Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 03:22 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,620,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What don't people understand about the Police? They go where the crime is and if that is a minority community they can't help that. If the minorities don't like it then they should stop being criminals.

Now of course not all minorities are criminals, percentage wise there are just as many idiots out there that are white but they tend to be spread out more and not congregated in a few neighborhoods.

I think we should ask the good people that live in the high crime areas what they think of stop and frisk.

I know if I lived in a city and there was some loser hanging out all day on the corner selling drugs that I would want the cops to swing by and make his life difficult.

There are not too many racist cops out there despite what the Dems tell us and we need to let the good cops do their jobs to protect the communities they patrol. Stop and Frisk is a tool in their belt, a tool that should make the criminals think twice about carrying drugs and weapons.
I used to think the same way, but have since changed my tune...

Drug laws are unconstitutional, that is important to keep in mind, refusing to comply with drug laws is the appropriate course of action then, so it may sound bizarre, but that street corner drug dealer is actually demonstrating patriotism.

That may not be the reason he is selling drugs and it probably isnt, but he is STILL disobeying an unconstitutional law, that is something I wish more people today would do, so I will take it where I can get it.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:06 PM

1,037 posts, read 436,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
A frisk is not a search.
yes it is.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:21 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,753,215 times
Such hypocrisy from the left. They drone on about curbing gun violence all the time. Here we have a pragmatic solution that can drastically curb gun violence and the left refuses. Why? 1st: What liberals really mean is they want to curb 1% of gun violence, the gun violence against White kids in their suburbs. 2nd: Stop 'n' frisk violates people's constitutional rights. Ok, good, I actually agree with that. What they don't get to do is pretend to care about the constitution when it comes to stop 'n' frisk, a policy that would actually address gun violence, then discard the constitution, calling for the repeal or new limitations on gun ownership rights, which wouldn't even address the problem of gun violence.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:07 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
A frisk is not a search.

No it doesn't as it's not a search.
A frisk is a search. When you are frisking someone, you are searching for something, so don't lie to me.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Desperate times call for desperate measure and last I checked, the inner cities are still dangerous.

Someone has to step up and protect these neighborhoods from the criminals thugs who have taken it over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago
So you agree that many among Trump's support base do not care if the rights of Blacks get violated.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:20 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,421,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
President Trump tells police chiefs to bring back 'stop and frisk' policies

Coupled with strong vagrancy laws and local stockades and industrial reformatories, this would go a long way toward cleaning up our streets -- and in more ways than one.
So basically...

Are there no prisons?

Are there no workhouses?

Old 11-22-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So basically...

Are there no prisons?

Are there no workhouses?
I will put it to you like this. I know the inner city ghettos are dangerous places. One reason I don't go there. However, I will never support stop and frisk. What Trump is basically saying is "because you're neighborhood has crime problems, your constitutional rights should be violated". I also see stop and frisk as having some racial implications. That is how it worked for New York City. It didn't turn up as many violators as many would think. Violate crime was dropping in New York City BEFORE Stop and Frisk started. All it did was turn into minorities being subjected to unreasonable search and seizure.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:12 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,599,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

There is nothing wrong with stop and frisk.
Spoken like a Trump supporter who welcomes the coming dictatorship. Someone who thinks he would always be above any repercussions of that and it would be only the "others" who would suffer.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:25 PM

2,362 posts, read 779,475 times
I bet the white people supporting "stop and frisk" would be complaining the loudest if their loved ones or themselves were being stopped on a regular basis and frisked publicly in a street. Then it would be "my rights", "I'm obviously not the problem, harass those black people over there" etc. I remember those same people complaining because they were frisked as part of TSA procedures. Absolutely disgusting.

Just because someone is - racially, ethnically, religiously, by gender, or any other subcategory - part of a large group that is statistically more likely to commit a crime doesn't mean that person deserves to be harassed!

Do any of you people have any form of honor?

Old 11-22-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Spoken like a Trump supporter who welcomes the coming dictatorship. Someone who thinks he would always be above any repercussions of that and it would be only the "others" who would suffer.
Let's call it what it is. We have a strong undercurrent of tribalism in America. As long as the dictatorship only affects "those people" and not their own, they won't care. This has been a divided nation from day one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies