Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 04:19 PM

17,475 posts, read 9,302,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Women are going to provide this much needed backbone. I truly believe this. The millions of women who took to the streets after the inauguration, the strength and effectiveness of the Me Too movement, the record number of women running for political office this time around, all point to the beginning of a new era.

The *****-grabbing party ignores this at their own peril.
I don't doubt that you will get many of those kitty-cat hat women .... but you are losing Mothers with Sons, Grandmothers with both Son & male Grandchildren, wives with husbands, and women with brothers, fathers, close male friends. This entire new premise of "Women MUST be believed" and "Men are Guilty unless they can PROVE without ANY doubt, that they are innocent" -- that's a Game Changer for many women. It's the reality if this is the Standard in the #Resistance - and it sure looks like that is where they (and you) are headed.

That works fine for you ..... it is NOT fine for Normal People that won't be willing to give up .....
"Innocent until Proven Guilty", which is more than Law - it's a premise that Decent People believe in.

You may not personally know a male that was falsly charged and wouldn't give in to the "blackmail settlement to make it go away" .... but I know one - it took over 2 years before she accepted that HE was not going to give up and plead for something he DID tNOT do. She recanted. He was broke - lost his business & home - but he still had his self respect, his family, his wife, all his relatives and his little girl. He started over .... she escaped with a "shrug". This accusation was her revenge for a medium Job Review because her job description involved travel & she didn't want to travel.

I will never, ever forget that --
I sat my son down and told him then - ALWAYS make sure you have your recorder on anytime you are with one of your female employees - ALWAYS, without fail. He has done that for 7 years now.

Last edited by Kibby; 10-02-2018 at 04:28 PM..

Old 10-02-2018, 04:21 PM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't believe he can ever be impartial. If he had had a different attitude and demeanor when being questioned I might feel differently.
Or if you weren't a Democrat?

Old 10-02-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I don't doubt that you will get many of those kitty-cat hat women .... but you are losing Mothers with Sons, Grandmothers with both Son & male Grandchildren, wives with husbands, and women with brothers, fathers, close male friends. This entire new premise of "Women MUST be believed" and "Men are Guilty unless they can PROVE without ANY doubt, that they are innocent" -- that's a Game Changer for many women. It's the reality if this is the Standard in the #Resistance - and it sure looks like that is where they (and you) are headed.

That works fine for you ..... it is NOT fine for Normal People that won't be willing to give up .....
"Innocent until Proven Guilty", which is more than Law - it's a premise that Decent People believe in.

You may not personally know a male that was falsly charged and wouldn't give in to the "blackmail settlement to make it go away" .... but I know one - it took over 2 years before she accepted that HE was not going to give up and plead for something he DID tNOT do. She recanted. He was broke - lost his business & home - but he still had his self respect, his family, his wife, all his relatives and his little girl. He started over .... she escaped with a "shrug".

I will never, ever forget that --
I sat my son down and told him then - ALWAYS make sure you have your recorder on anytime you are with one of your female employees - ALWAYS, without fail. He has done that for 7 years now.
I am sorry about that. I told my daughters falsely accusing a man of something like that was only third below: murder, rape, purposely getting pregnant without man's consent and the false accusations. The last two are pretty on par with each other.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:27 PM

13,888 posts, read 8,086,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It wasn't supposed to matter. She never expected to testify ..... I don't think the original letter mentioned any names but Brett Kavanaugh & Matt Judge (that all came out of Judge's book, articles, tweets) -- I think the other names were added later, but not sure about that. WashPo didn't report them and DiFI kept refusing to release the letter to Grassley.

Kavanaugh was supposed to withdraw OR the GOP was supposed to pressure President Trump to drop him and pick somebody else. It all got away from them when the "withdraw/drop" expected result did not happen. A plan gone wrong.

Exactly. The plan backfired.

Difi knew the woman wasn't credible but felt the allegation alone would be enough

Old 10-02-2018, 04:32 PM

17,475 posts, read 9,302,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who thinks minorities are on board with that? They've been fighting for decades against EXACTLY that.

Black men have been lynched on nothing more than white women's "say so."
Do you think they are going to get sudden amnesia and forget that? I don't, I don't think their families will either. This is not really about Kavanaugh & Ford at it's heart.

It's about this entire "guilty until proven innocent" that the Leftists are attempting to install as the norm.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 6,360,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am sorry about that. I told my daughters falsely accusing a man of something like that was only third below: murder, rape, purposely getting pregnant without man's consent and the false accusations. The last two are pretty on par with each other.
What? I scolded you the other day for saying you'd advise your daughters to do that so they could have their web presence scrubbed.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:34 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,545,791 times
Quote:
Any decent patriotis American who believes in fairness and truth in our justice system should feel the same.

You should be concerned about this no matter on which side of the political spectrum you are.

If you don't - and are willing to employ a scorched earth policy to ALL out institutions to advance your political belief - disenfranchising half the country - this country is finished.

Kavanaugh needs to be above partisan politics if the Court is to retain any semblance of fairness and impartiality. Pretty much a joke these days, but they should at least try.

He's clearly shown pettiness and bias. Inadvertently, he has shown he is unfit for the SC - or any bench for that matter.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What? I scolded you the other day for saying you'd advise your daughters to do that so they could have their web presence scrubbed.
You obvious don't understand sarcasm. There was no point in responding to you. Others got what I was doing.

Old 10-02-2018, 04:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,286,776 times
Senate Dems on Kavanaugh.

1. Oppose him almost unanimously from start.

2. Call him “evil.”

3. In hearings, virtually ignore his actual record on the bench.

4. Afterward, leak uncorroborated accusations of sex crimes.

5. When he fights back in anger, attack his “temperament.”

Old 10-02-2018, 04:37 PM

19,718 posts, read 12,289,701 times
Quote:
I believe I am still registered as R but will change it to I. This is not political to everyone. I would prefer a centrist justice. This one is tainted. There are others that seem more suitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies