Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 08:23 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,875,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's what I'm asking. There was something about this guy that caused her to freak out, what was it. Something about him freaked her out, and made her very uncomfortable.
Young African American male in a relatively expensive (by St. Louis standards) apartment building. That's it.

Quote:
I've never been the type of person who leaps to conclusions, and readily joins the lynch mob to convict someone over knee jerk assumptions. I'm sure there are video cameras at the entrance, have we seen them?

I just find it curious that this guy was so quick to whip out his phone and was able to start recording the entire exchange.

We don't know how long they had been arguing prior to him recording. Aside from shaming her on social media, he also likely started recording to protect himself. This lady was obviously off kilter, and he probably wanted a recording of the exchange in part so that she didn't turn around and start accusing him of assault or similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 08:23 AM

78,571 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess this is how men handle conflict now, run like a little girl to social media.
Getting a phone out immediately wasn't a bad move on his part.

Who knows what her next actions might be? Then the cops show up and then who ends up going for a ride in cuffs could turn into his word against the blonde gal.

He handled it pretty well, don't let someone bully\badger you, don't resort to violence.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,126,907 times
Quote:
That's what I'm asking. There was something about this guy that caused her to freak out, what was it. Something about him freaked her out, and made her very uncomfortable.

I've never been the type of person who leaps to conclusions, and readily joins the lynch mob to convict someone over knee jerk assumptions. I'm sure there are video cameras at the entrance, have we seen them?

I just find it curious that this guy was so quick to whip out his phone and was able to start recording the entire exchange.

Easy answer.

1) Young
2) Black
3) Luxury Apartment
4) His presence there

Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,859,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Would you not have entered the building properly?
You mean in a "white way?" Blacks around back?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:26 AM

38,034 posts, read 22,214,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This shows how staggeringly unaware conservatives are. There have been EIGHT conservatives in THIS THREAD who have defended the "one entitled *****'s behavior". So you guys have been doing a good job representing yourselves on this thread without the help of any liberals.

As has been proven over the Kavanaugh circus, some of us believe in innocent until proven guilty. Others have the lynch mob mentality. They refuse to wait for facts or proof, they go with their biased, blissfully ignorant knee jerk assumptions, and they're off to the hanging tree.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,071,908 times
The thing is this folks. Don't mess with the power of black Twitter and black social media wins again. When black folks whip out that iPhone and record what you are doing to them. 100 percent chance the person on the receiving end of being recorded will get fired from your job and pubilically shamed by sjws pro blacks alt right and black conservatives. The gentlemen handed himself well in my book. She should apologize and both parties can move along in peace.

The same way how the pen is mighty than the sword. The iPhone is more mighty than a gun.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:27 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Why doesn't she mind her own business, it's clealy an apartment block where people come and go all the time.

Since when do people take it upon themselves to act as some higher authority over others.

Also of she was so concerned about him why did she get in an elevator with him, as that's the last thing I would have done.
I wondered about that. Is she stupid? Was this staged?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:27 AM

25,858 posts, read 16,565,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Officer! Officer! I saw a black man use his key to enter his own apartment! He makes me uncomfortable! Do something!

I seriously believe she was hoping the cops who showed up would be white and would agree with her that this black man doesn't belong in "her" building, and maybe take him out in handcuffs for having the audacity of believing he should be allowed to live there. Or that they would simply break down the door and shoot him.

Seriously, what other outcomes could she have been hoping for by calling the police after he used his key to enter his own apartment?
I’m not an apartment dweller but I imagine most buildings with long time tenants have people who watch everything and are considered snoopy. A 24 year old is bound to be questioned more often than someone a little older. You want to see it as racial go ahead...and set race relations back just a little more every little conflict like this.

You cannot force people to trust or respect you, that is something that needs to be earned. That is human nature.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,859,299 times
Quote:
Well, for the sake of argument, let's say she is not deranged and she's not a bigot either. What would drive her to think she needed to call the police?

Obviously if she knew that his using a key proved he lived there, so calling the police would have done nothing, except make her look stupid,. She'd even risk being charged with calling in a false report. What reason did she give for doing so, even after he took out a key and unlocked the door to the apartment??
Good thing the man made a video for the entire encounter. Otherwise, who knows what she would have accused him of.

Just curious why the woman is not to be believed when she makes an accusation against a white man (Kavanaugh) but is given the benefit of the doubt beyond reason when she make an accusation against a black man.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 AM

10,537 posts, read 6,181,429 times
Quote:
That's what I'm asking. There was something about this guy that caused her to freak out, what was it? Something about him freaked her out, and made her very uncomfortable.

Think really hard about that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies