Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 08:46 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Hardly an impartial report. That prosecutor was hired by the Republicans on the committee specifically to poke holes in her story.
25 years of experience and nothing in her report can be honestly disputed.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:48 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Hardly an impartial report. That prosecutor was hired by the Republicans on the committee specifically to poke holes in her story.
And there were no witnesses allowed to testify and be cross-examined, so of course there wouldn't be enough evidence to bring charges. It wasn't allowed to be heard. That wouldn't have happened in a court of law.

Basically, she is admitting this was nothing like a court of law.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Anyone with 1/10 of a brain was poking holes in her entire story long prior to this lady showing up....

Hell, ford was poking holes in her own story....
True. We didn't really need this memo. We saw all of her contradictions. The hilarious one was saying that if she knew when Mark Judge was working at Safeway, she could pin down the year. LOL! I could pin it down too finding that information in his book, which had already been released. She finds out that he worked at a grocery store. Anyway, the unbelievable part is Ford saying that she said Hello to him after running into him at the store, but HE was the one that was visibly shaken. I laughed at that part.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Actually I am not sure, but it was absolutely huge. I'm sure it was at least in the top 3.
Ask Admin or Marka, they could search that parameter...

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
25 years of experience and nothing in her report can be honestly disputed.
The report concludes that there would be insufficient evidence to prosecute Kav. That's irrelevant since he is not on trial and reasonable doubt is not the standard by which he is being evaluated for SCOTUS.

10,513 posts, read 5,171,947 times
Since Trump and the Senate are putting severe limits on the FBI cursory "investigation," more evidence is going to be coming out in public. From Chad Ludington, former Yale teammate of Kavanaugh:

"For the fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker. I know, because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him. On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer. When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive."

Drinking is not the issue. It's his belligerent and aggressive behavior which he still displays to this day, and the fact that he lied to the committee. His belligerent and loud behavior in the hearing and his lying are disqualifying. Kavanaugh is not fit for service on the Supreme Court.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Since Trump and the Senate are putting severe limits on the FBI cursory "investigation," more evidence is going to be coming out in public. From Chad Ludington, former Yale teammate of Kavanaugh:

"For the fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker. I know, because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him. On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer. When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive."

Drinking is not the issue. It's his belligerent and aggressive behavior which he still displays to this day, and the fact that he lied to the committee. His belligerent and loud behavior in the hearing and his lying are disqualifying. Kavanaugh is not fit for service on the Supreme Court.
I hope you get to stand before a Judge in a courtroom and call him a Pervert and see how he responds.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:52 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,014 times
Quote:
Fine, however, the inconsistencies in her accounts of the evening are well laid out. Cannot be impartial in that regard.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:53 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
About 60% of the public do not want Roe overturned.

About 40% oppose Kav at this point with 30% supporting him and the rest undecided.

The public is already not with him.

polls? the same polls that said Hillary by a landslide and Trump had no chance.

anyone who keeps quoting polls especially from a bias media is a fool.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

Drinking is not the issue. It's his belligerent and aggressive behavior which he still displays to this day, and the fact that he lied to the committee. Kavanaugh is not fit for service on the Supreme Court.
Yes, severely limiting the scope of the investigation is going to backfire. They could keep the FBI results secret but the media is under no such constraint. And you can bet they're beating the bushes right now looking for people to recount their first-hand experiences with Brett.

The GOP shot themselves in the foot with this nomination. And instead of seeking to mitigate the damage by withdrawing his name, they are looking to shoot themselves in their other foot now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies