Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 08:34 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,023,728 times

Advertisements

nobody with a brain took that allegation seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 08:43 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I find it disturbing that, though there was to be a thorough investigation regarding other witnesses involved with Kavanaugh's background, it was just cut short. There were those wanting to testify about their knowledge of and experiences with, yet were unable to do so.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...mer-classmates
What part of this do you not understand??

You are in a car accident - you claim the other guy ran a stop sign - the other guy claims you ran the stop sign. You have witnesses that HE ran the stop sign and hit YOU.

Your witnesses:

1) You told your spouse that the other guy ran the stop sign - she was out of town at the time.
2) You told a waitress at the corner bar that a guy ran a stop sign and hit you.
3) 10 years later you told some folks at hte beach that you were hit by a guy who ran a stop sign

Balsey Ford waited 30 years to tell anyone ....... the people she told are NOT "witnesses".

Oddly enough ...... the FBI doesn't think people who were not there and heard a story 30 years and 36 years later are NOT "witnesses". THOSE are the "witnesses" that the Blasey-Ford Law team is whining about that the FBI did not interview.

That is exactly the names/people listed in the Letters that Bromwich and Katz were send Chuck Grassley - the people from California that were NOT there and only heard a STORY.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:47 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Standard spin. It is clear that Leland modified her story to be no memory but she believed Ford. the right leaning shops duck that.
She was just being polite. She no longer has any use for the liar Mrs Ford..

Old 10-07-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
It’s been three weeks and Dems STILL haven’t explained why they believe Ford other than the fact she is accusing a conservative SCOTUS nominee
Sorry you are confused .... I thought they made it perfectly clear.

1). Ford is a woman and women MUST ALWAYS be believed .... even with no shred of proof.
2). New rules -- Men MUST PROVE they are innocent when accused of Anything by Any woman.
3). Just to be perfectly clear - that old "innocent until proven guilty thingy" no longer applies.
4). These new Rules do NOT apply if the woman is not a card carrying Leftist and the man is a Leftist

This is easy, not at all difficult to understand .... and if you are a Man - "just shut up".

Old 10-07-2018, 08:55 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Excuse me, sir or madam. But isn't involuntary nature of the interaction an essential element of "assault." Or should we investigate every childbirth for an "assault" during impregnation?
Yes, it is but when it comes to rape women are often held at least partially responsible because of their behavior. I've heard numerous reasons that some believe mean that women bear part of the responsibility for being raped. What were they doing alone with a man? Were they drinking? Did they lead him on? Fearing this, many decide they shouldn't report. They realize they will be putting themselves in an extremely difficult situation to be not believed and probably blamed.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
We've been on other threads where we argued history to death (Civil War last time, wasn't it?)

Full disclosure: I've worked as an investigator in reviewing large volumes of attorney-compiled information for factual inconsistencies etc. From it, I've developed a profound distaste for distortion.

Ford's testimony drew me because of her apparent fearfulness (with the odd laughter etc. quite typical). I've read a lot about trauma, dealt with several trauma therapists in connection with a family member.

I believed her. Not blindly, and I have wondered whether she could have fabricated the affect. But anyone smart enough to do that wouldn't have left the holes.

That simple.

Carry on.
Good Grief .... that is really, really scary.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:58 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I find it disturbing that, though there was to be a thorough investigation regarding other witnesses involved with Kavanaugh's background, it was just cut short. There were those wanting to testify about their knowledge of and experiences with, yet were unable to do so.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...mer-classmates
The investigation was solely to investigate the attempted rape allegation, not to find out of he drank in Hi School or college. The others that are upset they weren't contacted wanted to testify that he drank beer, which was of no importance, they all drank beer, big deal...

Old 10-07-2018, 09:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How about just interviewing the two principals and the handful of people that were trying to contact them to give testimony?

Lastly, stop repeating the old lie that her witnesses 'denied it'. "I don't recall" is NOT a denial.

The 2 principals already testified under oath in the Senate. There is nothing else the FBI will get from the 2 principles unless Ford changes her story to the FBI and that would be perjury.

what handful of people that wanted to give testimony? where they at the house in 1982? if they were why didn't Ford mentioned them and where are they sworn testimony under penalty of perjury and jail time that they were at the party and in the room in 1982?

from the press.

• Leland Keyser, told the FBI investigators that Monica McLean, a retired FBI agent and a friend of Ford’s, had urged her to clarify her statement
  • Keyser stated she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh or the party where it took place
  • Aweary-looking Keyser was seen for the first time on Wednesday as a close family member revealed she was completely blindsided by the claim
  • Keyser, 52, whom Ford described as her 'best friend' at Holton-Arms preparatory school in Bethesda, Maryland, was her final hope for corroboration
  • However, the former pro golfer couldn't corroborate Ford's story when she was interviewed by the FBI on Saturday
  • https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...statement.html
She knows nothing about Ford's allegations. That is a denial and witness tampering.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:59 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
I really wish more had come out about Christine Ford's school days. From what I've read, she deleted her personal social media accounts so no one has been able to find out too much. However, I ran across this video on youtube about her high school yearbook and all the steamy stuff in it about their wild parties. It doesn't paint her in a very flattering light. Moreover, that prep school she attended isn't someplace I'd send my children to. Anyway, if anyone wishes to view it, here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ldnK2qLN8

Old 10-07-2018, 10:04 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
The more they squawk and scream, the more these activists' true motive is revealed--and it's all about how Kavanaugh is going to vote.

And no one is going to convince me that it wasn't Ford's motive, too. Yes, Anti-Trump, Democrat donor and [w]ussy hat-wearing activist, Ford. By any means necessary. The Screaming Mimis are still riled up, holding their abortion signs, and vowing that they won't go away. As one spokesmouth sniffed, "Women are not going to lose their right to safe abortions."

It's all about how they think Kavanaugh will vote. And now you know the rest of the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies