Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 03:49 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times

Advertisements

I guess the democrats think that anything goes to get votes.
I got a mailer yesterday for a democrat candidate, saying we should vote for her because "She is a dog lover, and we need more dog owners in this dog-eat-dog Congress".
It even had a picture of the dog, apparently saying that "His mama takes good care of him, so she would be a good person to have in Congress".
Yes, those are actual quotes from the mailer!

Like I would actually follow the advice of a DOG??
I have two cats and a dog (Corgi), and I didn't ask their advice before I voted.
All these mailers are a waste of money anyway, I already marked my ballot and sent it in.
I did not vote for that democrat and her dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 03:52 PM

702 posts, read 540,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I got a mailer yesterday for a democrat candidate, saying we should vote for her because "She is a dog lover, and we need more dog owners in this dog-eat-dog Congress".
It even had a picture of the dog, apparently saying that "His mama takes good care of him, so she would be a good person to have in Congress".

I have two cats and a dog (Corgi), and I didn't ask their advice before I voted.
All these mailers are a waste of money anyway, I already marked my ballot and sent it in.

Mitt Romney... is... is that you?

Old 10-23-2018, 03:54 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
I take the mailers from both sides and throw them directly into the trash.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:55 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
We're getting inundated with recorded robo-call spiels. - There are no issues! -- It's all for or against Trump. It's really wearisome and pointless.

Those initiating these mail/phone campaigns must feel like they work??? ... or maybe they just don't know what else to do.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Don't let PETA know what restaurant you eat at ?
The MOB will hunt you down for not voting for the dog.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:07 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:

Her mailer is targeted to the NPC crowd... The "feelers," not the thinkers.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:

That’s a tad refreshing. Most political mailers / ads condemn their opponent and say nothing about themselves or positions.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:41 PM

391 posts, read 158,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
I take the mailers from both sides and throw them directly into the trash.
Yep. I glance at them and then use them to start my fire barrel to burn my trash. I know who I am voting for so I don't need to mailers..bout as useless as the coupons and ads I get every Tuesday.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:10 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Ah, brings back my memory of a woman saying she was going to vote for John McCain because Sarah Palin had a disabled child.

I'm a Democrat, but I got a mailing from a Republican saying he wanted to run because he was a doctor, but there was not a single word about how he felt that would tie in. I'm sure he's not going to push for single-payer.

By the way, was there anything else on your mailer? Maybe it was just a way to make the dog-eat-dog joke.

Old 10-23-2018, 07:54 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Any political party that sends me any mail is wasting their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies