Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 08:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I was in Tijuana yesterday. As I crossed the border back into the U.S. I was reminded how fortified the border has become over the last 15 to 20 years (very appropriately I might add). But no, a few hundred migrants trying to bum rush the border (very unsuccessfully) isn't an invasion.
It's not a few hundred, it's quite a few thousand and they aren't trying to rush a singe location, they're trying to overwhelm the ports of entry and the existing border fences in various locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 08:03 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's not a few hundred, it's quite a few thousand and they aren't trying to rush a singe location, they're trying to overwhelm the ports of entry and the existing border fences in various locations.

Plenty of tear gas, no doubt,, to repel any invasion.

Our borders will remain secure, especially fortified by the troops our POTUS wisely sent.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:04 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
538 is a left leaning site, btw.

Some of the smartest people I know don't possess a "formal" education. The have superb common sense and tend to look at the big picture, long term effects of decisions made by people who may be "educated" yet lack the ability to consider opposing POV.

Thanks for further clarifying your view although I disagree with police recruits being referred to as "piglets." They are men and willing willing to put their lives on the line to keep others safe.
All the data on other sites supports the numbers. I only have a 9th grade education. /shrug

It never stopped me from succeeding in business and retiring early.

I understand your stance on piglets. We are a state where making jokes about un PC stuff is common. We make lots of jokes based upon race too. Just none of the races CONUS is used to, AND the joke are out in the open, not snide comments behind people's backs.

But like mkpunk's comments, yours seem to come from a good place, and I respect that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-25-2018, 08:06 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,083,605 times
^^^^
It was a test of the defense. Next time there will be thousands.
When thousands of foreigners are attempting to cross a nations border illegally, what other word other than 'invasion' would you use?

Old 11-25-2018, 08:09 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
It will look something like this soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1mc8LCe0tc

Old 11-25-2018, 08:13 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What fallout is that? Let me guess: you're going to repeat the same old lie that we support amnesty for all illegals. So go ahead, restate the same old tired myth that liberals support all illegal immigrants entering the US without restriction. It just makes you look silly and you can't back it up.
They lie to you asking.. "what caravan" then laugh after being forced to admit it then say "they are so far away".

Last edited by petch751; 11-25-2018 at 08:24 PM..

Old 11-25-2018, 08:13 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,398,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Everything I've read so far has put it in hundreds not thousands. But by all means post a source saying it is in the thousands.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:14 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
This is an invasion of criminals. We have immigration laws. They are not optional.

This invasion will be, and should be, repelled.

Once in their home nation, they may start the process of immigrating to our wonderful nation legally.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Everything I've read so far has put it in hundreds not thousands. But by all means post a source saying it is in the thousands.
I posted a link earlier today to a Mexican newspaper stating there were 13,800 people from Central America in Mexico making their way here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:15 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
https://www.bustle.com/p/the-size-of...order-12634603
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies