Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 06:32 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times

Advertisements

Fun to watch the right and moderates actually stick up for themselves while poking fun at the left's groupthink at the same time. As a moderate I've come to see what the left represents as dangerous but I look forward to hearing what other people think. I say bring on the memes and if companies start to ban, stop using their services. I apologize in advance for linking to infowars but they have a few good examples listed in the article.

How the 'NPC' Meme Tries to Dehumanise 'SJWs' | Kotaku UK

https://www.infowars.com/new-npc-mem...-fear-in-libs/

“It’s one thing to claim that a person’s strongly-held views are informed by nothing at all, but entirely another to imply that they’re completely on auto-pilot,” wrote Cecilia D’Anastasio. “That is dehumanization, a way of reconceiving your enemies as objects, pawns, strawmen, tools.”

Old 10-16-2018, 07:11 AM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Said it before and I'll say it again - it's 4Chan's world. We are all just living in it.

And the NPC meme fits SJWs perfectly. One trigger event happens anywhere, and their NPC programming takes over. All the same chants, all the same pathfinding algorithm behaviors, everything. They are so perfectly predictable that they have to be operating on preprogrammed instruction sets instead of the independent thought employed by player characters (PCs).

Old 10-16-2018, 07:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Fun to watch the right and moderates actually stick up for themselves while poking fun at the left's groupthink at the same time. As a moderate I've come to see what the left represents as dangerous but I look forward to hearing what other people think. I say bring on the memes and if companies start to ban, stop using their services. I apologize in advance for linking to infowars but they have a few good examples listed in the article.

“It’s one thing to claim that a person’s strongly-held views are informed by nothing at all, but entirely another to imply that they’re completely on auto-pilot,” wrote Cecilia D’Anastasio. “That is dehumanization, a way of reconceiving your enemies as objects, pawns, strawmen, tools.”
Speaking of group think...

Old 10-16-2018, 07:23 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this captures their reaction quite well.
[spoken in monotone robot-speak]
where is the error condition loop?

Old 10-16-2018, 07:35 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Well the SJW's of the Democrat party do seem to march in lock step like they all got the same memo that tells them what to be outraged over on a particular day.

They are part of a collective with a hive mentality which reminds me of the Borg on Star Trek.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:43 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
From the article

“How to tell when someone is an NPC,” wrote anti-SJW alt-right journalist Ian Miles Cheong on Twitter last month. “Logic and facts in an argument do nothing to change their mind and only cause them to just repeat themselves ad infinitum. Like a limited dialogue script that loops on itself in a video game.”

LOL — this is a perfect description of mob democrats and their group think and group chants.

There is a thread here on POC with a video showing some conservatives trying to talk and discuss calmly with mob democrats who just keep chanting and shouting the same group think chants and the leader of them actually forbids them to answer rational questions from the conservatives.

Found the video of democrat NPCs — too funny it soooo backs it up.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCSR2t60_tQ

Last edited by mountainrose; 10-16-2018 at 07:55 AM..

Old 10-16-2018, 07:56 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well the SJW's of the Democrat party do seem to march in lock step like they all got the same memo that tells them what to be outraged over on a particular day.

They are part of a collective with a hive mentality which reminds me of the Borg on Star Trek.
It reminds me of the Nazis in Germany....
(Out to dehumanize anyone that disagrees with their ideology and use violence and harassment to scare us quiet)

Old 10-16-2018, 09:06 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:

Those are awesome and spot on.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:08 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Said it before and I'll say it again - it's 4Chan's world. We are all just living in it.

And the NPC meme fits SJWs perfectly. One trigger event happens anywhere, and their NPC programming takes over. All the same chants, all the same pathfinding algorithm behaviors, everything. They are so perfectly predictable that they have to be operating on preprogrammed instruction sets instead of the independent thought employed by player characters (PCs).
This 100%.

Try to take on 4chan and you'll lose. Every single time.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:25 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:

They are on auto-pilot. I game. NPCs in game are mindless, programmed, group think characters. There is no thought process, no strategy, nothing. They simply throw their defenses or their offenses up without paying attention to what the real player is doing. It totally reminds me of the idiots who go out and protest and yet have no idea what they are protesting. NPCs in game are easy to beat because you can easily predict what they will do. It is far different than PvP where you have no idea what the other player is going to do, because that other player is thinking, strategizing, contemplating actions and reactions....that is not what these protester are, and we have seen enough video that proves it.

And I find it laughable that anyone on the left wants to cry about it "dehumanizing" anyone when they have thrown every name in the book at anyone on the right. They can cry "racist Nazi!" just because someone is on the right, or even on the left but not "left enough" for them, but they get called a programmed video game character and lose their ish.

Shut the hell up, SJWs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies