Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 05:10 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Ok, when I have the time I'll do a little forum history search.

Ah, so now I have a stalker. Of course you'll consider making truthful statements about the actions of Obama that are already established as the facts, as bashing. For example, he implemented an EO giving millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation while bypassing congress which was unconstitutional and myself pointing that out would be "bashing" according to you. Facts aren't bashing they are the truth. I never made negative remarks about his appearance or exaggerated anything about him. I rarely even started a topic about him unlike you and yours that start new Trump bashing topics every day in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 05:32 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ah, so now I have a stalker. Of course you'll consider making truthful statements about the actions of Obama that are already established as the facts, as bashing. For example, he implemented an EO giving millions of illegal aliens a stay of deportation while bypassing congress which was unconstitutional and myself pointing that out would be "bashing" according to you. Facts aren't bashing they are the truth. I never made negative remarks about his appearance or exaggerated anything about him. I rarely even started a topic about him unlike you and yours that start new Trump bashing topics every day in here.
If you hate these bashing Trump threads, and they seems to really get under your skin, then why participate in them. I mean, you are going to have a stroke over others opinion about somebody you revere, and others don't feel the same. Trump doesn't even try to meet people half way, and does nothing about the division in this country, he just adds to it. You can't be getting all mad and upset because, others don't see the love you have for this man. I want to see my president act like a president, the most powerful man, and not like a junk yard hound. The daily fights, bad nasty attitude, disrespectful to others, the dog whistles, the lies, the pettiness. I mean the list is long for me. I don't like his combative style, and always on the attack. The American people have rejected that part1 2018, with part2 to come in 2020.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:41 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
If you hate these bashing Trump threads, and they seems to really get under your skin, then why participate in them. I mean, you are going to have a stroke over others opinion about somebody you revere, and others don't feel the same. Trump doesn't even try to meet people half way, and does nothing about the division in this country, he just adds to it. You can't be getting all mad and upset because, others don't see the love you have for this man. I want to see my president act like a president, the most powerful man, and not like a junk yard hound. The daily fights, bad nasty attitude, disrespectful to others, the dog whistles, the lies, the pettiness. I mean the list is long for me. I don't like his combative style, and always on the attack. The American people have rejected that part1 2018, with part2 to come in 2020.

No, he's being bashed unfairly and the stuff you and yours are claiming about him simply aren't true! You don't even try to give him credit for the good things he has done. Just bash, bash, bash all day long in here. You're right I don't have to read your hate filled, untruthful posts anymore. Buh, bye off to my ignore list you go.

Old 11-16-2018, 06:38 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Now there are reported clashes between Tijuana’s residents and the caravan.

Clashes reported between migrants and people who live in Tijuana - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel 8

Old 11-16-2018, 07:15 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Well, Tijuana also took in a whole lot of Haitians back when they had their major catastrophe. They were kept out of the USA, I think it was in the spring of 2016. I don't know how many more people they can absorb. However, the Mexican government has stated that there will be jobs for these caravan people if they decide to stay. And there will be jobs for Mexican citizens too. So they say.

Is this the new Mexican president who is making this offer? And wouldn't it be great if these caravan people who take him up on the offer and just stay in Mexico! They already speak the language, the culture and food must be similar, and if there really are jobs for them, why do they have to come here?

Old 11-16-2018, 07:46 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Well, Tijuana also took in a whole lot of Haitians back when they had their major catastrophe. They were kept out of the USA, I think it was in the spring of 2016. I don't know how many more people they can absorb. However, the Mexican government has stated that there will be jobs for these caravan people if they decide to stay. And there will be jobs for Mexican citizens too. So they say.

Is this the new Mexican president who is making this offer? And wouldn't it be great if these caravan people who take him up on the offer and just stay in Mexico! They already speak the language, the culture and food must be similar, and if there really are jobs for them, why do they have to come here?
They want to come to the US because the freebies here are better than in Mexico.

I saw an interview with one man in the caravan who said he doesn't want to stay in Mexico because the salaries are higher in the US. What he doesn't get is that he still will be poor if he came here.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:07 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You're right - I despised Obama - as I despised Hillary - but the trash talk about Obama was because he did some pretty dumb things - Apologize for America, You can keep your Doctor, Trevon could have been my son, letting the looting and violence occur in Ferguson. Despite not voting for him - I really wanted to see this hope and change he talked about - but it never happened and has alienated me from a party I've been a member of for over 40 yrs. When you're own political party turns to sh*t because of some of the policies and politicians that are in it now - you get a little upset.

You can not like Trump - but I've seen more good things come out of his first 18 months than I did out of 8 yrs of the Obama administration. Bring back someone with the courage and fortitude of Kennedy and I may just vote for them next time.
Exactly how I feel.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:45 AM

23,615 posts, read 12,543,921 times
And the Trump haters are being proven wrong, again. 'They won't be here for months' , 'all they want is amnesty', 'blah, blah, blah'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mexico cannot afford to support these people and neither can we..

https://www.desertsun.com/story/news...co/2009755002/

Rueda Gómez said it will cost about $4 million to care for the migrants for two months, including providing food and medical care. He said the state government can only afford to fund this work for 10 days at the most, so he has asked the federal government for support.
How many of the pro-caravan people on here are opening their wallets to support them?

Quote:
You mean like how you and your side did Obama, yeah that's it.
You're admitting to revenge posting then?

Old 11-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
These economic leaches arent welcome anywhere but liberals homes, but I think libs are all mouth.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:45 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Someone on here said that all we need to do is put concertina wire on the top of the fences, problem solved.

Except no:

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/st...54002242043905

We need a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies