Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 06:21 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
In the event that you are correct, it's better than incessant lying like trickle down works of all boats rise in a rising tide.
Trump is in power for 23 months now with a republican congress. So where's the wall?

Are you really this clueless? Trump has been fighting since day one to get the wall built but the Democrats won't back him and neither will many sell out Republicans. I can't believe that you don't know this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 06:24 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What problem?

Trump is keeping them out.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:24 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Give us your tired, poor and unwed mothers with 3+ kids that will continually vote Democrat IE teaching their kids they survived here on the US tax payer's backs. Keep the rolling block of liberal voters intact.

Sound about right? What exactly is that women with three kids going to do if she gets across? Work? Hardly. A very few have relatives already living here that could "possibly" watch the kids so she can work. Everyone else is going to be cashing in on every tax payer paid benefit they can.

But really, can you blame them? They've been getting away with it for the last ten years.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:32 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What problem?

Trump is keeping them out.
Exactly. And up to now Mexico was aiding and speeding the caravan as quickly as possible to get them out. The problem Mexico tried dumping on us again landed right on them as is well deserved. I bet next year Mexico's policy will be changed.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:37 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Exactly. And up to now Mexico was aiding and speeding the caravan as quickly as possible to get them out. The problem Mexico tried dumping on us again landed right on them as is well deserved. I bet next year Mexico's policy will be changed.
You know it well. They are bleeding from both sides North AND South. No commerce because of a closed border and they dare not throw money at the migrants vs world view.

It's actually hilarious and way passed time we had a POTUS with the stones to do this. With Obama they'd be on your highways, in your ERs, in your kid's schools eating your taxes along the way.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It used to be that "Give me your tired, your poor" was meant for immigrants from Europe coming through Ellis Island and coming here legally, the right way.

To this day that holds true. Few people are against legal immigration, but the left does not understand the distinction between that and hordes of humanity crashing our gates and making demands.

The left doesn't care about the criminal element and the consequences of that, or the burden on our resources, or the potential diseases these people might bring.

That is the difference between the right and the left. For the left there is no practicality or reasoning beyond their bleeding hearts, consequences be damned.

So much has changed since the days of Ellis island. My wife and I visited Ellis and Liberty Islands ad few years back and it was very poignant for her since she is from Ireland and if it was 100 years ago she would have had to come through there. If she had immigrated back then she would have been checked out to make sure she wasn't carrying disease. She would have had to have the means to support herself or job skills that the US needed or a sponsor that would have been responsible for her to make sure that she did not become a burden on the state.

Of course that has all changed today where welfare is extended to everyone for life and there is no shame or urgency to get yourself off the gov. programs. All you have to do is get yourself to America and America will take care of you.
What it all comes down to today is that the Democrats that are pushing for and encouraging these "migrants" to enter and demanding that we welcome them are after is their eventual new voter base.

It has to be about the future votes. Why else would the Dem leaders be adoring these people?

Old 11-26-2018, 07:24 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It has to be about the future votes. Why else would the Dem leaders be adoring these people?
It's called, 'compassion'. You will need to look that word up.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

You know, like your ancestors.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:27 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
It's called, 'compassion'. You will need to look that word up.

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

You know, like your ancestors.
You know like a poem ?

Times change as do the needs of the nation.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:32 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Should be changed to "Give me your unskilled, your uneducated, your anchors, and your votes in the next six election cycles"....

Old 11-26-2018, 07:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You are correct. Trump has made immigration his focus and he IS the POTUS and now has to deal with the crisis. He whipped everyone into a frenzy so tear gas doesn't surprise me.

THAT said - I DO NOT think thousands of people can just show up and DEMAND to be let in.

There's a process. If Trump screwed up the process (highly likely) then he needs to fix it.
So what was the excuse when the waves came when Obama was President? Dis he also screw up the process?
No. It's called a sense of entitlement. These mooches were offered asylum in Mexico, but they want the USA or nothing. That tells me it isn't about fleeing danger and it is about demanding freebies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies