Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 04:41 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times

Advertisements

If an unhinged lunatic comes at you just punch them in the nose and worry about their politics later. They can wipe off the blood with their bandito rags...but before you leave, take a photo of them whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2018, 04:43 PM

2,486 posts, read 827,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Every other economically advanced democracy / representative republic (take your pick) does fine without an electoral college. Also, people are moving to cities anyway due to economic opportunities, not because they think "Hmm, if I move here, then I can better influence the outcome of the election).

People are moving to cities because rural areas are boring. This is why there's a problem with gentrification.

People are moving to CA because of the weather, especially the homeless.

Please tell me me which democracies/representative republics have lasted 250 years (including a civil war) who have basically saved the world twice, who have a thriving economy such as ours.

The very notion of claiming the minority is somehow dictating to the majority is laughable. BTW, the left try to claim gerrymandering is just a Republican thing. Another crock.

Sorry, elections and horrible politicians have consequences.

This place is going to erupt with snowflake tears and even more absurd posts if the left don't get their (way) blue wave. After the Kavenaugh circus, extremists attacking Republicans in restaurants, and the violence, I'd expect a ton of lifelong Dems have been turned off. They'll either not vote at all, or bail to the right.

The next few months should be quite entertaining indeed.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:47 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,392,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Which Democrat law makers have been threatened, harassed, chased out of restaurants lately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Two important points/questions that I've seen come up recently:
1. When in human history has mob rule ever led to anything good?
2. Some guy issued a challenge: "I will pay you $100 if you can name for me any instance of Conservatives shutting down Progressive/Leftist events and speakers on a college campus." Granted, these people were being asked out of the blue, but they had no examples to offer. I am definitely curious to see if anyone can offer a recent example. Does one even exist?
Not a college campus, but the bridge at Selma and many, many such incidents throughout our history. Governor Wallace personally barring the door at the University of Alabama (and,yes, Wallace was a Conservative)
There are several fairly examples of right wing violence...the massacre of fifty people at the gay club in Orlando, Oklahoma City, Dylan Roof killing nine churchgoers, six killed by a shooter at a mosque in Quebec, the rightwingnut who intentionally plowed his car into a crowd at Charlottesville killing a young lady, the assassination attempt on Congresswoman Gifford that resulted in bystander fatalities as well as serious injuries to her, to cite a few. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that some on the right seem to have convinced themselves that violence, hatred, and closedmindedness is son sort of exclusive province of the left. And then I watch a snippet of Fox News...in the face of less then five minutes the commentator...in an excited tone...referred to Democrats as Demoncrats three times (I disagree with most right wing positions so I guess in Fox's view I am a demon...not just a fellow American who loves his country and happens to agree with a large percentage of the views of the Democratic Party, and commented on a policy of the Democratic Party as proving "just how dumb (smirk and heavy emphasis on dumb) Democrats really and truly are (apparently we are all dumbies even though the blue states are by and large overwhelmingly the most innovative ones in the country). This commentator failed to comprehend that more than half of the country disagrees wth her because their are legitimate, intelligent arguments on both side. In her view the disagreement stems from those on the left being dumb and demonic. And people lie her are swaying large segments of our population. I seldom watch Fox so I was shocked by the style of this presentation. It puts me in mind world dictatorship style propaganda. It was a clear and unapologetic appeal to the baser of human nature.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:49 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,379,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

People are moving to CA because of the weather, especially the homeless.

Uh, that's just rubbish that homeless people move to California for the weather.

https://www.politifact.com/californi...nias-homeless/

Old 10-14-2018, 04:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
and you will lose every time.

How many liberals committed mass murder in a church?

How many liberals rammed their car into the crowd with the intent to kill .

How many liberals murder 3 poeple on a train

How many liberals murdered a doctor over a politcal issue, or used a bomb to blow up a clinic

Hell just today Alt right proud boys were caught on video beating a man almost to death .

You are playing the wrong game southeast.

Liberals wear the white hats in this story. the repubs are villains and the data supports what i say. Meanwhile your list is property crime and 1 actual crime of real violence. The right has so many so so many highly violent crime there was one just last night....

So continue to pretend to yourself "the libs are just as bad" but the reality they are not.

Sutherland Springs.... shoots up small church.
Blew up Boston Marathon.
Shot up Vegas
Burned down Ferguson

Old 10-14-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If an unhinged lunatic comes at you just punch them in the nose and worry about their politics later. They can wipe off the blood with their bandito rags...but before you leave, take a photo of them whining.

Unfortunately, a lot of them incite just that response on purpose. It's a tactic right out of the Rules for Radicals. If they can't make a rational argument they'll turn to inciting violence. If you attack them, even in defense, they claim you incited the violence. Since their intent is to beat you, one way or another, you'll probably end up in jail with a pending lawsuit.

This world is being turned on its head by these so-called "tolerant progressive extremists" who have become a nasty (they embrace being nasty) and vile bunch.

Old 10-14-2018, 04:54 PM

23,845 posts, read 12,682,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Republican mobs, when they are not plowing young women down on the street with cars
"women"?
It was one woman, where are you getting all of the other women?
Yes she was struck by a driver from that group (and apparently died because of a heart attack and not from any injuries from being hit). She was sent to stand in the street and to expect to get hit - by antifa. And, antifa used guns to instill fear into that driver and used guns to chase him on to that very street.

Quote:
or Nazi/KKK marching with tiki torches
They were marching peacefully, weren't they? They had been peaceful until antifa showed up and began blocking their entrance into the park, hitting them, macing them, etc.

Is it not the right of every citizen to protest peacefully, even if you disagree with their cause?

Old 10-14-2018, 04:54 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,589,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
It is indeed mob rule and that is the main tactic of the Progs....the danger is the French Revolution. That's the organic trajectory of what the left does: a murderous, thoughtless, savage reign of terror.
You have your historical equivalents all out of whack.

Our founding fathers weren't just "progressive" or "radical." They were revolutionary.

The conservatives of the time were known as loyalists, torries and traitors.

Just an FYI.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:02 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,392,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sutherland Springs.... shoots up small church.
Blew up Boston Marathon.
Shot up Vegas
Burned down Ferguson
Liberals blew up the Boston Marathon? Never heard that one before!...skeptical of this as there are not very many Muslim liberals to begin with and I have never heard of a Moslem liberal terrorist. Moslem terrorists tend to possess hyper-conservative worldviews and extremist religious views.
Shot up Vegas? A liberal did that? The shooter's motives have never been discovered so how are we getting blamed for that.
And the burning of Ferguson...you seriously believe that mainstream liberal support that kind of behavior? Many on the right seem to find it impossible to comprehend that while most liberals support the people who are protesting peacefully while still condemning the violent elements. I don't get why in the view of many on the right it sees to be an all-or-nothing proposition. They almost seem to equate protesting in violence and to view protesting as son sort of sin...even though the Founding Fathersexpressly sanctioned I in the Bill of Rights as one of the foundation stones of a functioning democracy.
Haven't of the church shooting so I wont comment on it. But don't forget Dylan Roof...an extremely conservative nut job killing nine people in a church in Charleston and the killing of the six people in the Quebec mosque.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 10-14-2018 at 05:12 PM..

Old 10-14-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Not a college campus, but the bridge at Selma and many, many such incidents throughout our history. Governor Wallace personally barring the door at the University of Alabama (and,yes, Wallace was a Conservative)

I bet you'd say Clinton is a conservative. It's fairly obviously the truth is meaningless.

Wallace was a Southern Democrat!!! I know the left are being brainwashed to believe that Southern Democrats all became Republicans. EHH, sorry! Only three switched parties: Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms and Mills E. Godwin. All the rest remained racist Dems, like Robert Byrd.

Here's a snippet of a concise article that makes progressive heads explode (facts tend to do that):

When he was running for president in 2000, Vice President Al Gore told the NAACP that his father, Senator Al Gore Sr., had lost his Senate seat because he voted for the Civil Rights Act. Uplifting story — except it’s false. Gore Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act. He lost in 1970 in a race that focused on prayer in public schools, the Vietnam War, and the Supreme Court.

Al Gore’s reframing of the relevant history is the story of the Democratic party in microcosm. The party’s history is pockmarked with racism and terror. The Democrats were the party of slavery, black codes, Jim Crow, and that miserable terrorist excrescence, the Ku Klux Klan. Republicans were the party of Lincoln, Reconstruction, anti-lynching laws, and the civil rights acts of 1875, 1957, 1960, and 1964. Were all Republicans models of rectitude on racial matters? Hardly. Were they a heck of a lot better than the Democrats? Without question.

As recently as 2010, the Senate’s president pro tempore was former Ku Klux Klan Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd (D., W.Va.). Rather than acknowledge their sorry history, modern Democrats have rewritten it.
The Democrats have been sedulously rewriting history for decades.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/...y-mona-charen/

Ignorant people are helping them do exactly that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies