Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 05:48 PM

29,552 posts, read 14,693,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
During the early years of Hitlers Nazi Germany, if you were wandering around as a Jew and not caged up in the ghetto, you were suspect and demanded to see your paperz.

Later on, of course, they were exterminated.

We see this now where I have seen many, on some forums, say, we need to kill off the homeless and poor.

They are a blight on the landscape and we need a final solution for them.

When asked what should we do about the homeless?

1) The Communist says we should house them.
2) The Capitalist says we should do nothing, you do not work, you do not eat.
3) The Statist says we should kill them.

The homeless in California are following the capitalist recommendation but there are Statists that think we should just kill them off.
Nice story. You failed to notice my statement "in a hood known for drive by shootings", a vehicle slowly driving down the street in the late hours of the night is definitely suspect.
Desperate situations deserve desperate measures. A temporary S&F policy would help clean up the violence in our inner cities. Or we just do what we currently are doing, we see how that is working.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:50 PM

247 posts, read 181,338 times

Old 10-16-2018, 05:56 PM

247 posts, read 181,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Nice story. You failed to notice my statement "in a hood known for drive by shootings", a vehicle slowly driving down the street in the late hours of the night is definitely suspect.
Desperate situations deserve desperate measures. A temporary S&F policy would help clean up the violence in our inner cities. Or we just do what we currently are doing, we see how that is working.

Go ahead with a S&F policy because it will only breed more contempt for the system and further the cause of freedom.

Old 10-18-2018, 01:01 AM

2,309 posts, read 903,859 times
Really? Cops are not running radar with an armored SWAT vehicle. That picture is of SWAT being called to a high risk situation

Old 11-14-2018, 04:05 PM

73,068 posts, read 62,694,503 times
Trump's stance on stop and frisk is a major reason why I don't support him. I don't want stop and frisk. Violation of the 4th Amendment, especially considering that it relies on less than probable cause.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:03 AM

2,309 posts, read 903,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump's stance on stop and frisk is a major reason why I don't support him. I don't want stop and frisk. Violation of the 4th Amendment, especially considering that it relies on less than probable cause.
It isnt a violation as a stop and frisk doesn't require probable cause, only reasonable suspicion.

Old 11-17-2018, 09:33 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,094,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
"Gotta keep those damn blacks in check somehow!" - Trump supporters

Old 11-17-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
It isnt a violation as a stop and frisk doesn't require probable cause, only reasonable suspicion.
Actually, according to Constitutional law, you need to have PROBABLE CAUSE in order to conduct a search and seizure without a warrant.

Fourth Amendment: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Stop and Frisk operates on less than probable cause. For that, it violates one's 4th amendment rights.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Yep. You are right in bringing up the 4th Amendment. And this is what the 4th Amendment says:

Quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Stop and Frisk operates on something less than probable cause. For this, you are right. It violates the 4th amendment.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
"Gotta keep those damn blacks in check somehow!" - Trump supporters
I don't think every Trump supporter is saying that. However, I do think there are some Trump supporters that feel that way. Many see stop and frisk as music to their ears. If stop and frisk was taken nationwide, there might be relative apathy among many Trump supporters.

There are some people who feel that stop and frisk is good for "keeping the Blacks in check". Many know that S&F will disproportionately affect Blacks and Hispanics. The idea being "We don't feel safe with Blacks and Hispanics around, so we need a police state targeting only them". I remember reading a blog called SBPDL(Stuff Black People Don't Like). One blog entry was calling for a a police state targeting specifically Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies