Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 03:27 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,120,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
States killed 262 million innocents in the 20th century.

https://reason.com/archives/2014/05/...ment-and-proud

I was born in the 1970's so they had a head start on me but I managed 0 homicides in that century.

0 this century too. mtl1 has gotta be disappointed in me.
So was I! (1979)

But yeah, Statists just LOVE to throw out hypotheticals about "Strongmen" and "Somalia."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It's common, general knowledge that without law enforcement, comes chaos and violence and the emergence of strongmen and gangs.

Now NW Europeans need less law enforcement than most. My theory is harsh punishment of criminals, avoiding consanguinity of matings and Darwinian survival conditions of old Europe bred much of the criminality out them.
It is NOT common, general knowledge that without law enforcement, comes chaos and violence and the emergence of strongmen and gangs; to the contrary, people are generally able to self-govern peacefully.

How many people did you harm or kill today? None? Well then you self-governed.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Most homicides of Americans was not due to warfare. Illegal drug dealing kills more Americans every year than the Vietnam war did for example. And should no one have fought the communist?
Entrepreneurship via free-market capitalism should in no way be "illegal."

The State prohibiting capitalists from conducting business with paying clients is what causes most of the violence and homicides.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
It is NOT common, general knowledge that without law enforcement, comes chaos and violence and the emergence of strongmen and gangs; to the contrary, people are generally able to self-govern peacefully.

How many people did you harm or kill today? None? Well then you self-governed.
But many people are only self governing because there are consequence from law enforcement. If you took away law enforcement there would be people coming out of the woodwork to steal and harm you or just to lord over you. They'd be pouring across the borders, that you don't want to exist, to do it even.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
But many people are only self governing because there are consequence from law enforcement. If you took away law enforcement there would be people coming out of the woodwork to steal and harm you or just to lord over you. They'd be pouring across the borders, that you don't want to exist, to do it even.
Natural Law and self-defense >>>>> State-run "law enforcement"

Once again, you are relying on conjecture; it's right out of the leftist playbook. I never once said I don't want borders to exist; I said I only believe in private property borders. People wouldn't be pouring over property boundaries if the owners of those properties defended them with deadly force.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Once again, you are relying on conjecture; it's right out of the leftist playbook. I never once said I don't want borders to exist; I said I only believe in private property borders. People wouldn't be pouring over property boundaries if the owners of those properties defended them with deadly force.
Well you know America was first settle by a private venture the Virginia Company, and black people were once considered private property, so I find no comfort with people and just property rights. Those with all the property have all the rights.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Well you know America was first settle by a private venture the Virginia Company, and black people were once considered private property, so I find no comfort with people and just property rights. Those with all the property have all the rights.
Property has to be rightfully attained meaning it has to be previously unclaimed and acquired through homesteading or consensual agreement.

Slaves were forced at gunpoint/violence. The State backed that violence.

The Virginia Company was a corporation chartered by King James I. It was as private as the insurance companies that wrote and forced Obamacare on you.

Property has no more significance than ability, charity, or personal preference in the game of unbridled capitalism. Without the State's monopoly of force the only way to sustain life and prosper is to offer something of value to a consensual customer. Either that or live on your own...nobody will bother you in the name of eminent domain, nuclear testing, or to "stop communism".

Old 10-08-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Trespassers have more rights than rightful property owners under Statism yet the average con/Repub supports the State's monopoly on keeping people off your property.

The irony is overwhelming.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Property has to be rightfully attained meaning it has to be previously unclaimed and acquired through homesteading or consensual agreement.

Slaves were forced at gunpoint/violence. The State backed that violence.

The Virginia Company was a corporation chartered by King James I. It was as private as the insurance companies that wrote and forced Obamacare on you.

Property has no more significance than ability, charity, or personal preference in the game of unbridled capitalism. Without the State's monopoly of force the only way to sustain life and prosper is to offer something of value to a consensual customer. Either that or live on your own...nobody will bother you in the name of eminent domain, nuclear testing, or to "stop communism".
The point is in reality private individuals will be as authoritarian as any government officials and you can't vote them out.

Old 10-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
The point is in reality private individuals will be as authoritarian as any government officials and you can't vote them out.
And put a new master in place?

No thanks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies