Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 07:58 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times

Advertisements

He handles it probably like I would have handled it. Walk fast and debate the nonsense briefly. AND - have someone recording to shine light on these people.

Video at the link...

ANTI-KAVANAUGH PROTESTER CONFRONTS GOP SENATOR – HE PUSHES BACK

Cassidy: “Why wouldn’t I support Kavanaugh?”

Protester: “Because rapists are bad.”

Cassidy: “Wait a second — everybody there said that it did not happen. So why am I going to–”

Protester: “So you’re going to believe Mark Judge over a woman?”

Cassidy: “No, I’m going to believe her best friend.”

Protester: “Her best friend didn’t say it didn’t happen. Her best friend said she wasn’t told about it.”

Cassidy: “She said she didn’t remember.”

Protester: “So you’re OK as a doctor to harm a woman?”

Cassidy: “Wait a second – are you OK as a person to go ahead and to accept a non-corroborated charge to destroy someone’s life? If it destroyed your life, your son’s life, or your husband’s? Wait a second, answer my question. If it was your husband, your son, your father, whose life has been destroyed by uncorroborated, would you like that?”

Protester: “I would support a full FBI investigation.”

Cassidy: “No, no. Would you like that? An uncorroborated charge, destroying—”

Protester: “I wouldn’t marry somebody that was a drunk.”

Cassidy: “Oh no, wait a second. Uncorroborated. Answer the question. I don’t think you’re able to. Because you know it’s unfair.”

Protester: “I would stand up.”

Cassidy: “You know it’s unfair.”

Protester: “I would fight. And I would make sure women are heard. Clearly you’re OK if a rapist goes on the Supreme Court.”

Cassidy: “No, I’m not. But then on the other hand, clearly you’re OK, the absence of evidence obviously means nothing to you.”

Protester: “No, there is evidence. Look at the standard. How many people are in jail for less?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2018, 08:23 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Protester: “I would fight. And I would make sure women are heard. Clearly you’re OK if a rapist goes on the Supreme Court.”

What I wish he had said after.

Clearly you believe it because you want to believe it. I will await the FBI probe and until then I am going to walk away from unhinged pieces of manure like yourself. Should the FBI corroborate the information, I will act accordingly.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:46 AM

78,440 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I would point out that they'd made up their mind prior to the conclusion of the investigation that they support and ask them if they'll abide by the findings of the investigation.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:20 AM

As soon as she stated she would support a full investigation, I would go into filibuster mode about 1) how he had been investigated 6 times already, and 2) how Feinstein had plenty of time back in July when she first received info about this.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:24 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
They don't have any security on Capitol Hill? How do these people get any work done.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:40 AM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Simple logic will prevail over thier misguided emotions.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:45 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
They don't have any security on Capitol Hill? How do these people get any work done.
sure doesn't seem like it. seems like a disaster waiting to happen if all these buffoons can just stroll about and harass people..

Old 10-03-2018, 09:53 AM

78,440 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Well, these confrontations are meant to generate "gotcha" responses. So in situations like this, it's not hard to imagine how someone might get a pass to get into areas that require such.

You get in there challenge someone on video and hope to get something you can run on MSNBC or FOX depending upon whom the target is and over what topic.

(Again, non-partisan explanation both sides do this)

You'll especially notice that they'll try to target specific individuals that are in close races this fall, which is smart politics.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
That is their work. Those operatives are ultimately paid for by Soros and work for Soros funded "groupthink" tanks.

And the have facilitators among the Dems to get them in place to cause trouble.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:42 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Yet another operative, this time dragging her four kids to the senate halls to use as props. She demands he apologize for ruining her daughter’s lives.

Senator Cassidy responds “...I know your parents are using you as tools.”

“But in the future, if somebody makes an allegation against you, and there’s no proof for it, you will be OK. Thank you.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/12/p...tor-apologize/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies