Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:49 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
And a lot of women do not think she is a "certifiable nutcase."
A lot of women I’ve talked to think she’s nuts. The ones from her generation and older think she is being a drama queen. There are, of course, plenty of women who do not think she is nuts, and they believe her.

Now, that Swenick character - if you don’t think she’s nuts, delusional, or just a flat out liar, you are so blinded by an agenda that no amount of proof will ever convince you that Kavanaugh isn’t the second coming of Ted Bundy.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:49 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Brett Kavanaugh’s real crime? He’s a white man
"No one knows for sure if Brett Kavanaugh is guilty of assaulting Christine Blasey Ford 36 years ago. But there is one thing he is definitely guilty of: being white. It’s written all over his face. All over his Caucasian face. He has committed what social-justice warriors and race-obsessed liberals consider to be the great crime of our era: he was born white. And male too! He’s the bearer of two original sins — whiteness and maleness — and his haters will never stop reminding him, and us, of this fact."

Old 10-02-2018, 08:50 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Have you ever interviewed a rape victim? I have, and it is completely normal for them not to remember--even directly following the assault--many aspects of the rape, rapist, or situation.
Many women who were raped/assaulted have told similar stories, right here on CD. Apparently, if they can't remember certain details, they are all lying.

THIS is why women don't come forward. It's no great mystery, when even women who claim to have been victims themselves mock and discredit another woman's experience.

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually it can be partially their fault. Would you walk down a street in the worst part of town with $100 bills hanging out of your pockets and then wonder why you got robbed? No, you wouldn't just as you shouldn't go someplace and get yourself so blasted that you're not in control of your own actions or not able to realize a bad situation is about to occur and then leave.

Or, you put yourself into a situation where both you and the other person are so blasted that signals etc are misunderstood/ignored/not realized/not properly vocalized and then unwanted sex happens.

Yes, there are some situations where the "victim" has some blame.
"you shouldn't go someplace and get yourself so blasted that you're not in control of your own actions or not able to realize a bad situation is about to occur and then leave."

So this doesn't apply to men, as well, I guess. Ridiculous reasoning. What you're basically saying is that women should not party and should not drink, because one or more men in her company might rape her. If they do, it's her fault. I'm betting that quite a few men--especially those who have a wife or daughter who was raped--would vehemently disagree with you.

The only one to blame for rape is the rapist.

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Have you ever interviewed a rape victim?
..guess that eliminates Ford then

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
The fact that Democrats were supporters of Clinton has no bearing on the Kavanaugh hearing. If it did, then what you're basically arguing is that Democrats have no right to participate in a nominee's hearing if the nominee is Republican.
Please try and keep up. The whole conversation was about why the Clintons might have been brought up in Kavahaughs statement...

Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
She has flown into DC multiple times. Apparently, she is only afraid to fly if it’s justification to delay a congressional hearing.
Good grief. I've been scared to fly for 20 years after flying in a horrible thunderstorm caused a near death experience. I got through each flight with Benadryl or a glass of wine. People who are scared to fly don't them stop from flying; it just means they hate doing it! That includes flying for vacations. It's way more convenient and cheaper in many cases.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
As compared to the infinite neutrality of Fox News?
Your interpretation not mine. Evidently reading comprehension is not a strong suit?

Old 10-02-2018, 08:54 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Actually it can be partially their fault. Would you walk down a street in the worst part of town with $100 bills hanging out of your pockets and then wonder why you got robbed? No, you wouldn't just as you shouldn't go someplace and get yourself so blasted that you're not in control of your own actions or not able to realize a bad situation is about to occur and then leave.

Or, you put yourself into a situation where both you and the other person are so blasted that signals etc are misunderstood/ignored/not realized/not properly vocalized and then unwanted sex happens.

Yes, there are some situations where the "victim" has some blame.
You have said the verboten. It will be used to invalidate anything else you have said. Whenever you're getting fired up and thinking "You know what? There's some truth to the verboten." keep it to yourself.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:54 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And there you have it. Victim shaming 101.

It is NEVER a woman's fault for being sexually assaulted. You are basically saying men are animals who have no ability to control themselves, so if they assault a woman, it's her fault for not taking his inability to control himself into account.

Is this really how you view men?
I said this on another thread. You (general) have rights, but not everyone else in the world respects those rights. The idea of "I should be able to..." is not facing reality. Females have got to face reality. Yes, in an ideal world, I should be able to a lot of things, but this is not a world where everything is ideal. Be aware of, acknowledge, and accept reality.

The reality is, if you dress a certain way, someone will take that to mean something. If you go certain places, someone will take that to mean something. If you drink a lot, you lose control of yourself, and some will take that to mean something. If you goof around with someone, someone will take that to mean something.

Yes, "I should be able to..." but that is not reality, and no matter how much people bark about it, no matter how much people protest about it, no matter how vocal people are about it, no matter how much some people try to change it, no matter how much some people attack males for it, the reality is, "I should be able to..." doesn't always get to happen because you cannot control 7 billion people on this planet. There are people who do. not. care. what you think you "should be able to...", they will take advantage.

Face. Reality. Do NOT put yourself in a situation that you don't need to be in.

It is not saying that all attacks are because someone put themselves in a situation they shouldn't be in, but it would definitely make a dent if people would realize, acknowledge, and accept reality.

Of course they can work to educate, but they still need to accept reality in the meantime. And the way to educate is not to pi$$ off half of the population by trashing on all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies