Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:55 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Lol, you all scream for an FBI investigation, one is done, now crying over the results, along with all the excuses about it (all of this was predicted of course, that is what you regressive leftists do).

The investigation was to be over the accusation from Ford and others for sexual assault, not what he wrote in yearbook, or when he threw ice in college or whatever idiotic things you all think of.

He did not lie about drinking, this has been debunked over and over again, obtuse we are. Certainly not to the extent he was misleading, he fully admitted he drank and sometimes too much, not sure what you want more. Since he has not been in any trouble for drinking, ever, it is a non-issue anyway.
I agree, but someone earlier in this thread (or in the other closed thread) admitted that (for that poster and some others) it is about keeping the 'hard won rights' of abortion and SSM....essentially giving license to 'by any means necessary'.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:06 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
That's fair, people have a right to differ. I hope you are right about the bolded and it goes for all of them. I want the SC to rise above the partisan. They can have their viewpoints but they should be based on the law and their true consideration of the issues, not partisan politics.
you think if the Republicans did to Sotomayor what the DEMS did to Kavanaugh for 2 weeks straight she wouldn't cry and be upset and hurt at the same people in the hearing and the party that is trying to destroy her life, career and family for politics?

you don't think she would go off at the GOP? you think people wouldn't give her a pass? ....you think the same democrats that are now saying Kavanaugh shouldn't be in S.C. because of his temperament at the hearing would say the same thing if Sotomayor did the same thing under the same scenarios?

you know the answer to that...she would get more sympathy because she is a liberal Latina woman.....but since Kavanaugh is a white conservative, not so much.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-04-2018, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Look, Kavanaugh is a pathetic, lying, crybaby that wanted to actually rape a young woman back in the day. He doesn’t belong anywhere near the Supreme Court!
maybe he should have raped her and be a Democrat U.S. President.....if he would have let her drown and refuse to help her maybe he could be the most powerful Democrat Senator in the last 40 years in the Senate and be a Democrat Presidential candidate.

Kavanaugh's sin is he is in the wrong party.....if he was a liberal judge pro-abortion, he could rape and kill any woman and still be accepted in the democrat party....the party of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-04-2018, 02:16 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I agree, but someone earlier in this thread (or in the other closed thread) admitted that (for that poster and some others) it is about keeping the 'hard won rights' of abortion and SSM....essentially giving license to 'by any means necessary'.
Politicians are manipulating people to get votes. The Supreme court will not put itself in jeopardy by going against the popular opinion on matters that have popular support and are extremely partisan and volatile. Both enjoy well over majority support.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you think if the Republicans did to Sotomayor what the DEMS did to Kavanaugh for 2 weeks straight she wouldn't cry and be upset and hurt at the same people in the hearing and the party that is trying to destroy her life, career and family for politics?

you don't think she would go off at the GOP? you think people wouldn't give her a pass? ....you think the same democrats that are now saying Kavanaugh shouldn't be in S.C. because of his temperament at the hearing would say the same thing if Sotomayor did the same thing under the same scenarios?

you know the answer to that...she would get more sympathy because she is a liberal Latina woman.....but since Kavanaugh is a white conservative, not so much.
I thought for once a respectful end could be reached with a partisan obsessed. I actually thought that was really cool. I should have known better. Whatever, continue the partisan whining. I have better things to do.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: Edited quote

Old 10-04-2018, 02:34 AM

Quote:
I thought for once a respectful end could be reached despite not agreeing with a partisan obsessed. I actually thought that was really cool. I should have known better. Whatever, continue the partisan whining. I have better things to do.
so your opinion We must respect......my opinion is partisan obsessed whining? got it!

by the way, this is the USSC, everything is partisan....from the picks, nomination process and even their rulings....if you don't like partisan "whining" you came to the wrong place.

if you have better things to do, why are you here and keep posting? isn't that whining on itself.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-04-2018, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so your opinion We must respect......my opinion is partisan obsessed whining? got it!

by the way, this is the USSC, everything is partisan....from the picks, nomination process and even their rulings....if you don't like partisan "whining" you came to the wrong place.

if you have better things to do, why are you here and keep posting? isn't that whining on itself.
Quote:
That's fair, people have a right to differ. I hope you are right about the bolded and it goes for all of them. I want the SC to rise above the partisan. They can have their viewpoints but they should be based on the law and their true consideration of the issues, not partisan politics.
This is my post. "That's fair" I gave you your right to opinion, just said I disagree, which is my right. I agreed with you when you said you hoped it never happend again AND I added that applies to ALL of them. You take that reasonable post and start the partisan fight all over again. Why do you do that? We don't agree. There is no right or wrong. This is all opinion.

I most defineitly have better things to do than continuing something that can never be resolved. Sometimes you just have to let to go. You don't get to tell people what's the truth when there is no truth. Have a good night, I'm done.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:23 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Worse than that, I think its now if they are Dems they will say whatever helps the Dem cause.
Yes agree.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:43 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
The FBI report is now complete. There is no corroborating evidence of Christine Ford’s sexual assault allegation against Brett Kavanaugh.

This is the last word. Now it’s on to the vote.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:07 AM

718 posts, read 599,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The FBI report is now complete. There is no corroborating evidence of Christine Ford’s sexual assault allegation against Brett Kavanaugh.

This is the last word. Now it’s on to the vote.
Excellent, hopefully Kavanaugh can go after Dr Fraud for defamation of character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies