Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:19 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Perhaps she should find an enemy tank to sit on, maybe Iran.
She could always sit on Michael Moore, just about the same size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 05:21 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Glad to see that in her 80s she still scares the •##* out of the deplorables. She continues to live an extroidinary life and to fight for what is right. Very inspiring.
Scare? How is she scaring anyone? If you care to read the posts, we’re making fun of the old bat.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:10 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She has always been Pro American, what could be more American than a political protest. She was on the right side of history with her protests in the 1960's just showed some poor judgement going to Hanoi. but she was devoted to ending the war.
well, She was young and stupid then, and is now old and stupid. (don't get me wrong, I call her stupid because she probably STILL thinks she could fool everybody, well, she couldn't)

If she opposed the war she could have used whatever influence she had to try to end the war through the political process here.

The pictures of her smiling and dancing with VietNamese prison guards, the infamous photo of her perched on an anti-aircraft gun, the vile things she said about veterans, all are worthy of contempt.

I don't understand why anyone would put Jane Fonda on any list of memorable women. She made a few movies, and hung out in North Vietnam.

She is a self-absorbed person who is VERY GOOD at one thing: she knows How to Stay Relevant When the World Thinks She's Irrelevant.

I guess you can call her a successful woman, I'd give her that.

I think she is only pro herself.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 10-04-2018 at 06:21 PM..

Old 10-04-2018, 06:25 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Man spits on 80 year old woman. You folks have a really sick sense of what makes a hero...
I know. They are reveling in this. Reading this thread sickens me. A bunch of men, once again, making fun of a woman because she had the audacity to get older. How dare she?

Actually, I think she looks great. I haven't always agreed with her, but she is a vocal advocate for women.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:31 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
[quote=Delahanty;53268554]Just a few months after notifying the country that she "closed up shop down there," Fonda apparently now has too much time on her hands, and has taken up getting people riled up again.

She and like-minded panelists were all hopped up about Trump, and zeroed in on the possibility that he might fire Mueller, after which Fonda went berserk.

Some things never change.

Yes, it doesn't change. Jane Fonda has always had an active interest in politics. Nothing wrong with that.

By the way, how do you react when Republicans threaten to shut down the government?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:32 PM

830 posts, read 486,756 times
Jane who?

Old 10-04-2018, 06:34 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Good for her...that is what Americans are supposed to do when we have a govt in power like this!!

Modern "Progressive" SJWs have lost their mind. Now every group of weirdos in the country has a cause, something to say, and wants to go out and protest over non-issues. They're embarassing themselves at this point.

None of them have a righteous cause. They're just crazy.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:39 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, She was young and stupid then, and is now old and stupid. (don't get me wrong, I call her stupid because she probably STILL thinks she could fool everybody, well, she couldn't)

If she opposed the war she could have used whatever influence she had to try to end the war through the political process here.

The pictures of her smiling and dancing with VietNamese prison guards, the infamous photo of her perched on an anti-aircraft gun, the vile things she said about veterans, all are worthy of contempt.

I don't understand why anyone would put Jane Fonda on any list of memorable women. She made a few movies, and hung out in North Vietnam.

She is a self-absorbed person who is VERY GOOD at one thing: she knows How to Stay Relevant When the World Thinks She's Irrelevant.

I guess you can call her a successful woman, I'd give her that.

I think she is only pro herself.
There were plenty of political activists protesting the war in Vietnam, protests are one more way of getting change and they were peaceful. The opposition to those protests was not quite so peaceful. I will never condone her trip to North Vietnam, and she wasn't that young. It takes a some energy to attend protests, I never have but I respect people that take the time and they do cause change over time. She didn't have much clout as an individual, it took some courage by Nixon to finally end what everyone already knew. The military meanwhile was asking for 50,000 more troops so they could "win the war".

She will be remembered by most for that one trip to Hanoi. all else will be forgotten. Interesting documentary on her life now on HBO Jane Fonda in 5 Acts, she had an entitled but tragic life, just a sidelight and yes she is self absorbed.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:40 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Modern "Progressive" SJWs have lost their mind. Now every group of weirdos in the country has a cause, something to say, and wants to go out and protest over non-issues. They're embarassing themselves at this point.

None of them have a righteous cause. They're just crazy.
Looks like there's a lot of conflict and the women's rights issue wasn't solved after all. More work to be done.
We do not hate men and we appreciate them when they treat us like equal human beings.

This might end up as a second civil war and could end our country or everyone could move more to the middle and work together as a county. Americans. Not fake Americans who mock each other, undermine each other, insult each other, form into separate tribes...wha?????? What is going on? Almost everyone hates the extremists on each side. We have fake ideas of what a liberal is and what a conservative is. Most are moderate, in the middle.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:43 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were plenty of political activists protesting the war in Vietnam, protests are one more way of getting change and they were peaceful. The opposition to those protests was not quite so peaceful. I will never condone her trip to North Vietnam, and she wasn't that young. It takes a some energy to attend protests, I never have but I respect people that take the time and they do cause change over time.

She will be remembered by most for that one trip to Hanoi. all else will be forgotten. Interesting documentary on her life now on HBO Jane Fonda in 5 Acts, she had an entitled but tragic life, just a sidelight and yes she is self absorbed.
I respect anti-war veterans, I also respect anti-war civilians. What I don't respect is the self-absorbed people who hide behind the anti-war mask. I think these people are disgusting.

Like I posted earlier, If she opposed the war she could have used whatever influence she had to try to end the war through the political process here. She probably thought she could fool people, she couldn't. These are a lot of anti-war actresses and actors, there are a lot of anti-war veterans. How come they are not hated? There is a reason why many people dislike Hanoi Jane. Nobody is trying to pick on her.

I am glad that you agreed that she is a self absorbed person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies