Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 07:17 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump has created this problem and now cannot figure out how to fix it.

Our country starting to look like 3rd world nation. All because Trump is a bigot.
and your a trader to your won country if you allow this and think it's ok, when there are people living here who worked hard to gain citizenship...learned the language....

tell you what, how bout we send them all over to your house, and you can take care of them feed them and provide financial care for them.

no one but no one is a bigot for wanting them to properly enter the country legally...are you insane...how much of this do you actually think our economy can take, oh that's right you don't care, nor do you even realize where the money is coming from to take care of them. did you ever stop and think in all these years, who is paying for them? No of course not....and yet, our military men are living in the streets....makes a lot of sense....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 07:18 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What kind of president sends his troops to bully small children with tear gas? And this could be a major turning-point in Trump's pretense at being a chief executive.

It's certainly a turning point in your pretense to be in support of America.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This could be the turning point of Trump's presidency. This is his ugliest blunder since taking office.

The children had no say so in the matter. They didnt choose to be there. And they got gassed.

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/sta...64552653070336
First of all, blame the parents for NOT following procedure.

Secondly, fake photo!

She isn't holding her eyes and mom has her hands full, so she's not holding her eyes either. You REALLY think they were gassed??

I have this bridge I'm trying to sell....

Old 11-26-2018, 07:21 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What kind of morons attempts to bum rush a border lined with troops. They charged not the BP. They think they don't have to wait to come in. Wrong answer.

What do they think is waiting for them? A free house and food like they are getting in TJ? Nope, they will be instantly on our homeless count.
Criminals...that's what kind of people...what kind of parents bring their children into this...and then cry when the children are taken away from them....oh boo hoo....and yet, they know it's illegal....

yes, I saw one woman and many of them do this, who get food with their food stamps and then re-sell the food....sheesh...American's are really stupid.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump has created this problem and now cannot figure out how to fix it.

Our country starting to look like 3rd world nation. All because Trump is a bigot.

That's so silly. So immigration has only been a problem for the past two years? Trump did NOT create this problem but he IS in the process of fixing it. If our country is starting to look like a 3rd World nation it's because of all the illegals bringing their 3rd World culture and values here.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Not only that, but I've learned thru FB, that they can post any picture they want off the internet....to push their agenda.....

Yes, I remember earlier this year when they were caught faking photos of kids separated from parents, when busted they claimed it was ok because it was symbolic and represented what was happening.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:33 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What kind of president sends his troops to bully small children with tear gas? And this could be a major turning-point in Trump's pretense at being a chief executive.

What kind of people would allow an invading force to just walk through the border?

There is a right way and a wrong way to immigrate to America and forming up a mob to bum rush and overwhelm the border security is not the right way. There are some countries in this world that would have met the mob with far harsher means than tear gas and if any of them did get through they would have been imprisoned at best and possibly killed.

If this "caravan of migrants" is allowed in then what is to discourage the next wave and the next ?

We are lucky that we have a President that understands the problems a mob like this poses for America and the Left paints him as the bad guy ?

Old 11-26-2018, 08:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
This could be the turning point of Trump's presidency. This is his ugliest blunder since taking office.

The children had no say so in the matter. They didnt choose to be there. And they got gassed.
And this guy got shot "during Obama's presidency). But you won't hear about that from liberal media.

The DOJ conducted an investigation into the shooting, which occurred while smugglers attempting an illegal border crossing hurled rocks from close range at a CBP agent who was attempting to detain a suspect.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/feder...nandez-guereca

Old 11-26-2018, 08:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:

Leftist organizers are using the migrants themselves as pawns They sent women and children as shock troops to storm the U.S. border, so as to make any U.S. response to border-storming appear 'heartless.'

It's all part of their propaganda warfare, and if they put women and kids in danger, well, from their perspective, it's just the cost of doing business. They're all expendable.

NeutralParty, they knew there are people like you who ignore the dangers the organizers put them through and allow yourself to be played.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:31 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
This caravan nonsense really getting out of hand and I have to give Trump credit for having the military in place. This gaggle of "migrants" did not find what they expected to on arrival at the border and can't accept the fact that they can't just walk in and start collecting benefits as if they are citizens. I grow very weary of hearing Hollywood and the leftist elite yammering about "humanity and compassion" and drivel along those lines about this situation.

Portraying ICE agents as goose stepping stormtroopers, chittering that not letting this throng of rodentia in is all racism, and how these are all "just innocent people looking for a better life. Early on seeing the footage of Central American national flags flying ahead of this caravans advance set my teeth on edge and clips of their behavior since arriving at the border just have my blood boiling.

Pregnant women smiling and patting their bellies, issuing demands that the border be opened to let this invasion in, now they are building into a violent mass assault that may easily require an armed response from our security forces. A response I will add I have no issue with. I just cannot wrap my head around these hand wringing leftists here that feel we have some sort of obligation to these people. We don't and my heartstrings remain unmoved for them.

The recent episode of Murphy Brown was sure a doozy and really shows just exactly where the leftist elite and Hollywood stand on our nations sovereignty. And here I thought Jane Fonda during Viet Nam would never be topped. Now each day has us seeing worse from Hollywood and the leftists. Their mindset just has me plumb flummoxed.

How it is they feel these caravans just somehow deserve our unflinching welcome is pure insanity. I have to wonder if these "migrants" were to smash the gates and flood into the neighborhoods occupied by the leftist elite burning and looting if these bleeding heart morons would not be yowling for the government to "do something." Like send in the military. Maybe we should just seal the interstate borders with CA and let Hollywood and all the stooges like them deal with this issue themselves. Of course I really would not enjoy seeing one of our states ceded to illegal alien invaders as some new nation (even CA) but I suppose it would teach these leftist loons that are in control within the state an enduring lesson.

As Honduran, Guatemalan and El Salvadoran flags hoist up over the mansions occupied by celebrities and wacko leftist politicians I'm thinking attitudes would suddenly change. As these idiots armed security and gated houses and communities are over run the "migrants" would suddenly become a bit less innocent in leftist eyes. These morons would see things a bit differently when they actually have to come face to face with this human tidal wave. I guess it would be OK if we just sealed everything from San Fran South off and just let the invaders have Hollywood, the 9th circuit court and all the other open border idiots fall under new jurisdiction. Of course that new government would be headed up by the cartels and the surrendered territory would soon be an armed and vicious camp requiring a serious security set up and we would have a very large DMZ to keep bolstered.

I really wish the "let them in" types would actually rationally explain that thought process and take some strain off my brain in trying to figure out the mindset but there is no way to justify their opinion. Meanwhile I fully support President Trumps policies and position on securing the Southern border. I should add that my political positions are not either conservative or liberal in leaning so common sense in its true form can operate. And true common sense is what needs to apply in this border issue.

So far the military presence has mainly been a logistical force but I hope that there is a contingency in place that can be quickly activated for an actual combat response. Its looking like it's going to come to that. Seems that nothing short of an M60 machine gun is actually going to convince this invasion that we are dead serious about securing our border and that we are not going to repeat the Cuban boat lift invasion or tolerate what happened in Europe with the ME invasion here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies