Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 06:05 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,593,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I always lock the doors to my car and home to help prevent theft. If I left my doors unlocked I’m not asking to be robbed. However I am making it easier for thieves to rob me. Locking my doors also won’t prevent me from being robbed. One should take reasonable precautions to help prevent themselves from being a victim of a crime. Pointing out those reasonable precautions isn’t blaming the victim of the crime. It’s a lesson on steps one can take to help prevent the crime from taking place.
What is the analogy to women regarding locking doors? Is there something that simple we can do to prevent rape? If so, and you know what that simple thing is, your're a genius. No one else has been able to figure it out. Enlighten us.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:05 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,724,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, everyone knows women are more emotional than men, by a wide margin. Certainly there is enough overlap that generalizations aren't always true, but that doesn't make them wrong.

https://ifstudies.org/blog/number-3-...mily-tradeoffs

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19883140

Women are overwhelmingly more interested in people. Men are overwhelmingly more interested in things. This is a scientific reality, not my opinion.

Men are tinkerers, women like to talk. Men are more concerned with principles, women are more concerned with outcomes. Men are builders, women are caretakers.

Women are far more bonded to their family and their children. Women, in defense of their children, will attack you with the ferocity of a lion. Men tend to be more rational and fair-minded. Men demand respect and order. Women demand acceptance.

There is a biological explanation for all of these tendencies. But I never proclaimed any of these things to be either inferior or superior.
100% spot on!

Old 10-06-2018, 06:08 PM

13,471 posts, read 9,982,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think in most of those cases they have all the proof needed, they just don't have a confirmed identity of the suspect, such as a DNA match.
If a woman is with the suspect, and they know each other, then I would assume confirmed identity is not an issue. If you know someone, then DNA is not always evidence. There's no nefarious reason why DNA wouldn't be present on both parties. Semen isn't always involved, you know.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:08 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,599,633 times
Quote:
Because in those scenarios it's harder to believe without doubt that it was against the accusers will and the accused knew so. And also the accuser's actions confused the issue of determining consent.
Again, why? I know you means I want to **** you?

Get real.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,891,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
If a woman is with the suspect, and they know each other, then I would assume confirmed identity is not an issue. If you know someone, then DNA is not always evidence. There's no nefarious reason why DNA wouldn't be present on both parties. Semen isn't always involved, you know.
I was talking about the cases where the woman does not know the suspect. You're not keeping up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Again, why? I know you means I want to **** you?

Get real.
No but it can be more likely that the person wanted to, especially when they're are voluntarily alone together, drinking etc.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is difficult for men not to view women as sex objects if they dress provocatively. Men are hardwired to be sexually aggressive towards women.

That's why I think it helps for women to dress more modestly, especially in professional or academic settings.
Part of the problem.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:14 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,358,460 times
Quote:
How so?
Respectfully, I say, none of it is true.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:16 PM

13,471 posts, read 9,982,834 times
Quote:
I was talking about the cases where the woman does not know the suspect. You're not keeping up.
Yeah that's not my fault.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,891,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Part of the problem.
I don't think it would be preferable to females if males were like women and completely ignored or rejected almost all females all the time unless they are exceptionally attractive and of high status and approached the male first.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:

No but it can be more likely that the person wanted to, especially when they're are voluntarily alone together, drinking etc.
Wow. #partoftheproblem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies