Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 09:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

I think an intelligent person would quickly recognize that this is a dumb idea.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:19 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
At least the Dems wouldn't be able to use their strategy of importing Turd World mooches for votes anymore.

Right now you can be a low-IQ turnip from a primitive culture that will NEVER be a decent American citizen and still vote...that's one huge problem with the current system.

There should at least be competency tests for voting, plus the requirement to have taxable income.

There is simply no justification for letting someone stupid who doesn't even comprehend our system or the issues on the ballot and/or who doesn't support the system, to have any say in managing the system. What's the benefit of that?

Old 10-21-2018, 10:30 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Unconstitutional.
Someone is always wanting to change the rules when their party are sitting at the back of the bus, Lol.

Blah, a lot of people aren't even smart enough to get an ID, much less score higher than 5 on an IQ test, LOl

Old 10-22-2018, 01:41 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
A Bachelors degree only means that you've been through the left's indoctrination...

Old 10-22-2018, 01:46 AM

24,634 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Trump is the one who is winning and has been winning with uneducated whites
Then Democrats should’ve picked a better opponent, one that uneducated whites couldn’t easily defeat.

I just checked, Hillary lost by a landslide.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:15 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Then Democrats should’ve picked a better opponent, one that uneducated whites couldn’t easily defeat.

I just checked, Hillary lost by a landslide.
The dems backed a lame horse and now they are bitter. Before the election they were concerned that Trump supporters were going to behave exactly as they are now.

Intelligent people wouldn't be party hardliners. Yet many are. Intelligent people understand that you must hold your own to a high standard or else you are simply a hypocrite. All those intelligent hardliners seem to be missing that point.

Finally, our nation has a pretty good mix of intelligent, average and below average, but all citizens have a right to vote.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:22 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
A Bachelors degree only means that you've been through the left's indoctrination...
Why do people continue to say this sort of nonsense? Fine, let's go with that. Conservatives, absolutely Do NOT send your children to college. We don't need no more of them thar college gradiets! Like them doctors with their advanced degrees. Just a buncha numbskulls, think they know what they are a doin'. If I need a bit of lawyerin' I just do some dependin' on old uncle Joe. He got himself off from them liquor makin' charges. USMC, I don't believe for one minute that what I posted above is how you think, but it's how it comes off. It's so frustrating to see, day after day, that regular people think that having a college education is a bad thing.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:26 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Why do people continue to say this sort of nonsense? Fine, let's go with that. Conservatives, absolutely Do NOT send your children to college. We don't need no more of them thar college gradiets! Like them doctors with their advanced degrees. Just a buncha numbskulls, think they know what they are a doin'. If I need a bit of lawyerin' I just do some dependin' on old uncle Joe. He got himself off from them liquor makin' charges. USMC, I don't believe for one minute that what I posted above is how you think, but it's how it comes off. It's so frustrating to see, day after day, that regular people think that having a college education is a bad thing.
I never said it's a BAD thing...but it definitely is not the only answer out there, nor does it indicate intelligence or even smarts.

I can't tell you how many times I've cringed at how supposed intellectuals and college degreed people cannot solve simple problems, write correctly or even handle simple tasks, let alone think outside the box.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:31 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I never said it's a BAD thing...but it definitely is not the only answer out there, nor does it indicate intelligence or even smarts.

I can't tell you how many times I've cringed at how supposed intellectuals and college degreed people cannot solve simple problems, write correctly or even handle simple tasks, let alone think outside the box.
Absolutely agree.

Old 10-22-2018, 03:54 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnpolybious View Post
Say a requirement for voting was you had to have an IQ of at least 100 and have at least a Bachelor's degree in something?
The bottom half of the bell curve has the same citizenship rights as the top half. And I think most of the sub-100 IQ population is capable of becoming informed voters. I'd rather see a short, simple basic knowledge test, something that anyone could pass if they have a legitimate interest in politics and good government. You could make a big list of basic knowledge questions and have the voting machine select 5 at random for each voter. Nobody who gets less than 3 right would be allowed to enter a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies