Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 12:50 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“I’m so offended by this person and by the Republicans in general, and how they’ve behaved, and we see it with the Kavanaugh thing going on right now,” De Niro said. “And when I see [Trump], I know what he is, and he knows what he is, because everything he says about other people—you’re a loser, you’re a this, you’re a that—is everything he’s saying about himself. He’s so transparent; he’s projecting.”

“I’ve just never seen anything like it,” Baldwin continued. “And I’ve seen a lot in this world, and the years that I’ve been around, but this is totally surreal, and I felt that I had to say something—whatever I can say, whatever influence I can have, I don’t know. But it’s infuriating, with this guy.”

The Mission Impossible: Fallout star went on to declare his admiration for Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), a prominent anti-Trump Republican who considered voting against Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court. De Niro warned that Republicans helping to push through Trump’s agenda are in fact “making a deal with the devil.”

“I saw Jeff Flake at the Global Citizens thing the other day at Central Park, and I said, ‘You’re an American hero. What you’ve done is heroic,’” he explained. “That’s a guy with feelings. He’s actually conflicted. You can see it with the ladies [who confronted him] in the elevator. And I don’t understand why some of these Republicans aren’t like, ‘I’m out of here.’”
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ith-the-devil/

Why would Republicans be against Trump when he is passing a conservative agenda?

voted for Trump because of what he said he was going to do.

He's doing those things.

What other president does that?

Most presidents promise us things they know they can't deliver.

The Alec Baldwin show?

What studio exec thought that this was a good idea?

Old 10-15-2018, 01:22 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
On ABC, not surprised.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
So?

Why does anyone care what celebrities say?

Says more about the people who care about nonsense , than the celebrity.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:33 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,028,294 times
He's "offended by the way Republicans have behaved with the Kavanaugh thing"?

Lord have mercy they are so out of touch with reality.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:51 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
On ABC, not surprised.
The same network bringing you "The Conners", a program beloved by conservatives and whose former main character apparently dies the death of a drug junkie.
A little something for everyone

Old 10-15-2018, 04:59 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
So?

Why does anyone care what celebrities say?
Agreed. They do tend to get too much attention from the Media however, and have name recognition, so some do put unreasonable credence it what they say. I don't.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ith-the-devil/

Why would Republicans be against Trump when he is passing a conservative agenda?

voted for Trump because of what he said he was going to do.

He's doing those things.

What other president does that?

Most presidents promise us things they know they can't deliver.

The Alec Baldwin show?

What studio exec thought that this was a good idea?
Just a big, huge whine fest. Nothing new.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:24 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Can't believe you didn't mention the most important thing that happened. It bombed in the Nielsen ratings opening night!!

Alec Baldwin bombs in his talk show debut on ABC

And this was WITH Robert Deniro on as his first guest. Just for note, Trump's interview on 60 minutes leveraged over 11 million views the same night. No one's interested in a Trump bash fest anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies