Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 12:29 PM

3,538 posts, read 6,554,169 times

Advertisements

I was reading the recent book Russia Hoax which states the Mueller thing is a waste of time and there was no good legal reason to start it. One of the subchapters is called "Collusion is not a crime."

Question: there were 13 Russian nationals indicted for computer hacking crimes. Does this not mean the Mueller investigation has value?

The whole point of the Mueller thing is not to prove collusion happened. The point is to prove that Donald Trump was involved with collusion, is that right?

Another complaint is that James Comey went easy on Hillary when investigating her email server. If that's true, why was he easy on her? He's a Republican, also. And if he went easy in her, why did he then reopen the case which partly caused her to lose the election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 12:33 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,464,900 times
Holy cow, someone doesn't get out much or use the internet

Old 10-11-2018, 01:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 27,526,875 times
In September 2013, Obama appointed Comey to the position of Director of the FBI where he was responsible for overseeing the FBI's investigation of the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal.

Comey received heavy criticism from Republicans after it was revealed that he had begun drafting an exoneration letter for Clinton before the investigation was complete.

Comey was fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, they were not indicted for hacking.
They called Mueller's bluff and he said ... ... ... ...

Graham continued, "Here's what I think is coming: I think you're going to find a report by Mueller that has absolutely no evidence of collusion between the president and the Russians, and the new line of attack is going to be showcased along the lines in this op-ed piece."

"When you take the op-ed piece ... and you look at the fact that Mueller was willing to accept written answers about collusion, it suggests to me, and I may be wrong, that the Mueller investigation – when it comes to collusion, there's nothing there," Graham said.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-11-2018 at 01:52 PM..

Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,117,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I was reading the recent book Russia Hoax which states the Mueller thing is a waste of time and there was no good legal reason to start it. One of the subchapters is called "Collusion is not a crime."

Question: there were 13 Russian nationals indicted for computer hacking crimes. Does this not mean the Mueller investigation has value?

The whole point of the Mueller thing is not to prove collusion happened. The point is to prove that Donald Trump was involved with collusion, is that right?

Another complaint is that James Comey went easy on Hillary when investigating her email server. If that's true, why was he easy on her? He's a Republican, also. And if he went easy in her, why did he then reopen the case which partly caused her to lose the election?
No, they were not indicted for hacking.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:30 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,155,425 times
It sounds like the book you were reading was very biased. Please note that the author is a Fox employee, not scholar.

Of course the Mueller investigation has value! I'm not sure if the investigation has just one point. I believe Mueller was given wide latitude to pursue wherever the trail goes. If Trump was part of a conspiracy, then he is a criminal. I mean, a criminal again, because he's already been a criminal. But even if Trump was not conspiring, it might show that his presidency is completely illegitimate.

No, Comey did not go easy on Hillary. In fact, many people think he cost her the election! But, as I expected, he found nothing that indicated bad intent.

I hope that helps a little.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:36 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,044,868 times
Last I heard Mueller was closing in and about to nail Trump.But that was months ago.Hey he's making a good living hanging around doing nothing

Old 10-11-2018, 05:37 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,117,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
It sounds like the book you were reading was very biased. Please note that the author is a Fox employee, not scholar.

Of course the Mueller investigation has value! I'm not sure if the investigation has just one point. I believe Mueller was given wide latitude to pursue wherever the trail goes. If Trump was part of a conspiracy, then he is a criminal. I mean, a criminal again, because he's already been a criminal. But even if Trump was not conspiring, it might show that his presidency is completely illegitimate.

No, Comey did not go easy on Hillary. In fact, many people think he cost her the election! But, as I expected, he found nothing that indicated bad intent.

I hope that helps a little.

First, you said Trump was a criminal, what was Trump convicted of?

Second, you said Mueller's investigation has value, will you say that once Mueller reports there was no collusion?

Lastly, you say Comey didn't go easy on Hillary, well all the evidence says otherwise, including only looking at a few thousand of 700K+ emails, then giving Hillary another free pass.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:22 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,155,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
First, you said Trump was a criminal, what was Trump convicted of?
Second, you said Mueller's investigation has value, will you say that once Mueller reports there was no collusion?
Lastly, you say Comey didn't go easy on Hillary, well all the evidence says otherwise, including only looking at a few thousand of 700K+ emails, then giving Hillary another free pass.
Trump has never been officially convicted of anything (yet), but he has engaged in all kinds of activity which people normally would consider criminal, such as his racist policies as a landlord and his fraudulent racket with his so-called university. Actually, when he has refused to pay people for work they've done, I suppose that's criminal, too, except that he does this to people who can't fight back.

Comey is a very highly regarded professional - Republicans loved him, too, until they found out that he's very even-handed, not favoring Trump. So I'm guessing that it was clear to him that there was no evil intent on Hillary's part. By the way, since you sound like you're a Trump supporter, are you similarly concerned that the FBI did such a poor job of interviewing people that might have supporter Christine Blasey Ford's claims?

I am so convinced of Trump's bad actions - you can simply look at his history and see the patterns - that I would find it hard to believe that Trump is lily-white. However, I do trust Mueller, and as I think I said previously, it's perfectly possible that Trump - who we've seen to be ignorant and gullible - was not guilty of collusion, but simply a beneficiary of the conspiracy of others. In other words, it does seem possible that Trump got lucky and acceded to an illegitimate presidency by virtue of Russians preferring him to Hillary.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:43 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,491,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
One of the subchapters is called "Collusion is not a crime."

this is a play on semantics. if/when charges are filed the charge will be "conspiracy" not "collusion".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies