Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:32 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope. Never disbarred. His license was suspended for 5 years in Arkansas though he has never asked to have it reinstated. He also resigned from the USSC bar. But he was never disbarred anywhere.

And all that was just. An attorney who lies under oath even about about an embarrassing matter should be held accountable.

That however cannot in any way be considered a high crime or misdemeanor. Which of course shows the blatant politics of the Republicans.

Quote:
The US supreme court yesterday issued an order disbarring former president Bill Clinton from practising law before the high court.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...duncancampbell

Quote:
The US Supreme Court ordered former President Bill Clinton to be disbarred from practising law before the high court and gave him 40 days to contest the order.
The court did not explain its reasons , but Supreme Court disbarment often follows disbarment in lower courts. In April, Clinton's Arkansas law licence was suspended for five years and he paid a $25,000 fine. The original disbarment lawsuit was brought by a committee of the Arkansas Supreme Court.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...t-9227068.html

Old 10-03-2018, 06:35 PM

57,298 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Clinton was disbarred.

Under oath, not under oath... it didn't matter to him. He lied all the time about his sexual predation.
Oh come on, he lied under oath about a consensual affair, imagine a male lying about an affair this is a high crime. Claims of sexual assault need to be investigated and dismissed in a few days. How long was Clintons consensual affair investigated, years.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:36 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Yes, he did! Anyone with a brain knows he did. He lied about the yearbook terms.
Ha! And the WHouse knows. Otherwise why did wiki become altered regarding his testimony about drinking games that were really about sexual...assault.

Say bye bye wiki. Partisan . Shame shame.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:36 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh, so you all switched from "he lied about his drinking" to "he lied about what those terms meant". You all are grasping...GRASPING. It's truly pathetic how desperate the left is.

You were not at that school, you were not in his circle, you do not have insight to what those terms meant.
Whose "you all"? I'm not a Dem, or left. He lied, that's the problem and for me it was always the yearbook terms. Check my post history, it backs that up.

Only a fool believes those terms mean anything but what they do and it's not what he said. I have insight into those terms, I have a lot in common with him. His classmates agree he lied as well. He lied! Everyone, including you knows it. No matter how much you try to partisan justify or deny it. That's desperate!

Old 10-03-2018, 06:37 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
She said she had some wine and fell asleep and nothing contridicts that. No one claims they saw her falling down drunk, or even drunk at all. Passing out requires a large amount of alcohol and being drunk, getting sleepy after a couple glasses of wine is not "passing out." I don't care about K's drinking anyway.

Apoligizing matters and everyone knows it. Not to mention it didn't even remotely compare. She called Trump a "faker" who says whatever somes to his mind and that he would be bad for the country. She expressed her opinion of him, not a rant against Republicans. She didn't rant about conspricys and revenge for Trump and Clinton.

If Kavanaugh came out today and apologized, I would respect that immensely.

All you are doing is making yourself look bad with these silly justifications. This crap only works with the partisans.

When you go to a meeting of your boss you are considered on the job.....she was drunk on the job.

You can add anything in you want, but that does not negate the fact the SHE (rbg) said she was not 100% sober....period end of story.

Why would you apologize for something you did not do, nor ANY of those that she stated were there said they don't remember, including her life long friend? Let's not forget her LIFE long friend she never met BK....All the while ford said her best fiend knew her.....

Old 10-03-2018, 06:41 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,563 times
National Council of Churches representing 38 denominations has requested the withdrawal of the Kavanaugh nomination.
Quote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

The statement cited a number of reasons for their demand, including Kavanaugh's behavior during his recent testimony in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee on sexual assault allegations against him.

"Judge Kavanaugh exhibited extreme partisan bias and disrespect towards certain members of the committee and thereby demonstrated that he possesses neither the temperament nor the character essential for a member of the highest court in our nation," the statement read.
The National Council of Churches alleged that Kavanaugh's testimony included "several misstatements and some outright falsehoods," including some related to Christine Blasey Ford's accusation that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school party in the 1980s.
The group also pointed to what they called Kavanaugh's "troubling" judicial and political record on some civil rights issues.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:41 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Yes, he did! Anyone with a brain knows he did. He lied about the yearbook terms.
That wasn'''t all he lied about.
He lied about his drinking
He lied about his familiarity with hard partying
He lied about how Debbie Ramirez felt about him and why and when he learned of her revealing that assault

He lied about anything when the truth would have put a negative check on the Brett's Faults List--

check his wife's face during Thursday's testimony--
Totally disconnected to what he was saying...
She knew what was coming
That is the face of someone who is not enamoured of what she is hearing, not supportive of the person who is doing the talking
That is a woman in stasis--just waiting for the range to end...
Bet she has been on the other end of some harangues herself...

I feel like I did on Election Night when I was watching "The Purge: Election Night" and knowing that Trump was going to win--
And I don't think that is anyone with a brain who thinks the GOP majority is going to vote NO on Kavanaugh
The Fix is in
McConnell is doing all he can to restrict the investigation and the information that will be in the FBI report as limited as it is
Supposedly there will be ONE FBI report and the GOP and the Dems for the entire senate get 1 hour per party
I don't know if King will get 1 hour of his own with it since technically he is an Independent...

That is just about as tacky and partisan as you could expect from McConnell the Goiter of the Senate...
He has done everything he can to compromise any truth that might be available which to me suggests he knows there is lot of dirt to be had
But he doesn't care what a tarnished man he puts on the Supreme Court

Old 10-03-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
National Council of Churches representing 38 denominations has requested the withdrawal of the Kavanaugh nomination.
That is a nice sentiment but where were they earlier?
And it won't cut any wax with the Tea Party or evangelicals...
You know it and I know it

Old 10-03-2018, 06:43 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Whose "you all"? I'm not a Dem, or left. He lied, that's the problem and for me it was always the yearbook terms. Check my post history, it backs that up.

Only a fool believes those terms mean anything but what they do and it's not what he said. I have insight into those terms, I have a lot in common with him. His classmates agree he lied as well. He lied! Everyone, including you knows it. No matter how much you try to partisan justify or deny it. That's desperate!
You keep saying "he lied" but have provided ZERO evidence of that other than you saying it. You do not have insight into those terms because you were not part of his circle.

He did not lie and YOU KNOW IT.

Old 10-03-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Clinton was completely exonerated even though the right wing cannot handle it. The Senate determined thee house was wrong even though you want to feature that wrong decision.,

You are. Right
Clinton's popularity. In the. Time he was facing impeachment was one of the highest a president. Has had in modern era

But the poster you are replying to doesn't want a logical discussion
Only an argument
And on a topic that is not relevant to this thread
You are wasting time and effort playing that game...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies