Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 08:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Except maybe someone whose expertise is psychology - expertise to the point they are considered an expert in the field. They would be well aware of the affect displayed by victims of trauma (sexual or otherwise) but probably not so aware of all the little non-psychological details that should be associated with the partial alledged traumatic event. I can tell you all about how a traumatized child manifests in a classroom to an expert level but I can only explain how they got traumatized to the level of an intelligent, interested party - in other words, while I could very believably portray a traumatized child (were I not an adult) to the level it would likely fool even other expects, there would be holes if I tried to explain a made up event leading to that traumatization.

I have lots, and do means lots, of issues with her claim. It definitely comes nowhere near the “more likely than not” threshold.
Well said and most likely a correct analysis.
What I found interesting was she could clearly remember she only had ONE beer (to show she wasn't drunk of course) but couldn't remember much else. It looks as though one is adding little disjointed details like that just to make one look more credible. That one little obviously added detail made me look even more critically at the whole tale. One also has to remember she was well coached by a Democrat operative who is an expert at coaching people in these types of proceedings...

Last edited by jimj; 10-08-2018 at 08:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 08:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
How appalling and offensive are some attitudes seen here.

What do you suppose prompted her or what would have benefitted her to bother coming forward, to be publicly viewed, be under scrutiny, being judged, shamed and derided by others, chancing what has occurred for she and her family? Sure, anyone would do that just for fun, right?

I imagine that those being so thoughtless and so far removed from understanding another's experience, will have to face something themselves down the road (or in a future life, if reincarnation exists. Karma).
Putting the obvious aside being that she's a serious left wing loon who's gotten so ramped up in the resist thing that she decided to "do her part" and it backfired badly, I would say that something happened to her at some time, somewhere BUT it most likely wasn't Kavanaugh. Either she confused who/what/when/where in her mind when she kept seeing his picture and thought he looked familiar OR her subconscious mind did it for her.

Do I think SOMETHING happened to her? Highly likely. Do I think Kavanaugh did what she said? Not at this point...

Old 10-08-2018, 08:33 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
What do you suppose prompted her or what would have benefitted her to bother coming forward, to be publicly viewed, be under scrutiny, being judged, shamed and derided by others, chancing what has occurred for she and her family? Sure, anyone would do that just for fun, right?
Fun no. But to be a social justice liberal hero who stopped a conservative SCOTUS nominee, absolutely!

There are plenty of women in this world who've made false accusations against men. We've just seen about 5-6 of them including Ford.

Her story is a farce.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Fun no. But to be a social justice liberal hero who stopped a conservative SCOTUS nominee, absolutely!

There are plenty of women in this world who've made false accusations against men. We've just seen about 5-6 of them including Ford.

Her story is a farce.
With the addition of Bart O'Kavanaugh - the entire SCOTUS is a farce. Any pretense of non-partianship or impartiality that we all pretend the SCOTUS has ~ has disappeared with the tweet of Sarah Sanders assuring us that Bart will rule in favor of Republicans and Trump every time.

Let's just all stop pretending.

Quote:
Congratulations Judge Kavanaugh! Instead of a 6-3 liberal Supreme Court under Hillary Clinton, we now have a 5-4 conservative Supreme Court under President @realDonaldTrump
, cementing a tremendous legacy for the President and a better future for America

Old 10-08-2018, 09:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
With the addition of Bart O'Kavanaugh - the entire SCOTUS is a farce. Any pretense of non-partianship or impartiality that we all pretend the SCOTUS has ~ has disappeared with the tweet of Sarah Sanders assuring us that Bart will rule in favor of Republicans and Trump every time.

Let's just all stop pretending.
Yes, when I think Ruth Bader Ginsburg, she is the face of non-partisanship and impartiality. Please. You and other Democrats aren’t even trying that hard anymore. You love RBG and all of her partisanship and partiality.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:24 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
I wonder what his mom has to say...It would be interesting to hear.

Will she do: he is a good boy, etc. Or call him out on his behavior.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:26 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
If this same scenario had played out with the exception that we replace BK with John Smith, who for 30 years had a stellar employment record with Acme Widget company, who was applying for a promotion within the company.

At the last moment, ladies from his past came foreword with the same, unfounded allegations, it would be virtually impossible to find one person to support the accusers complaints. This is a 100% nothing burger and no rational person would side with the accuser under those circumstances.

It's only after the political aspect is brought into the mix that the accuser is able to get backing. Those believing Mrs Ford have a political agenda and will go to any lengths to prevent a good and well qualified man from attaining the job he has earned and deserves.
The leaders of the Democrat party stated from the beginning that they would go to any lengths to prevent BK, or any qualified person on the list, from being confirmed, and their followers are blindly following along with their completely irrational behavior, even to the point of looking completely foolish, supporting the unsupportable. The party leaders have no honor or morals, their followers are just ignorant sheep.

The democrats must be voted out to restore sanity and honor to America before it's too late.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:27 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I posted several days ago that I thought it would be a good idea for President Trump to nominate Garland to replace Ginsberg if she had to leave the court.

I've changed my mind ..... watching what the Leftists tried to do, watching the Democrats AGREE with this Character Assassination has convinced me that they can't be trusted at all ...... with anything.

I prefer Balance, I always have ..... but the Left has declared War on the President, WAR on the American people who voted for that President and they can't be allowed to get away with that.

This confirmation was the worst I've ever seen and media is saying the same thing. The next will be worse than this one ... because the have indicated they plan on Impeachment the second they regain any power. At some point .... we have to accept that the Leftists have lost their minds and move on - dealing with the Reality we have. No Quarter

I agree, however: we know Ginsberg might sit out until 2020 but she'll retire during a next democratic President for sure even if she has to wait until 2024. I think Garland is less liberal than Ginsberg and a lot less liberal than the others in SCOTUS. It could be a good deal to be made between Ginsberg and the US Senate. Maybe it will even help some healing.

Obviously Ginsberg can drop dead tomorrow, but if she stays alive she'll stay on until there is a Democratic President.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:40 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Gee, I wonder why you cannot contact Mitch McConnell. His contact site is down. Coward.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:42 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Gee, I wonder why you cannot contact Mitch McConnell. His contact site is down. Coward.
Yes, I'm sure he is shaking in fear...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies