Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 05:53 PM

2,486 posts, read 826,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It's not only the crimes they commit but the burden that they put on the police and court systems, hospitals, school systems, welfare systems and ultimately the taxpayers.

Let's say that 2000 people in the caravan make it to the US and are allowed in due to the weak asylum standards, it is just a matter of statistics that out of the 2000 there will be a great many that are looking for a better life where they can work and not fear gangs but there will also be a percentage of criminals that will continue their craft of drug trade, robbery, rape and murder.

Why are we taking a chance with this. I think the problem with the Dems is that their hearts are too big and their brains are too small that they fail to see the societal issues with welcoming in potential criminals.

The same could be asked of the travel pause from terrorist countries. We will never know if that stopped a terrorist from entering and doing his evil but if we would certainly know if he succeeded.

Why are the Dems so willing to take the risk ?
For votes and power. They know that the subsequent generations these people bare will almost assuredly vote Democrat.

The more I think about that term the more I can see it's just another misdirection. The Democrat party has become the least democratic party in history and they certainly do not abide by the Constitution at all.

They will make fantastic law abiding citizens!

right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 05:57 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Trump wins on this one.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...13864244219904

Old 10-19-2018, 05:58 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
For votes and power. They know that the subsequent generations these people bare will almost assuredly vote Democrat.

The more I think about that term the more I can see it's just another misdirection. The Democrat party has become the least democratic party in history and they certainly do not abide by the Constitution at all.

They will make fantastic law abiding citizens!

right?
I am not surprised at the folks that make up this stuff -- but I'm dumbfounded by the folks who choose to buy into it and repeat it.

If that was the case -- why in goodness gracious do we have Trump in office NOW.

The worst candidate the Republicans have offered up in years and he won.

There is no logic, no rational though process in any of these ridiculous conservative rants

Old 10-19-2018, 06:08 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Republicans win on this issue.

https://twitter.com/USANEWS007/statu...48021444866048

Old 10-19-2018, 07:02 PM

3,858 posts, read 1,794,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
These people don't deserve to be in our country.
They all better be sent back to where they came from.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:06 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is another large caravan of people numbering in the thousands that are marching their way from Honduras to the American border.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/16/ameri...van/index.html

Trump has already issued a statement to the Gov. of Honduras and others that if they do not stop the caravan then they will face loss of further funding.

Trump wrote. "We have today informed the countries of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador that if they allow their citizens, or others, to journey through their borders and up to the United States, with the intention of entering our country illegally, all payments made to them will STOP (END)!"

My question is who is funding these caravans? How can 1500 people walk thousands of miles with small children? What do they drink, eat, where do they go the bathroom? Are there buses to shuttle them along?

Imagine the mess they would leave if they were to march down your street?

Why are they leaving their country in the first place? Who is encouraging them? Who is organizing them? Who is paying for their supplies?

Politically speaking I have a feeling that this group will be reaching America the day before the mid terms and how they are handled (the Dems) are hoping poorly ie. splitting up families again and this mess will be fresh on the minds of voters as they head to the polls.

What a mess.
Many are trying to escape poverty, violence and the effects of climate change. Also illegal immigration is much lower now than in the early 2000s according to this article:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rossing-latest

And if your questions are a backdoor way of saying it's the Dems, we ain't buying it. Quit listening to Trump.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:13 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
What is most interesting is the user comments at the bottom of the article and the fact that many are from outside the U.S.A and that many international comments don't believe they should be let in under a open border policy.
Well yeah, look how they just disrespected Mexico's southern border. They were pouring over those barricades like invaders. Mexico had to use tear gas. I wouldn't blame them if they used rubber bullets. This is a bad situation.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:20 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I am not surprised at the folks that make up this stuff -- but I'm dumbfounded by the folks who choose to buy into it and repeat it.

If that was the case -- why in goodness gracious do we have Trump in office NOW.

The worst candidate the Republicans have offered up in years and he won.

There is no logic, no rational though process in any of these ridiculous conservative rants
ah yet another attempt to gaslight anyone who didn't vote for Hillary.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:27 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,887,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I would not be surprised at all to find these groups are funded by right wing special interest groups. There is no better way to fire up the GOP base than the fear of a caravan of brown people headed their way. I expect this will be in the news a ton the next month or so.
DNC: Foreign and migrant brown people good. White native people bad .

Old 10-20-2018, 12:33 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,284,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Many are trying to escape poverty, violence and the effects of climate change. Also illegal immigration is much lower now than in the early 2000s according to this article:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rossing-latest

And if your questions are a backdoor way of saying it's the Dems, we ain't buying it. Quit listening to Trump.
You didn’t answer his very pertinent questions. Who is supporting these people? This group is not self sustaining. They are not self organized. They certainly are dresses better than many of our own homeless, including vets. So just try to be intellectually honest for once. How are they doing it? Where is the money coming from? Why are they being organized and funded? Cmon, you can do it. Just fight the leftist brainwashing and think for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies