Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 01:49 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
It was " put on your big boy pants, shut up and step up " ,
aka privileged men stop being cry babies and do your job.

Much much more civil then whining out in a rage that a female Senator and the Clintons are out to get you.

Why why why would a female Senator and the Clinton s be out to get Brett Kavenaugh ?
Kavanaugh worked on the Starr Commission - you know the folks that went after Clinton over activities involving a little blue dress.

Old 10-08-2018, 01:55 PM

34,076 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't think Ginsberg should have said what she said.
At her age, she likely never hears or knows what she is saying, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 01:58 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,440,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Well #1 I'm not a republican. #2 Dems is the party that can't take self responsibility, it's always someone else's fault.
Well you would make a great current GOP.

Democrats give credit where it is due.

And they will take full credit for ousting him.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:00 PM

13,227 posts, read 21,844,514 times
Quote:
It's blatantly obvious, it's in the news all the time. How can anyone tolerate racism like this? BTW I'm not white and I think this is disgusting.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...verse-mentors/

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11161
A California State University, Fresno professor says the literary community "must DEMAND that white editors resign," saying it is intolerable for them to hold "positions of power."

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11157
In a chapter for a new "Handbook of Race and Arts in Education," a University of North Texas art education professor argues that K-12 teachers should work to combat "geometries of whiteness."

https://www.thecollegefix.com/califo...ple-on-campus/
California university works to reduce number of white people on campus
So you interpret a college wanting to promote diversity among its faculty as "blatantly obvious" racism?

That's the best you can do?

Old 10-08-2018, 02:01 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,289,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So you interpret a college wanting to promote diversity among its faculty as "blatantly obvious" racism?

That's the best you can do?
We need less whites is promoting diversity. Lol.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:05 PM

13,227 posts, read 21,844,514 times
Quote:
We need less whites is promoting diversity. Lol.
Says a student reporter. And somehow this is now a Democrat conspiracy. Hyperbole much?

And when did a college start to represent the Democrat party?

Old 10-08-2018, 02:05 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,279,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Kavanaugh worked on the Starr Commission - you know the folks that went after Clinton over activities involving a little blue dress.

yes! in D.C. this was political payback since the Clintons still control the Democrat party behind the scenes. They wanted to stop and destroy Kavanaugh at any cost since Trump named him.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:11 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
How much he drank? His temperament?

How about this: The man was seeing his life ruined before his eyes over an ugly/unfounded allegation and blew his top.

The drinking: What could he say? If he said he drank too much from time to time when he was younger. That he had blacked-out. Guilty!

The man was in a no win situation. Had someone provided a photo of him back in high school or college drinking next to a beer keg and laughing with his friend he probably would have been toast.

Yet, Ford comes in with little more than an allegation and is presumed to be telling the truth. In fact her entire story is riddled with inconsistency.
There are always partisan justifications for everything but it doesn't change my opinion. The Ds played dirty with timing and leaking the letter. I'm very critical of that for many reasons but I don't believe Ford is part of some mega conspiracy. I believe she's telling her truth, I don't know if it's The truth, but I don't believe it's some big set up on her part. I don't agree that a thorough investigation was done but that's not the issue. I would not have voted against him because of the allegations. My mind was changed to a hard No after his testimony.

I have no problem with emotion, and bringing up his family. A judge can be emotional while standing up and telling the truth if he didn't do it, cry, show some anger, whatever but going on a conspiracy tinged rant about Hillary and Trump in an attempt to rile up, and show the Trump base you are on their side. That wasn't an emotional outburst, that was manipulation, and it wasn't even necessary. He was always going to be confirmed. Even if there were some corraberation of her story, he would still be confirmed. He's been considered a Right hero since this whole thing started.

The lies are the final straw. There are so many, along with the childish, petulant refusal to answer questions, and not only that he turned them into opportunities to brag about himself, Yale (no connections? uh-huh) and the rest of his myriad wonderfulness. I would have respected him if he had just told the truth about partying while younger and not have tried to paint himself as a choir boy. I don't care of he partied in high school, I care about all the lying. The yearbook-spicy foods? flatulence? One would have to be unbelieveably naive' or partisan blind to believe that. Kavanaugh kept saying Ford's story was refuted by all the witnesses, only Judge refuted it. He's a lawyer and judge, he knows the difference. That's not even getting into the old stuff about various nominations. I believe he isn't trustworthy, so obviously, I don't like that he is on the court.

IMO, the SC is in the toilet with the rest of DC. The country is in the toilet. Partisan parroting on both sides are the loudest voices, they drown out everyone else who believes we need to work together and our respresentatives need to work for us, not just the monied interests who donate to them. A little dignity would be nice as well, it would be great to not have a President who is an international embarrassment.

Having the President of the US mock someone who claims to be a rape victim is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. Sadly, it's not even shocking anymore, people laugh. Oh right...Matt Damon mocked the President so it's okay. How could anyone think an actor doing a skit show is comparable to the President of the United States giving a speech. People need to turn off Fox and talk radio, it's destroying brains all across the US. Arguably, the most powerful person in the world. Whether one believes her or not, that was appaling!

I'm horrified for America and sad for young girls growing up here. I'm sad for all young people that our country has no dignity and we are represented by a bunch of greedy liars who only care about themselves. They wouldn't know what public service is. Just enjoy a fortune in benefits and luxury everything provided by PAC money. Post after post is just people rejoicing in the "win!" and posters are constantly thrilled if they feel the other side is upset about something. For many, that's a motivation. This is our country and fellow citizens, that mindset is so destructive.

Last edited by detshen; 10-08-2018 at 03:28 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 02:11 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,440,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Then he should be proud of himself for taking out a lying sexual predator instead of behaving like he is guilty of something that must not be looked at any further.

He had an opportunity to display greater character then the Clintons who fell back on "right wing conspiracy to take out my husband" , said Hillary too many times.....

Instead he spoke and behaved with obstinance toward select Senators.
No one missed that.
And that s suspect of a conspiracy to obstruct those particular Senators.

He is clearly anti Democrat, and Democrats make up more than half the Country. That the country is ruled by the minority should concern everyone. It s not good, friends.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:13 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
It was " put on your big boy pants, shut up and step up " ,
aka privileged men stop being cry babies and do your job.

Much much more civil then whining out in a rage that a female Senator and the Clintons are out to get you.

Why why why would a female Senator and the Clinton s be out to get Brett Kavenaugh ?
IKR? But he's non-partisan. Yay us. SMDH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies