Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:31 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
FBI was told to stand down. His roommate has been interviewed by the media....and he is a very reasonable and logical fella. He claims he has NEVER been contacted by the FBI...now or in the past. So much for the "5 or 6" complete background investigations. What type of background investigation would not speak to a guy who lived in the same ROOM with Brett...as an adult!

For a slight comparison, one of our neighbors in NJ...who we didn't socialize with, became a lowly FBI agent. They came and knocked on our door and asked many a question about her...about when she was growing up....

Now, C'mon, even the most partisan among you have to admit this is no background check at all. His roommate can only suggest that whoever was "investigating" was given the word not to talk to many people.
Everyone knew from the onset this was going to be the new tactic when the FBI cleared Kavanugh of any wrongdoing with Ford.
First they begged and screamed for the FBI to step in and do another investigation. Then when the new investigation produced nothing, it's a sham. You guys really need a reality check because you obviously have no idea how you sound.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:31 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The scope of the FBI investigation is important and we don't know that yet. Today on the news they said the FBI was not allowed to look into Kavanaugh's drinking. If true, what a crock that is!

The question is quite simple. Is there any proof of what Dr. Ford alleged? I knew lots of friends in college who drank way more than they should have. They graduated and went on to successful lives. For a few it took them in the wrong direction and they dropped out.

How much Kavanaugh drank in college in no way proves he assaulted Ford. And it did not lead to him dropping out of school. By all measures he is a successful adult.

I am not a left or right ideologue so whatever happens here does not make any difference to me. But short of proof I don't see any reason to keep him out.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:33 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
Justice Dept. news conference at 9:30 - watch they implicate Russia in the Kavanaugh vote. Something's going on and we will soon find out...

Old 10-04-2018, 07:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
How can you call something a conspiracy when you cannot prove whether it is a conspiracy to begin with?
Common sense and use of critical thinking. Here is a tip. Consider the issue without knowing any names and whether it is is to bash GOPs or Dems. Then make a judgement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9f5e2d6bb93b

Old 10-04-2018, 07:45 AM

718 posts, read 599,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The question is quite simple. Is there any proof of what Dr. Ford alleged? I knew lots of friends in college who drank way more than they should have. They graduated and went on to successful lives. For a few it took them in the wrong direction and they dropped out.

How much Kavanaugh drank in college in no way proves he assaulted Ford. And it did not lead to him dropping out of school. By all measures he is a successful adult.

I am not a left or right ideologue so whatever happens here does not make any difference to me. But short of proof I don't see any reason to keep him out.

I agree with your post.

If Dr. Fraud wants to file charges, she can do so with the Montgomery County Police Dept. and Montgomery County State’s Attorney. And if she does, they won't treat her with "kid gloves" and if she ever filed and a complaint and it went to trial, a courtroom is not place for her shrinking violet, little girl, victim portrayal.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:48 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,006,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogal9 View Post
If Dr. Fraud wants to file charges, she can do so with the Montgomery County Police Dept. and Montgomery County State’s Attorney.
The only person who SHOULD file charges is Judge Kavanaugh, for defamation, even if after he is confirmed to SCOTUS!

Old 10-04-2018, 07:51 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,347,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Politicians are manipulating people to get votes. The Supreme court will not put itself in jeopardy by going against the popular opinion on matters that have popular support and are extremely partisan and volatile. Both enjoy well over majority support.
Any analysis will almost certainly demonstrate that over time SCOTUS determinations follow public opinion or, to be precise, are synchronized with cultural mores.

For example, the profoundly liberal Earl Warren Court that altered the American landscape with decisions on civil rights never would have made same-sex marriage a nationwide right. No case would have come before it. Gay marriage, or more broadly homosexual behavior, was not yet an lifestyle accepted by a substantial portion of Americans.

Statistics show a radical shift in support for same-sex marriage within a relatively short period of time. The Court followed.

Although my daughter is young, I'm certainly not losing any sleep that Roe v Wade will be overturned for the resulting political turmoil would make for interesting times.

The issue that many have with Kavanaugh is not Roe v Wade but that he stood before the Senate and started sprouting conspiracy theories.

That this approach does not appall more is is also a "sign of the times" with some conditioned (at least, in part) from the political-style of our current President.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:51 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The leftists said Ford sounded "credible" to them during her testimony, because she whined and emoted and spoke like a whimpering little girl all the way through her testimony. But when you look at the facts, without the emotional acting out, she appears to be remarkably uncredible.
It wasn't just leftists. My mother is a registered Republican and believes Ford and thinks Kavanaugh is such. Mac and Gaydos a local radio new talk show both believe Ford and they are mostly middle of the road. So so much for it being just a leftist issue...

Old 10-04-2018, 07:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
The future of the republican party is at stake, here. GOP still has a chance to save face.

IF they confirm Kavanaugh, republicans will lose bigly next month and in 2020.

BRETT KAVANAUGH LIED UNDER OATH

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/1047835086870069248

Old 10-04-2018, 07:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Don't know if this has been posted here or not yet. This thread moves too fast to tell.

Republicans are putting huge limits on the viewing of the FBI report by Senators. Each side will get one copy only that they all must share in order to read it, and they will be given one hour only. Photocopying or reproducing the report in any way is prohibited.

Now, there are 100 Senators. What's the likelihood that they all will get a chance to read it before it is taken away?

Great tactic if you want to make sure the report is not seen by all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...day/ar-BBNTCEe

Does the Party of Trump ever do anything honest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies