Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,202,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Wow. Those people are something. I voted at 18 for my first President, Reagan second term.

I've voted every midterm iirc, and every Presidential term for sure, since.

I've voted primarily Republican, but vote for a Democrat once in a while. Never again. If there's a Republican running against them, they get my vote.

If only a Democrat is running and there's no Republican nor Independent running and I leave it blank, does that invalidate my poll?

Love hearing those first time voters stepping up. Love how they are fed up with the weaponized politicized criminalized Intelligence Community, Academia, Fakestream Lamestream Blamestream Mainstream media, etc.

Blue wave my ass.

I'm still pondering her alleged fivesome.
This is a huge part of what is wrong with Americans. Critical thinking, judging a candidate as a person and how they stand on all issues, no way, just emotionaly stick with one "team." who cares if they are not the best person for the job? I don't believe you've ever voted D. The truly independent see the lies and manipulations on both sides. The Ds played dirty on this one, but the Rs wrote the book on such obvious public manipulations. Fake stream, lamestream, those words are R partisan obsession.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:07 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I am too. And embarrassed for them now. How can they still believe this bs?
No one know's what the report says right now, especially people here yet Dems are already having a fit over it just in case it doesn't go their way. They really need to realize they don't control this country like they want to.
If Kavanaugh is voted to be on the Court then great with me. If not, we move on to the next candidate. It's pretty simple. There's no need for anyone to act like a 3 year old and throw themselves on the floor screaming.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:15 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Whoever wins, loses; whoever loses, wins.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...81412818714624

Old 10-03-2018, 09:18 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Whoever wins, loses; whoever loses, wins.
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...81412818714624
You have to hand it to Nate Silver. He never gives up even after totally embarrassing himself in the last election.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:20 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I thought I'd read that, yes, and I was surprised that Mitchell left it out of the summary where she addressed changing dates. My impression was that Ford could finally pinpoint the year once she (somehow in this process, she spoke of continuing attempts to nail down requested details) figured out the exact summer that Judge was working at the Safeway.

Not accusing Mitchell of bias here ... maybe there's some reason Mitchell felt it reasonable to leave that unestablished. But based upon my totally incomplete understanding of this record, it was that detail that resulted in a "Huh?" when reading Mitchell's findings.

Nothing about this process is definitive. As long as Judge continues to deny, that's the point to move on with, of course, no final truth established. That a cloud continues to hang over Kavanaugh's head is wrong but I know of no way to "right" it. The issue of possible inherent bias he demonstrated at the hearing is separate, with the "excuse" that it came forward because of understandable emotionality not acceptable. Being angry does not excuse what is said (IF he crossed a line) when angry.

Best to let this mess not contaminate other social standards and institutions - women should (under reasonable circumstances, that do not include a non-violent sexual incident by a now mature non-repeater almost 40 years later connected to a matter of this import) continued to be believed ... men really do not need to start fearing the presence of women in the workplace etc. ... SCOTUS determinations should be viewed as non-partisan within established Constitutional law albeit by judges nominated after a partisan election who have known legal viewpoints.
It was in Judge's book.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:20 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell late Wednesday night filed for cloture to end debate on Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination, setting up a key procedural vote for Friday -- and a possible confirmation vote as early as Saturday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...ater-this-week

Old 10-03-2018, 09:24 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You have to hand it to Nate Silver. He never gives up even after totally embarrassing himself in the last election.
Just like Karl Rove. They just keep plugging away. LOL!

Old 10-03-2018, 09:33 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
"Horrific claims"? You guys need to make up your minds. What this a terrible accusation because I thought it was just about the kinds of antics all high school boys take part in?

Right - the same things that are happening to your precious high school and jr. high school daughters. So make up your minds if they should just giggle to themselves or if they have something they should tell you about.
The "horrific" part that you don't seem to get is that he is being painted as a rapist even though even Ford never said that. And his name, his life's work, his reputation is being trashed over something that I don't even believe happened, let alone those who think it's just antics.

How is it that you did not get that?

Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineyards99 View Post
Kavanaugh is a proven liar who lied under oath in front of congress about the Devil’s Triangle (a threesome not drinking game) boofing(not farting but introducing beer in your rectum) and about not knowing about the Ramires claim when he had already texted people about it

How more low can this country go?
Blah, blah, blah. Nice new account there. Who were you earlier today?

This has already been discussed, repeatedly. There is no proof whatsoever that he "lied" about jack squat other than some liberals' wet dreams.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:37 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell late Wednesday night filed for cloture to end debate on Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination, setting up a key procedural vote for Friday -- and a possible confirmation vote as early as Saturday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...ater-this-week
About time. This needs to end on Saturday, one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies