Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Easy answer.

1) Young
2) Black
3) Luxury Apartment
4) His presence there

You are assuming this, or you have a video of the exchange where we can see the two of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 08:29 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
She was white alright!
What does that mean?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:30 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
And yet again, the pathetic cons on here show their racism yet again. Just can’t help yourself, can you? No matter what happens, no matter what the black person does or says, you will ALWAYS find fault with them. How sad is your life? So glad I’m not you.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:30 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's what I'm asking. There was something about this guy that caused her to freak out, what was it. Something about him freaked her out, and made her very uncomfortable.

I've never been the type of person who leaps to conclusions, and readily joins the lynch mob to convict someone over knee jerk assumptions. I'm sure there are video cameras at the entrance, have we seen them?

I just find it curious that this guy was so quick to whip out his phone and was able to start recording the entire exchange.
Yes there was, he is black.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Think really hard about that question.

The knee-jerk lynch mob would not bother to think about it. They'd immediately convict her because she is white, and it's off to the hanging tree with her.

She's white, so.... obviously she's a racial bigot, and probably a huge supporter of various white supremacist groups.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
She obviously did not feel in danger. She was just trying to kindly impress on the man the importance of following safety protocol.

She should sue her employer for false accusations of racism and defamation of character. Would a racist person feel comfortable rationally reasoning with a person instead of calling 911 and reporting a suspicious “black” man?
Instead of?? She did call the police and report this man.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Which she was trying to avoid having to do. That’s the point. She was trying to give the guy a break, but as usual, some people prefer to be belligerent instead of following the rule/law.
How was she giving him a break? He lives there. Isn't he entitled to enter his own building and proceed to his own apartment?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes there was, he is black.
And you know this, how? And I suppose he was wearing a clean cut business suit too.

so this is how you saw it play out?:

She met a well dressed black man, as he properly entered the apartment building all on his own.

But since she hates black folks, and thinks black folk should have no place living in her building.... this was her chance to harass one of them.

She did her best to keep the black man out, and show him that his kind were not welcome.

however, his physically menacing presence was enough to make her fear for her safety, so she allowed him entrance.

Once inside the building, she followed him to his apartment, and then called the police, so they could further harass him.

Does that about sum it up, for the lynch mob perspective?.

Last edited by Wapasha; 10-16-2018 at 08:44 AM..

Old 10-16-2018, 08:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
I just find it curious that this guy was so quick to whip out his phone and was able to start recording the entire exchange.
I find it an incredibly smart move to protect yourself when faced with someone who is completely unreasonable. It's no longer a he said/she said situation. Her unreasonable behavior in the face of his calm and reasoned demeanor is what lost her her job. She has no one to blame but herself.

I hope she finds herself unable to afford that luxury apartment any longer. She can stand out on the street and watch him enter and exit unimpeded in the future, while SHE is the one who is locked out. That would be the perfect karmic ending.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:34 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
What's curious about it? He was protecting himself from possible accusations from her. Honestly, in 2018, if you are in this kid of situation and have a camera on you and you don't "whip it out," I find that more curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies