Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 10:35 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times

Advertisements

I still don't understand how posters here can defend a large group of illegals coming into our country. Their own countries need fixed or the problem persists. It isn't the problem of the U.S. We need to help our own homeless first. Why aren't Americans and media focusing on that? We cannot absorb more illegals to take our low-wage jobs and social services that's meant for our own citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 11:05 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Default Migrant Mob Progress as of Oct. 30,2018 (c-pics)

Migrant Mob Progress as of Oct. 30,2018 (c-pics)

See attached pictures of XLS file and maps.

Mob has been heading roughly west for days now, which is the route to California or Arizona. The have missed several turnoffs which would take them to Texas, but there will be more turnoffs coming up.

Reports say there are fewer bandits, thieves, kidnappers etc. on the California route than on the Texas route. Plus, with Calif declaring itself a "Sanctuary State", many migrants say it is the more desirable desination, despite it being a longer journey.
Attached Thumbnails
Another caravan on the way. Will it arrive before the midterms? MERGED-migrantmob_xls_30oct2018.jpg   Another caravan on the way. Will it arrive before the midterms? MERGED-migrantmobprogress30oct2018.jpg   Another caravan on the way. Will it arrive before the midterms? MERGED-migrantmobprogress30oct2018a.jpg  

Old 10-31-2018, 12:25 AM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I work in construction, so I know the field very well. Right now there is such a massive shortage of labor in the industry that companies are beginning to get really worried. Any young American white male right now could get a job in construction and make decent money right away. Want to know how many young American White Males I know working in the field of construction...0. Why? because they are soft, fat and lazy. They wouldn't know how to work hard to save their life. The only white people I know who work construction are Eastern Europeans. As for Latinos and Central Americans, they are tough as nails and can handle the heat and the tough work. Something I would wager 95% of the whiny white boys on this board couldn't handle for one day before quitting.
Pure b.s. It doesn't matter what group of people, there's bound to be a few soft and lazy ones. But all of them, nope, not even most of them...and the worst - the know-it-alls, which comes in all colors, shapes and sizes.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:16 AM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
"Nearly three-quarters of those in the caravan of Central American migrants traveling through Mexico to the United States are adult men, a senior Border Patrol official told the Washington Examiner.

Families and unaccompanied children make up "about 20 to 30 percent" of the caravan, according to Roy Villareal, deputy chief patrol agent of the Border Patrol's San Diego Sector.

"The rest of that is single, adult males," Villareal said during a recent tour of the region."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...order-official

The article also said that single parent families and kids would not be prosecuted for entering our country illegally.

And, the article also said that each person in the caravan would have to have up to $9,000 to pay the coyotes .. and the migrants, and the left, says that they, the migrants, are poor. One single mother with two kids = up to $27,000. Darn, they are almost rich, certainly richer than our poor. I doubt our own poor would have enough left over each month to save $9k per person. wtf

Old 10-31-2018, 02:07 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
I work in construction, so I know the field very well. Right now there is such a massive shortage of labor in the industry that companies are beginning to get really worried. Any young American white male right now could get a job in construction and make decent money right away. Want to know how many young American White Males I know working in the field of construction...0. Why? because they are soft, fat and lazy. They wouldn't know how to work hard to save their life. The only white people I know who work construction are Eastern Europeans. As for Latinos and Central Americans, they are tough as nails and can handle the heat and the tough work. Something I would wager 95% of the whiny white boys on this board couldn't handle for one day before quitting.
You certainly have some bigoted assumptions. Is the above^^^^an excuse for you to hire cheap, exploitable, illegal labor?

As for construction --- Are there local vo-tech programs that train students in the construction trades?

What do you consider to be "decent money"? Would it be enough to survive during a slowdown? Would it be enough to have a family live on one income?

Has it ever occurred to you that Americans have seen how illegals have come along and displaced them? Don't you think that a young person who is thinking about entering the construction trades would be worried about losing out to an illegal? For example, someone may want to start their own business. This person is honest and pays his/her taxes and insurance. With all the illegals around, they now have to worry about being outbid by a sleazebag contractor who hires illegals and pays them under the table.

You want American citizens who are qualified? Then you know darn well that you have to offer a good wage plus safe working conditions.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:10 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I still don't understand how posters here can defend a large group of illegals coming into our country. Their own countries need fixed or the problem persists. It isn't the problem of the U.S. We need to help our own homeless first. Why aren't Americans and media focusing on that? We cannot absorb more illegals to take our low-wage jobs and social services that's meant for our own citizens.
Tell the Republicans. They summoned them.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:55 AM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Tell the Republicans. They summoned them.
^^^^This is delusional. Why are you lying?

Once again, it's a far left wing group that is organizing these caravans:

Home

Old 10-31-2018, 05:39 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^This is delusional. Why are you lying?

Once again, it's a far left wing group that is organizing these caravans:

Home
Sure the far left organized the caravan just before the election so Trump and the GOP could use it as a tool in the midterms, makes sense.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:05 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,993 times
I cannot believe the hysteria on this issue. These people are seeking asylum, as people are entitled to do under our laws.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:23 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
FAkE NeWz!!! It's a false flag operation, with a bunch of crisis actors hired by the Mercers to march northward, just in time for the midterm elections to help President P*ssygrabber rile up the deplorables
to vote R next Tuesday.

Come on, man! The timing is just too perfect. It's obviously the radical right pushing their agenda.

Wake up, sheeple!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies