Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 12:53 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
My point is if you don't think a rock can cause serious bodily harm to you, then let me throw one in your face. Let's see how you will react.
Please provide a link to the post where I said or implied that a rock cannot cause serious bodily harm.

Some of you posters don't read very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 12:54 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,314,380 times
Do they not teach people in Honduras and Guatemala during their formative years that crime does not pay and that there are consequences to one's actions when breaking the law? What did they expect would happen when they criminally and violently charged the border, that a girl scout troop would meet them with hugs and cookies?

Old 11-26-2018, 12:56 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I'm hoping the border doesn't still look like that. If the wall hasn't been extended, surely there is fencing and barbed wire?
Once one gets out about 60 miles it's pretty open. That's where every illegal crosses, or tries to cross that doesn't have kids. Those with kids are feigning the "legal" way but they know if they get across they'll never have to show for the court date, they'll just play hide and seek with the other millions. That's where joe public and the tax payers get screwed.

That's why it's important to make the stand at the ports of entry and not allow them in. If they want to wait in Mexico, great.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:57 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
I guess the Left would rather the border patrol use lethal deterrents to illegal invaders which many countries do. Instead they use pepper spray. Oh, the horror.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Default The Truth About The Migrant Caravan Invading United States Border: Asylum Seekers Or Media Lies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=499Y...1-fdXfWL4gNPT0

"DEEP TRUTH. WATCH WHOLE VIDEO!"

He can see both sides and speaks the truth----if you want to listen.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This "caravan" thing has been going on for at least 10 years. I'm sure these same POTUS haters were completely silent 10 years ago because it didn't involve someone they hate.
W. Bush wasn't liked it either especially at this point 10 years ago. That said, the immigration debate spiked in the past few years. Hell, there was scare tactics about 14 years ago (before Bush was truly looked at as evil) about Spanish becoming the national language as of I think 2020, but that is not happening especially under Trump. It could be as early as 2021, 2025 at best depending if Trump has an economic downturn that will crush re-election hopes. The problem was that was talking points like Trump using the caravan as an election stunt. The issue is Trump used it to get votes out due to fear itself. Facts were we all knew it was coming but it wasn't as close on Election Day and for weeks we didn't hear anything about it because news capital moved elsewhere.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:51 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Please provide a link to the post where I said or implied that a rock cannot cause serious bodily harm.

Some of you posters don't read very well.
Read what you wrote again. Some posters can't read you well because you can't write well.

Quote:
You don't shoot people who are throwing rocks, for God's sake.

Stun guns, tear gas, hoses all get the job done.

So you are saying you can stop a rock throwing person with a stun gun and tear gas? Good luck with that.

Do you even know the maximum effective distance for a stun gun (aka taser) and the use for tear gas? The purpose for tear gas is to disperse the crowd, not to stop a person from hurling a rock in your face. The maximum distance for the taser prongs to hit the target is about 10m. an average adult male can definitely throw a rock farther than 10m

Obviously there are other factors that should take into considerations before taking lethal force against a rock thrower: size of the rock, distance between the rock thrower and the CBP officer/agent, if there is any cover, the ability of the rock thrower (ie an adult male or a little child), night or day.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Read what you wrote again. Some posters can't read you well because you can't write well.

So you are saying you can stop a rock throwing person with a stun gun and tear gas? Good luck with that.

Do you even know the maximum effective distance for a stun gun (aka taser) and the use for tear gas? The purpose for tear gas is to disperse the crowd, not to stop a person from hurling a rock in your face. The maximum distance for the taser prongs to hit the target is about 10m. an average adult male can definitely throw a rock farther than 10m

Obviously there are other factors that should take into considerations: size of the rock, distance between the rock thrower and the CBP officer/agent, if there is any cover, the ability of the rock thrower (ie an adult male or a little child), night or day.
No, the post you quoted of mine doesn't at all say that a person cannot be harmed by a rock thrown at them.

See, you're twisting my words, just as you did with the bolded above.

Have you not read any updates? Rocks were being thrown, people were coming through the gates and the crowd retreated when they got hit by tear gas. So apparently it works.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:07 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
No, the post you quoted of mine doesn't at all say that a person cannot be harmed by a rock thrown at them.

See, you're twisting my words, just as you did with the bolded above.

Have you not read any updates? Rocks were being thrown, people were coming through the gates and the crowd retreated when they got hit by tear gas. So apparently it works.
so a cop or any law enforcement officer cannot use lethal force (a firearm) against a person if that person has the mean and the ability to cause imminent bodily harm?

You do know taser and tear gas are less-than lethal instruments, right?

and are you familiar with use of force continuum in law enforcement?

Old 11-26-2018, 02:08 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Where were the children in the old photo? Perhaps the person in red has a kid on their shoulders.

I saw the photo on FB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies