Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 05:38 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,393,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
Low end workforce and low end supply chain is just as important as high end's. Mexican labors doing hotel janitor work, farm work etc lower cost of living. That's no less important than Amazon IT jobs.
It's important, of course, but there's no reason for immigrants to be doing any of it. It's an insane scam. Import low-skill immigrants and then claim we need high-skill immigrants to balance it out. And back and forth. Before too long Americans have lost our country.

No.

No immigrants.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:43 PM

20,885 posts, read 9,579,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Deport all non-Christian Indians and 3rd world immigrants
What about all those Christians from Latin America?

I really don't understand Christian objections to immigration from Latin America, if anything, it is helping to keep the US a Christian majority nation.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:53 PM

63,014 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I am just a few hours north of you and every single yardman who has worked on my home over the past 26 years has been a citizen with the exception of one gentleman who planted a tree for me who was bursting with pride that he was getting his citizenship the next day. There are plenty of Americans who wil do yardwork. They just won’t let you pay them a pittance for their hard work. Stop being cheap.

How would anyone know just by looking at someone if they were an American worker or not anyway? These claims that there are jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage is pure BS! It's meant to defend massive legal and illegal immigration into our country to do jobs that Americans supposedly won't do.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:54 PM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
My client is a large US corporation where 95% of the IT workforce in Dallas are from India. The trend of Indians taking over the IT industry has been going on for a long time, but now I notice the same happening in healthcare. The last 5 doctors I have seen are either from India, Pakistan or mid-east. Later today I will see a Syrian doctor. Also, the interns accompanying the doctors are also foreign.

It seems upside down. I would prefer low skilled immigrants do jobs Americans do not want (landscaping, fruit picking, construction etc) and keep the highly skilled / highly paid jobs in American hands.
Are these true immigrants or just H1B1 visa holders?

Old 10-08-2018, 06:20 PM

34,087 posts, read 17,145,875 times
Pass the RAISE Act. That lets in the best and the brightest. In limited quantities.

Old 10-08-2018, 06:30 PM

63,014 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
Low end workforce and low end supply chain is just as important as high end's. Mexican labors doing hotel janitor work, farm work etc lower cost of living. That's no less important than Amazon IT jobs.

Mexican laborers here illegally do not lower the cost of living. Their social costs are over $100 billion a year passed on to the taxpayer by their greedy employers. Many blacks and less educated Americans have always done janitorial work until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border. They lowered the wages for most blue-collared jobs if an American can even get one these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies