Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 11:29 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times

Advertisements

The level of public vulgarity and low brow personal insults by the President is mind numbing. Is there any other democratic country in the world that has this kind of clown show going on by the head of state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 11:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

What Trump did was then too. There's no now.
Say what? I don't have time for any existential discussions on my lunch hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
The level of public vulgarity and low brow personal insults by the President is mind numbing. Is there any other democratic country in the world that has this kind of clown show going on by the head of state?
The closest I can think of is that Rob Ford ~ the drug addict, alcoholic in Canada. At least I think it was Canada. Anyway, he was a laughingstock.

And nowhere near aw powerful as Trump.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:33 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
It is worthy of the press it's getting. This isn't normal and if people hear it day after day they start thinking it's normal and okay. It isn't okay, it isn't normal and isn't right. It's as far as a crazy loon can get calling women names and the rest (Gold Star Father, mocking disabled people, etc.). Hiliary calling people deplorables was dead wrong, too.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:35 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:

He is giving it right back to the people who are attacking him first.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:36 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
. . .

The closest I can think of is that Rob Ford ~ the drug addict, alcoholic in Canada. At least I think it was Canada. Anyway, he was a laughingstock.

And nowhere near aw powerful as Trump.
LOL! You must not have been alive during the LBJ years... he and Trump are two peas in a pod.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:36 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I seriously do not think Trump calling SD "horseface" is sexist. He seems to be actually very fair when it comes to his bullying. Everyone is fair game. Not that it is right. Just not sexist.

My 6 year old son asked me if our President was a bully last night. One of his friends parents must have been talking about it while their kids were listening. It was a pretty uncomfortable conversation. I could not lie. I said that yes the President sometimes is a bully and it is not right. I also said that the President also has done good things for people. I really wish the President would refrain from the cheap shots and nasty comments. I also told my son that. I also wish parents would stop talking politics with their young children. Their minds are too young to comprehend the bigger picture. Not to mention, all politicians have said something nasty about a rival at one time or another.
How else should one deal with the vicious mob? Bend over?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:37 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:

Elect a clown expect a circus.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I seriously do not think Trump calling SD "horseface" is sexist. He seems to be actually very fair when it comes to his bullying. Everyone is fair game. Not that it is right. Just not sexist.
And is calling men pigs any different?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
'Horseface,' 'Lowlife,' 'Fat, Ugly': How the President Demeans Women

This may be appropriate, but is it really worth a two-column, top half, and center of page article in the national newspaper of record? The conduct may be unbecoming of a President. This was pointed out in an opinion piece in, of all places, Fox News, Trump calls Stormy Daniels 'Horseface' in a tweet – Why has this kind of insult become the new normal? But it was captioned "Opinion by Leslie Marshall | Fox News."

But was calling a large number of working-class people a "basket of deplorables" any better?

You can but, but, but all you want, however, the big issue here is the mindset and manner in which Donald Trump conducts himself as PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Every other President, prior to Trump, respected the position and kept the dignity of the position. We may not have agreed with everything they did, but they were respectful, had class, and made sure the Presidency was respected by us here, and people abroad.

Donald Trump is a loose cannon, a bull in a china shop. The man is crass, crude, rude, and he has zero class. He has no respect for anything or anyone, except himself, and I suspect, by this very thin skin, that he is very insecure, hence the reason he feels the need to attack others to make himself feel better. Couple that with him not being very bright, and it is a cocktail for disaster.

Those are the real issues.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:43 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

This may be appropriate, but is it really worth a two-column, top half, and center of page article in the national newspaper of record? The conduct may be unbecoming of a President.

But was calling a large number of working-class people a "basket of deplorables" any better?
Hard to say - but the overwhelmingly important point is that Trump is the President of the United States, and represents all of us to the whole world, all the time. I'm not; you're not; and neither was Hillary Clinton when she said that. So absolutely without question this is not only worthy of the column you found - but it justifies unrelenting reporting and repudiation from every level of our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies