Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 01:58 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,597,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Democrats and the Party Platform and the Voter Base, DOES NOT have a mentality of "savagery" !!!! They support Civility and its respect of Humanity, and Equality Among the people!!! as domestic human beings, and foreign human beings.

Republican's and Trump can't make the claim they support the same.

It is quite typical that Right Winger would have issue with that, as they continue to demonstrate their mentality by their adherence to the vile and madness that Trump promotes, as well as they salivate at the thought of Immigrants being shot at, because the nature of Savagery is and does cater to belligerence, arrogance, and malice by any means, to serve their selfishness and self consumption.

No one is advocating for mass immigration, but we do have an Asylum Program and have had it for many many decades, and we have processes for immigration. To take a posture of full circle denial.. is not the answer... each person is an independent case, and should be handled just as such.

But any thought of standing on the Border Shooting at people, is about of the level of Savagery that was enacted upon and against the America Indians, and that was done upon land that belonged to the American Indians...

If any of the people are killed, the U.N. and the world will denote it as America the villain, because they already know what we did in the Middle East. The diplomacy has already been damaged by Trump.... and fact is known globally, that America can't win any wars, and any use of WMD's is futile and damages everything and everybody... the sad part is when people are driven by "savagery" they don't think beyond being driven by Savagery.... and thus they become even more dangerous because they are of motivations and mindset of savagery.

If he wanted to do anything, Trump had two years to set up means to improve screening and processing Asylum Seekers, as well as those who seek to immigrate. He has not tried to do anything to create a fair system, all he has promoted is a concept of bias and prejudices... in his concept about and of Foreign Nations and their people, who are not of white skin, and he is with no regard or thought of people as "individuals"...

These are the ways of Savagery.... that who support such madness also support the premise and acts of savagery.

Well said, Chance. I thought an amazing number of high school seniors didn't grow up beyond junior high. It seems an amazing number of 25 and overs likewise have yet to do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 02:09 PM

42,843 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
1. That’s not what he said.

2. If I go throw rocks at the authorities I expect to be shot. As an American citizen. Why should illegal non citizens not expect the same?
uh uh this is what he said and you can watch the video if you don't believe me

Quote:
Asked if he envisions US troops firing on anyone in the groups of migrants, Trump told reporters at the White House: "I hope not. I hope not -- but it's the military." "I hope there won't be that," Trump said, but added that anybody throwing rocks or stones at the military service members will be considered to be using a firearm, "because there's not much difference when you get hit in the face with a rock."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/01/polit...lum/index.html
But today he walked it back lolol

Quote:
Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said the migrants would be arrested and not fired upon by troops. “They won’t have to fire. What I don’t want is I don’t want these people throwing rocks,” Trump said before leaving for campaign rallies in West Virginia and Indiana. https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-fired-upon-at
That lasted about as long as the promise of a 10% tax cut for the middle class

Old 11-02-2018, 02:13 PM

57,258 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
OK ..... you are talking about the same "refugee ban" that the US Supreme Court affirmed he had the right to enforce ...... Correct???

Since you ignored my previous question about UN Rules on Refugees that refuse Asylum...
we can assume you don't choose to answer that question.

It's OK, many people can't admit mistakes, or that they just don't know what they are talking about.
Nothing to be ashamed of. I do often wonder why some people never consider "what if I'm wrong??"

I wonder that a lot myself - I prefer to not be "wrong", I prefer to know what's going on for myself and not be a vessel that is filled by some email or media - But that's just me.
-- it's why I do so much research and post so many LINKS.
Always searching for knowledge - when we stop learning, we atrophy
..... lot of that going around.
I think you are claiming that Mexico offered them asylum, I see where they offered work visas but not asylum.

Yes Trump had a knee jerk reaction to the refugee ban and ended up creating havoc with those already in transit including Iraqi soldiers that were ready yo come to the US and were in danger. Yes the supreme court agreed in the end as I expected. He certainly has the authority but this is way over the top, people are attempting to rationalize sending soldiers to the border.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/29/66167...outhern-mexico

Old 11-02-2018, 02:27 PM

3,833 posts, read 1,783,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
If shots are fired, gonna be a bad look for this president..
Really hope nothing happens.
Well the way I see it is, it will only look bad on the illegals for trying to force their way illegally into our country and using violence to do it. Nobody is rooting for our military to engage in weapons being fired unless, the illegals start throwing rocks or becoming violent , then they have every right to defend themselves and this country.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:35 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,063 times
How dare President Trump attempt to turn off the spigot of cheap labor for Democrat elites and protect American workers! Who in the world does he think he is, an American or something? People need their toilets cleaned, their fruit picked and their roofs put on for pennies on the dollar. Yes, perhaps American workers suffer, but that is just too bad.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:36 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think you are claiming that Mexico offered them asylum, I see where they offered work visas but not asylum.

Yes Trump had a knee jerk reaction to the refugee ban and ended up creating havoc with those already in transit including Iraqi soldiers that were ready yo come to the US and were in danger. Yes the supreme court agreed in the end as I expected. He certainly has the authority but this is way over the top, people are attempting to rationalize sending soldiers to the border.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/29/66167...outhern-mexico
Mexico has offered temporary identification papers and jobs to migrants who register for asylum in the country, stepping up efforts to halt the advance of a US-bound caravan that has angered Washington.

The Mexican president, Enrique Peña Nieto, said that migrants wishing to obtain temporary identification documents, jobs or education for their children could do so by registering for asylum in southern Mexico.

“This plan is only for those who comply with Mexican laws, and it’s a first step towards a permanent solution for those who are granted refugee status in Mexico,” Peña Nieto said in a pre-recorded address broadcast on Friday.

To qualify for the scheme he called “Estas en Tu Casa” (“Make Yourself at Home”) migrants had to be in the southern states of Chiapas and Oaxaca, the president said.

Mexico offers temporary permits to caravan migrants seeking asylum |UK Guardian

Point is ....... they could have stayed in Mexico, they were promised Jobs and they could register for asylum and they didn't want that. The deal for those supposedly demanding asylum is NOT that they can travel from Nation to Nation as an invading mob looking for the "best deal".

Once they leave Mexico and turn down the offers in Mexico (keep in mind that Mexico called in the Red Cross and UN to aid in the offers) ...... then the situation becomes very different.
They don't want "asylum", they don't even know what that word means -- they want the USA and the Organization that gathered them up (now 4 groups) has no interest in the People - the interest is in getting them to the USA.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:45 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,798,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Trump says rocks will be considered firearms. Bye bye caravan.
And as usual he's an idiot. Today he says he didn't say it. You could get whiplash from his rhetoric. Such a gaslighter.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
if they rush the gates or start getting violent i have no problem with shooting them.
And fortunately, you aren't the one in charge. The idiot-in-chief finally recanted what he said yesterday about shooting them.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why aren’t they suing their so-called oppressors in their own country?
Because all of their wealth is tied up in trying to come to this country. Geez. How in the hell can they sue anybody when they're destitute?

Old 11-02-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
11/2/2018

Trump rescinds order to shoot Caravan people who throw rocks attempting to enter US.
Of course he does. The military aren't about to shoot unarmed civilians if they have any sense. Trump just runs his mouth because his base laps it up. No matter that he lies like a rug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies