Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 04:44 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

I’m far left but when I look at the democrats and their baseless attacks, and the media digging deeper for them, I start to believe that they are forever doomed.

No one is ever going to believe them again, especially with con artists like Avenatti running around making false accusations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...udiciary%3famp

Please be honest, are democrats embarrassed at their own party? Because this is disgusting, and you know they don’t give a **** as they were the same people who defend the rapist Clinton and turned Libya into a sex slave market.

It looks bad for them: More Than 5 Million People Watched The Kavanaugh Hearing On Fox News - The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
For years, both parties have claimed the end of the other party was near. So to answer your question, no.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I’m far left but when I look at the democrats and their baseless attacks, and the media digging deeper for them, I start to believe that they are forever doomed.

No one is ever going to believe them again, especially with con artists like Avenatti running around making false accusations.

Please be honest, are democrats embarrassed at their own party? Because this is disgusting, and you know they don’t give a **** as they were the same people who defend the rapist Clinton and turned Libya into a sex slave market.

It looks bad for them: More Than 5 Million People Watched The Kavanaugh Hearing On Fox News - The Daily Caller
Well, I think this incident is going to drive up Republican enthusiasm and turnout in November, for starters. But, I think many on the left are perfectly happy with what they see happening.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:

What proof do you have the Avenatti or his client are lying, because your link doesn't make that claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Well, I think this incident is going to drive up Republican enthusiasm and turnout in November, for starters. But, I think many on the left are perfectly happy with what they see happening.
That’s sad. I’m a real leftist, and sadly most Americans who claim to be left wing are not.

They support right wing policies like escalating tensions with foreign countries, covert wars, and corporate healthcare. They ignore issues for petty wins against the republicans, even if that means fighting them from the right.

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
It looks to me like the OP is just getting old and more conservative with age. It happens to some people.

Quoting Fox News further challenges the unlikely claim that the OP is "far left".

No, the country is not going to be one party, even if I would like them to all be Democratic. We are too different.

More likely, the country will regionalize. I do not think we will be the same country 50 years from now. The differences are extremely real.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:52 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,281,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
For years, both parties have claimed the end of the other party was near. So to answer your question, no.
Exactly what I think every time I see someone predicting the end of a party. Every few years they change places as to who has the majority. It just swings back and forth.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What proof do you have the Avenatti or his client are lying, because your link doesn't make that claim.
You don’t get it. Avenatti is a clown and proves left wing people in this country don’t care about left wing ideology, they just want embarrass republicans.

That means to them going further right on economic and foreign policy, and using people like Avenatti to distract people from left wing policies.

Rather than fighting against Amazon or Raytheon who are jailing workers and killing kids, the democrats push this Buffon who will cover them.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:01 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
You don’t get it. Avenatti is a clown and proves left wing people in this country don’t care about left wing ideology, they just want embarrass republicans.

That means to them going further right on economic and foreign policy, and using people like Avenatti to distract people from left wing policies.

Rather than fighting against Amazon or Raytheon who are jailing workers and killing kids, the democrats push this Buffon who will cover them.
The GOP is LED by a clown and the Republicans are his boot lickers.

Avenatti has no role in government. But here you are, saying the Democratic party is doomed because of some guy who has no power, while ignoring the great big orange buffoon who does.

Talk about being myopic.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:

No, you aren't going to move the goal post here. You claimed Avenatti lied. The entire premise of your argument is that people are lying not policy, not some weird argument about Democrats pushing him( they aren't ) , not whether you liked them or not .

Prove your original point or just admit you were wrong and that just don't personally like the guy .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies