Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 10:53 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,293,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The story is in the video. She was going out to walk her dog and he was coming in. She said he did not use the keypad and first he said he did and then he said it didn't matter and that he lived there. She said to use the keypad and he refused. Then it turned silly but it all could have been avoided if he put in his code.
Yes it could have been. It could have also been avoided if she, like a rational person, had just accepted his claim that he lived there.

Are you telling me you wouldn't be irritated if someone tried to block entry to your home and demanded to see proof you lived there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 10:55 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,176,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I would have walked through and not lay a hand on her. Not assault.

I would have sighed, and keyed in to make her feel happy. It's a simple thing. She wanted to make sure he really lived there.

A good neighbor would have understood where her concern about strangers sneaking into the building was coming from, but victim boy was having none of it.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:55 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,391,495 times
LoL.. it's a blast that her name is Hilary Mueller.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:56 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,248,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
I don't know how anyone who has watched the video can defend this woman, she is very clearly in the wrong. I'm impressed with how calm the man is able to keep himself.
Why is it ok he didn't have to use his code to enter the building, like everyone else?

14,483 posts, read 11,293,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Then she wouldn't have gotten onto an elevator alone with him.
Buy she would have if she were simply a racist?

20,150 posts, read 9,036,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He says he did buzz himself in. She said he didn't.

At this point, who are you going to believe, someone who behaved in a calm manner to a clear injustice, or someone who is so vindictive that she called the police after she watched him use his key to enter his apartment?

No contest.
I've learned recently you always trust women no matter what they say -- Corroboration unnecessary.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:57 AM

365 posts, read 499,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Mob injustice is okay, if her employer joins in? She may well have a great lawsuit to charge her employer with.

All those unanswered questions, and the mob does not care to hear the answers, because "she's a white racist" drowned everything else out.

Why did she confront him for tailgating - because she's a racist!

Why did she even care about apartment security at all - because she's a racist!

Why did she insist he code in before proceeding into the apartment - because she's a racist!

Why did she ask for ID to prove he lived in the building - because she's a racist!

Why did she follow him down the halls and into the elevator - because she's a racist!

Why did she call the police after he went into an apartment - because she's a racist!

Off to the lynching tree for her.
He did not tailgate.

15,713 posts, read 9,536,713 times
Everyone keeps making assumptions about whether he keyed in or not or tailgated. Others say they'd like to see what happened before he started recording. I'm guessing the security system is there and can show us who keys in and when and that there'd be video surveillance on that door as well.

37,981 posts, read 22,176,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawsondude View Post
Yes it could have been. It could have also been avoided if she, like a rational person, had just accepted his claim that he lived there.

Are you telling me you wouldn't be irritated if someone tried to block entry to your home and demanded to see proof you lived there?

I'm sure most everyone would have been irritated. I'd would also have the empathy to understand where her concern was coming from, and taken the 10 seconds out of my time to code in.

What's more irritating, taking the time to code in, or the time and effort it takes to whip out your phone, recording the person whose concerns about basic building security that you are mocking?

Old 10-16-2018, 11:00 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,248,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm sure most everyone would have been irritated. I'd would also have the empathy to understand where her concern was coming from, and taken the 10 seconds out of my time to code in.
It wouldn't even irritate me because I would be glad to have people like her being vigilant about security in my building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies