Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 11:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,751,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I see you and WaldoKitty got the same memo about 'moving on'. We wouldn't want people to keep calling attention to the sick workings of a super-Trump fan and his handy work, would we.
That patsy didn't pan out, after he was exposed for who he really is.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:14 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,483,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
These are the posts I don't understand, because I don't get how people can talk about the "divisive rhetoric" coming from the president while not simultaneously discussing the "divisive rhetoric" coming from multiple long-standing Democrats in Congress. How do you draw that line in your mind, where the rhetoric from the Democrats is okay, while condemning the president for doing nothing more than the Democrats are doing themselves. It just makes no sense.
You know exactly what we're talking about. The POTUS's words carry a lot of weight to some people...especially the nutcases out there. His words do matter more so than someone in Congress. Stop trying to coddle this President.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:44 AM

30,913 posts, read 37,057,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
...And just to add to that...from the article:

The arrest was one of several in the country in the past year in which an apparent act of racism or anti-Semitism was traced not to a hate group but to a suspect belonging to the targeted minority.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,045,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
You know exactly what we're talking about. The POTUS's words carry a lot of weight to some people...especially the nutcases out there. His words do matter more so than someone in Congress. Stop trying to coddle this President.
Stop trying to excuse bad behavior from the left just because its biggest mouthpieces don't happen to be sitting in the oval office. The point of that post was spot on and you know it.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:43 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,858,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Don't tell that lie, please don't. The best things only to his die hard supporters, and them only. Anything that would be the best thing is not divisive, and would be loved by the majority, and would be trying to heal this country and work for all the people instead of just his base. Too much drama all the time to be anywhere near being called the best, not even close.
Don't fool yourself. The only divisiveness going on is the media attacks at Trump and Trump voters and the sleazy tactics of Hellary, Barry and the anti Trump politicians who have lost control.

You call a lie what doesn't suit your idea of a great President. You probably thought that Barry was a unitier loved by all the people and trying to heal this country. THAT is the lie. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If there is divisiveness it's because the left want their way, are not having any of what Trump is offering and are sore losers and can't accept the fact that they couldn't cheat their way into controlling the election.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:39 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,861,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Don't fool yourself. The only divisiveness going on is the media attacks at Trump and Trump voters and the sleazy tactics of Hellary, Barry and the anti Trump politicians who have lost control.

You call a lie what doesn't suit your idea of a great President. You probably thought that Barry was a unitier loved by all the people and trying to heal this country. THAT is the lie. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If there is divisiveness it's because the left want their way, are not having any of what Trump is offering and are sore losers and can't accept the fact that they couldn't cheat their way into controlling the election.
Please tell us the media attacks you're talking about. What exactly are they saying? Sounds to me like they're reporting what he's saying and doing. But of course anything that is unflattering to him is fake news, even if it's true.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:03 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,125,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Please tell us the media attacks you're talking about. What exactly are they saying? Sounds to me like they're reporting what he's saying and doing. But of course anything that is unflattering to him is fake news, even if it's true.
Trump can't handle the truth.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:42 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,795,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post

Back in the 80's, two teenagers were listening to Judas Priest (rock band) and their family said that the songs made their teens want to commit suicide. So, they both did. (one lived after the attempt).

Now, I listen to a lot of music and some songs can be sad or angry. Does that mean I should follow the song and kill myself? How do I interpret the words that could be different from another person, who was hell bent on dying heard the words. If I were suicidal and I listened to a sad song, would it be my problem that I was so sad, that I ended my life because of a song? It's the MENTAL STATE of the person, at the time, the nutjob who has issues, who, he alone is to blame for what he did.

If Trump sent out "horrible messages of hate" to millions, then why hasn't the entire country sent bombs (including everyone in your neighborhood) to political figures? The bomber needs to take responsibility for this. Period.

STOP blaming Trump!

Trump 2020!

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/17/a...o-suicide.html

Old 11-01-2018, 10:49 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,564,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Now, I listen to a lot of music and some songs can be sad or angry. Does that mean I should follow the song and kill myself? How do I interpret the words that could be different from another person, who was hell bent on dying heard the words.
Nice try. Let's see how many different ways we can interpret "the press is the enemy of the people."

Old 11-01-2018, 11:10 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,103,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh. So why plural? There was only one person who sent the fake bombs. Or.......

Are you are really trying to say that you believe that 10s of millions of your fellow Americans are like the fake bomber, moonies, blind, mindless and cultists? If so, it's certainly a horrible miserable way to spend each day. I feel bad for you son.
well, there are 10s of millions of Trump supporters, most of which are blind and mindless....so... yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies