending Biden's actions regarding Anita Hill.

fwiw, I always believed Ms. Hill.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:27 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Anita Hill was a lying opportunist whose story had more holes than a stack of rat-bite-infested Swiss Cheese.
Shortcut - any time a woman speaks badly of a man she is a lying opportunist. Got it. Therefore, wimenz, don't you ever say nothin' bad about any man cuz nobody'll b'lieve ya.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:28 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Anita Hill wasn't brave. She sold out to the Democrats and found out how fine print on Faustian Bargains works.

The deal was, betray this man you have followed around for however many years, and in return, we will lavish favor/reward on you for doing dirty work we could not be seen doing. She was offered a deal and she took it. Nothing courageous or heroic about it. The problem is, she didn't read the fine print, which says "all promises are null and void if it becomes politically inconvenient to uphold any of them." So she did her part, and the Democrats reneged on her. They have a long history of promising much ad delivering little or nothing.
So what was it she was promised that was conveniently reneged on so there's no proof she did this for ulterior motives?

Old 09-25-2018, 12:38 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So what was it she was promised that was conveniently reneged on so there's no proof she did this for ulterior motives?
We aren't in a court of law, so I don't need proof to accuse people. Don't you know how things work now? I say Hill lied as part of a deal with the Democrats in power at the time, and they reneged on her, at least partially. My accusation is truth, now let them all prove their innocence.

She did it for ulterior motives. Accusation = guilty verdict. Done.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:12 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
It is amusing to see folks bending over backward (and forward) defending Biden's actions regarding Anita Hill.

fwiw, I always believed Ms. Hill.
I remember at that time thinking she sounded credible. More credible than Thomas.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:42 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
We aren't in a court of law, so I don't need proof to accuse people. Don't you know how things work now? I say Hill lied as part of a deal with the Democrats in power at the time, and they reneged on her, at least partially. My accusation is truth, now let them all prove their innocence.

She did it for ulterior motives. Accusation = guilty verdict. Done.
There is no indication that she did this for a reward, it was embarrassing to describe his behavior in great detail. She is one courageous woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies