Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 02:16 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,121,716 times

Advertisements

Alyssa Milano has gone mad.

Her story at the concert was a weird one. Someone went up behind, put their hands under her skirt and started punching her "V"...(PUNCHING) I was confused by that statement. Wouldn't the person be punching her butt? She is pretty short.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,551,559 times
Here is Senator Collins speech, for those who missed it:

Old 10-05-2018, 02:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Actually, they haven't said that. They said it was important precedent, which is a self evident fact. It does not indicate which way they will vote in such a case.
Yes, they have said it is the 'law of the land', and Gorsuch said he'd walk out the door if he was asked to vote to overturn R&W. Susan Collins, of all people, said Gorsush would vote NO. Those things are settled issues for them.

As for gay marriage, Gorsuch said it is protected by the Constitution.

Personally I am glad this circus is over, and I'll be even happier after Nov elections are over, because I am tired of the cheap negative ads on TV.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:17 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,911,603 times
Dumbocrats (Preface: I am for neither party) instead of focusing on highlighting a candidate to oust Trump decided to focus on a Supreme Court nominee.

Cory Booker and Kamala Harris are so full of it. I am tired of the dog and pony show and they need to take the high road for once. The GOP to the average zombie American voter looks good right now.

My major was Political Science heavy so I can tell you that Liberals are over-reaching right now, don't know when to stop and that is ultimately why there is a backlash of conservatism happening in this new Trumphiant Era. Millennials are waking up especially after the mediocrity of Obama.

Disclaimer - ALL major politicians are liars and losers and until the political funding laws are changed and SUPERPACs are dismantled this is all a sham. This system and it's appointees do not represent the American people or their interests/needs. People need to stop flip flopping and vote with $$$$ instead of through this racket we call a Democracy.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:18 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,912,899 times
When will the protesters yell Shame in Harry Reid's face?
He's the one who made this possible with his nuclear option.
Perhaps the protestors are not informed?

Old 10-05-2018, 02:19 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,051,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
It's disgusting what these protesters are saying.

"Women should be believed without question"
"Sexual assault victims should be believed no matter what"
"Believe all women"

Alyssa Milano said the other day that she didn't care if some men were falsely accused.

This whole guilty until proven innocent ideal is crazy.
To the bolded (my emphasis), I saw this and found her comments alarming. She said that the pendulum has swung the other way and if some innocent men get caught in it, that was okay because she felt it was just based on history. I will never accept that as okay. Never. People like her and these kinds of ideas are the antithesis of everything our country believes and was founded upon.

Last edited by southbel; 10-05-2018 at 02:48 PM..

Old 10-05-2018, 02:19 PM

19,263 posts, read 16,787,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It is my belief that the protests are much smaller than we are lead to believe.
I hope you're right. I know that we've been having quite a few of these violent type of protests in my state. Not as many as in the eastern part of the state but still enough to make me ask "What is happening in this country?!?!?"

Old 10-05-2018, 02:21 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,345,295 times
Like I said before, "I have no problem with Kavanaugh's being confirmed." Now we will have two liars, two sexual predators and two dishonest men sitting on the Supreme Court. Clarence Thomas has been a deaf mute since his conformation, I hope Kavanaugh prove us wrong and do the "right thing" during his tenure on the court.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:22 PM

8,504 posts, read 3,362,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
It's disgusting what these protesters are saying.

"Women should be believed without question"
"Sexual assault victims should be believed no matter what"
"Believe all women"

Alyssa Milano said the other day that she didn't care if some men were falsely accused.

This whole guilty until proven innocent ideal is crazy.
Those viewpoints are unacceptable; there are crazies are both sides of the spectrum. Offhand, I don't know of anyone who said such things in this thread, although certainly I have not read every post.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:24 PM

30,374 posts, read 23,843,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I agree! I've been watching the debate live on youtube and was VERY impressed with Senator Collins' comments. She was calm, articulate and well spoken. Wish she represented my state. I'd vote for her. Instead, I have ..... well, I'm from California so you know what I have.
Found a live stream and just got done watching her portion after going back in that livestream a bit.

I don't agree with everything that she said, (Di-Fi has integrity? no), but I did like how she dismantled all of the BS claims that confirming Kavanaugh was going to be such chaos because he's going to start taking away things like Roe vs Wade, etc. Idiots.

I'm very glad she's voting YES to his confirmation. I love the state of Maine, and am glad it's not going to be tarnished by someone who would allow an allegation with no evidence at all to prevent his nomination. She was being very fair, and I give her props for that. Shouldn't have taken all this extra baloney, but she is going to vote YES, so that's what matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies