Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:24 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There was no proof one way or the other because the incident was decades old, people will continue to believe what they want. We will never have an answer.

Women shall be believed.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 02:39 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Brett Kavanaugh put on quite a show with his emotional diatribe. I’m sure Trump loved it. Sad that our Senate is so very partisan. Dr. Ford was very believable. Strange how her questioning was so slanted toward aiding Kavanaugh, that rapist.
Seriously? I found Ford to be totally UNbelievable. Especially the part about her not remembering where the house was that the alleged attempted assault occurred. If anything like that had happened to me in high school, I would have remembered at least the last name of the people who owned the house where that party happened at.

Meanwhile, just last week I talked to a woman who remembered the summer of '64 as being the best summer of her life. And that she and her late best friend of the time had shared the memories of that summer last year. She was 12 years old at the time, and she still loves going over the fun she had back then.

So how can Ford not remember any details about the address and the owners of that house? If anything, it would be logical to remember those facts in order to avoid going back there and getting "triggered" by the bad memories there.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:53 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Seriously? I found Ford to be totally UNbelievable. Especially the part about her not remembering where the house was that the alleged attempted assault occurred. If anything like that had happened to me in high school, I would have remembered at least the last name of the people who owned the house where that party happened at.

Meanwhile, just last week I talked to a woman who remembered the summer of '64 as being the best summer of her life. And that she and her late best friend of the time had shared the memories of that summer last year. She was 12 years old at the time, and she still loves going over the fun she had back then.

So how can Ford not remember any details about the address and the owners of that house? If anything, it would be logical to remember those facts in order to avoid going back there and getting "triggered" by the bad memories there.
Perhaps, at the time of the occurrence she tried to forget that awful, degrading, scary experience. She just wanted to get as far away as possible from that house and Kavanaugh and his laughing friend, and she ran all the way home.

You Kavanaugh supporters want to disbelieve her. Perhaps you never suffered a sexual predator trying to abuse you? Perhaps you have zero sympathy for someone going through such a horrendous experience. Perhaps you wouldn’t have the courage to stick your neck out to right a wrong to save the USA from a pervert serving on the Supreme Court.

So your friend had a great 1964. So what does that have to do with anyone else’s experience of that year? Nothing!

Old 07-14-2019, 03:17 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

Because being assaulted is not likely to be fun...
PTSD results from sexual harassment/assault situations and other acts of violence and psychological trauma
Lucky for your friend she didn’t suffer any...

Old 07-14-2019, 03:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Perhaps, at the time of the occurrence she tried to forget that awful, degrading, scary experience. She just wanted to get as far away as possible from that house and Kavanaugh and his laughing friend, and she ran all the way home.

You Kavanaugh supporters want to disbelieve her. Perhaps you never suffered a sexual predator trying to abuse you? Perhaps you have zero sympathy for someone going through such a horrendous experience. Perhaps you wouldn’t have the courage to stick your neck out to right a wrong to save the USA from a pervert serving on the Supreme Court.

So your friend had a great 1964. So what does that have to do with anyone else’s experience of that year? Nothing!
I believe in "innocent till proven guilty." Everyone on the Left that has ever commented on this have assumed the opposite. Yet Kavanaugh presented his very detailed calendar ...very detailed. Nowhere on that calendar was there any notation about a party he was to attend. Why not? This is what is known as "exculpatory evidence." The Left hate it.

Further, Molly Hemingway (The Federalist) recently wrote a book, "Justice on Trial," where she interviewed girls who knew Christine Blasey Ford from H.S., who said she was very aggressive with boys, much more so than they were. They also said she had a drinking problem.

I have never believed her story. Way too convenient (Clarence Thomas all over again), and the Left have pulled this stunt too many other times. She may have been assaulted at one time (or more), but not by Brett Kavanaugh. I don't think he even knew her; and never met her. This is a nice tool that the Left likes to use against people they want out of office. It's easy. They don't have to prove anything, and the public usually believes them. Sad.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:51 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:

What woman hasn't experienced unwanted male attention? Or had a date where the man was hoping to get "lucky" and she wasn't feeling any romantic vibes? Yes, it's an icky situation, but it's just the human condition. Men and women are just wired differently. Men want sex and women want love, the whole men are from Mars and women are from Venus thing.

And many men and supported from nonsense from romance novels, are under the impression that an unwilling woman might be persuaded into being a willing sex partner if their foreplay techniques are good enough. The whole "try it you'll like it" argument.

So IMO, even if Ford was speaking the truth, an inebriated teen boy with surging hormonal levels trying to get lucky with a teenage Ford is no reason to stop him from becoming a Supreme Court judge many decades later. Immature teens make many mistakes on their way to adulthood. And the human brain doesn't finish developing until the age of 25 years. Hence why car insurance is so expensive for males under the age of 25. AND... there were no female complaints against Kavanaugh as an adult. So clearly he isn't a serial misogynist.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:47 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:

You Kavanaugh supporters want to disbelieve her. Perhaps you never suffered a sexual predator trying to abuse you? Perhaps you have zero sympathy for someone going through such a horrendous experience.
She didn't go through "a horrendous experience". She made it all up. The other accusations against Kavanaugh were far more believable, but you ran with the one that was obviously fake. She was trolling everyone and enjoying the hell out of it. How did you not notice that?

Old 07-14-2019, 11:08 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I believed her story.
But she didn't learn from Anita Hill that you need to document the offenses that happened to you by reporting them by either to the police or in Hill's case to Thomas's superior.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:16 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I believe in "innocent till proven guilty." Everyone on the Left that has ever commented on this have assumed the opposite. Yet Kavanaugh presented his very detailed calendar ...very detailed. Nowhere on that calendar was there any notation about a party he was to attend. Why not? This is what is known as "exculpatory evidence." The Left hate it.

Further, Molly Hemingway (The Federalist) recently wrote a book, "Justice on Trial," where she interviewed girls who knew Christine Blasey Ford from H.S., who said she was very aggressive with boys, much more so than they were. They also said she had a drinking problem.

I have never believed her story. Way too convenient (Clarence Thomas all over again), and the Left have pulled this stunt too many other times. She may have been assaulted at one time (or more), but not by Brett Kavanaugh. I don't think he even knew her; and never met her. This is a nice tool that the Left likes to use against people they want out of office. It's easy. They don't have to prove anything, and the public usually believes them. Sad.
But if it had been Obama wanting a liberal male on the Supreme Court, you would have believed Ford. I quite easily believe the very same can be said of a lot of people on here from the right.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:29 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But if it had been Obama wanting a liberal male on the Supreme Court, you would have believed Ford. I quite easily believe the very same can be said of a lot of people on here from the right.
Well, then I guess that's how it works because Obama separated "families" at "the border", had poor illegal kids in "cages" and deported more than Trump has to date.

But Trump is evil for doing what Obama did.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies