Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 08:53 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,805,986 times

Advertisements

I have little doubt that if Republicans could actually get everything they want accomplished, it would actually be illegal to be gay. We would have an anti-gay law similar to what Russia has. In fact part of the reason for Trump's extreme popularity is people's anger over the decision to legalize gay marriage (though recently abortion has been more in the spotlight). Thing is, once they have rounded up and incarcerated the LGBT community or forced everyone else back in the closet, they will go after other "sinners."

It's hard to believe that only three years after #LoveWins, we have become a nation that has been completely overtaken in backlash by a seething hatred and rage that can't accept that people who don't look, think, act, and believe like them should be allowed to even exist in this country. What a despicable time in history we are living in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 08:55 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-...=hp_lista_pos3

Can't believe it took this long for the federal government to state the obvious, under the law you are male or female. Seems we've been adding a letter to the LGBTABCDEF123456@%^%@...etc etc nonsense pretty much every day.
OMG!!!!!! This is sooooo radical!!!

Old 10-22-2018, 09:02 AM

15,629 posts, read 10,382,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I have little doubt that if Republicans could actually get everything they want accomplished, it would actually be illegal to be gay. We would have an anti-gay law similar to what Russia has. In fact part of the reason for Trump's extreme popularity is people's anger over the decision to legalize gay marriage (though recently abortion has been more in the spotlight). Thing is, once they have rounded up and incarcerated the LGBT community or forced everyone else back in the closet, they will go after other "sinners."

It's hard to believe that only three years after #LoveWins, we have become a nation that has been completely overtaken in backlash by a seething hatred and rage that can't accept that people who don't look, think, act, and believe like them should be allowed to even exist in this country. What a despicable time in history we are living in.
bawac, the overwhelming majority of americans don't care about strangers' personal lives. your narcissistic obsession that people care about your sex life is truly bizarre and illogical.

the topic is title ix.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-22-2018 at 09:13 AM..

Old 10-22-2018, 09:05 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,974 times
I'm really not understanding why republicans care about this issue. Why are you all so concerned about who has what in their pants? If I (a woman) decide that I'm a man and choose to live my life that way... how does it affect you?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:09 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The State doesn't need to "define" anyone.
Absolutely true, nature already defined them at birth

Old 10-22-2018, 09:11 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,711,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm really not understanding why republicans care about this issue. Why are you all so concerned about who has what in their pants? If I (a woman) decide that I'm a man and choose to live my life that way... how does it affect you?
FYI it's not just the GOP and conservatives, but the issue here is about lawsuits and forcing society to provide a range of rights and benefits to every sexual deviancy. Most impactful is cost to accommodate/pay for gender changing operations and infrastructure

Old 10-22-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
In their worldview, it offends God and if the government doesn't put a stop to it, then God will unleash judgment on America that will cause pain and suffering for all, including the good God-fearing evangelical Christians. So, it's better to have a government that discriminates against the people this "God" hates.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:13 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,402 times
This is a man who claimed during his campaign that he would be a friend to the LGBT community. And some fools actually believed it and voted for him.

Here's an article about it that isn't behind a paywall: Trump Administration Could Stop Recognizing Transgender People | Fortune

from the article:

Quote:
"In addition to federal recognition, transgender people would be at risk of losing a number of civil rights protections, which could impact everything from which locker room and bathroom they’re allowed to use, to which sports teams they can play on. This could further compound the changes several government agencies have made under the Trump administration, withdrawing policies enacted by the previous administration that recognized gender identity in schools, prisons, and homeless shelters."
But, as this thread demonstrates, a lot of people don't believe LGBT people are actually people who deserve civil rights. So here we are.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:14 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
The Obama Admin was a radical, and purposefully divisive regime. This is just one more example. The Trump Admin needs to overturn all this crap.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Obama Admin was a radical, and purposefully divisive regime. This is just one more example. The Trump Admin needs to overturn all this crap.
Divisive because this offends the fundamentalist Christians?

Social change happens by challenging authoritarians and this issue is no difference. Things are always uncomfortable for authoritarians whenever their power is challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies