Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 11:11 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,678,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
well, there are 10s of millions of Trump supporters, most of which are blind and mindless....so... yes.
Same advice for you. Try to love your fellow man instead of casting so much hate. You will have a better day.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:17 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,735,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Back in the 80's, two teenagers were listening to Judas Priest (rock band) and their family said that the songs made their teens want to commit suicide. So, they both did. (one lived after the attempt).

Now, I listen to a lot of music and some songs can be sad or angry. Does that mean I should follow the song and kill myself? How do I interpret the words that could be different from another person, who was hell bent on dying heard the words. If I were suicidal and I listened to a sad song, would it be my problem that I was so sad, that I ended my life because of a song? It's the MENTAL STATE of the person, at the time, the nutjob who has issues, who, he alone is to blame for what he did.

If Trump sent out "horrible messages of hate" to millions, then why hasn't the entire country sent bombs (including everyone in your neighborhood) to political figures? The bomber needs to take responsibility for this. Period.

STOP blaming Trump!

Trump 2020!

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/17/a...o-suicide.html
Good for you!!

Gotta owe you the rep.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 PM

12,976 posts, read 9,677,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Don't fool yourself. The only divisiveness going on is the media attacks at Trump and Trump voters and the sleazy tactics of Hellary, Barry and the anti Trump politicians who have lost control.

You call a lie what doesn't suit your idea of a great President. You probably thought that Barry was a unitier loved by all the people and trying to heal this country. THAT is the lie. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If there is divisiveness it's because the left want their way, are not having any of what Trump is offering and are sore losers and can't accept the fact that they couldn't cheat their way into controlling the election.
Wow, what planet have you been living on lately. There is no IF, we arena very divided nation. It wouldn't even be a topic of discussion for either side if that wasn't the case and you know it. Trump don't try to work with any democrats, and he puts all of them down at rallies and every chance he gets, he blames everything on the dem. Then y'all should have nothing to worry about Tuesday night I guess, since there is no division and all is well.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Please tell us the media attacks you're talking about. What exactly are they saying? Sounds to me like they're reporting what he's saying and doing. But of course anything that is unflattering to him is fake news, even if it's true.
Trump have done a great job in brainwashing his die hard supporters. His mission was to bash the media at every chance, damage their credibility, cry fake news 24/7 and eventually it will stick. Now, he get to do and say whatever he wants and his supporters wont believe anything they say negative about him, because he have beat that into their heads about how fake and dishonest everybody is except him. And of course they buy it, no question ask, just because he tells them its fake.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Wow, what planet have you been living on lately. There is no IF, we arena very divided nation. It wouldn't even be a topic of discussion for either side if that wasn't the case and you know it. Trump don't try to work with any democrats, and he puts all of them down at rallies and every chance he gets, he blames everything on the dem. Then y'all should have nothing to worry about Tuesday night I guess, since there is no division and all is well.
Incorrect. Though there are some who seek to label and divide us every day.

You and others in this topic have attempted that here in 100s of posts. You make that point that actions of one nutcase in Florida are just like those of 10s of millions of other Americans.

It is you who clearly stated just a few posts back that 10s of millions of your fellow Americans, who you have never met, are mindless, brainwashed, cultists, violent, racist and many other pejoratives based on nothing but your own prejudices. Your words are there. Own up to them before you start faulting others for the same.

So don't try to legitimize that position by telling us that Most of the USA is this way. It isn't. Don't want division, then clean your side of the street first. Tell us what YOU are going to do to change it than to tell us that millions of Americans are "brainwashed". Else, you are simply part of the problem,.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:24 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Incorrect. Though there are some who seek to label and divide us every day.

You and others in this topic have attempted that here in 100s of posts. You make that point that actions of one nutcase in Florida are just like those of 10s of millions of other Americans.

It is you who clearly stated just a few posts back that 10s of millions of your fellow Americans, who you have never met, are mindless, brainwashed, cultists, violent, racist and many other pejoratives based on nothing but your own prejudices. Your words are there. Own up to them before you start faulting others for the same.

So don't try to legitimize that position by telling us that Most of the USA is this way. It isn't. Don't want division, then clean your side of the street first. Tell us what YOU are going to do to change it than to tell us that millions of Americans are "brainwashed". Else, you are simply part of the problem,.

Why don't you tell us what YOU are going to do to clean "your side" of the street first and maybe you'll set a good example to bring about less division. For starters you might stop trying to peddle the falsehood that people in this thread are claiming that all Trump fans are just like the MAGAbomber. No one is saying anything like that. You might also admit that the MAGAbomber is a domestic terrorist without adding the mambo jumbo bull about "fake bombs" [no harm, no foul] line you've been spoon-fed to say.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why don't you tell us what YOU are going to do to clean "your side" of the street first and maybe you'll set a good example to bring about less division. For starters you might stop trying to peddle the falsehood that people in this thread are claiming that all Trump fans are just like the MAGAbomber. No one is saying anything like that. You might also admit that the MAGAbomber is a domestic terrorist without adding the mambo jumbo bull about "fake bombs" [no harm, no foul] line you've been spoon-fed to say.

Dear, it isn't me who's calling 10s of millions of my fellow Americans, #Magabombers (your term).

You guys know what you were doing here with your indignant condemnation of Trump's millions of supporters. Don't try to put it on me.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:23 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear, it isn't me who's calling 10s of millions of my fellow Americans, #Magabombers (your term).

You guys know what you were doing here with your indignant condemnation of Trump's millions of supporters. Don't try to put it on me.

Your cut-and-paste posts are getting old.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Thank you

Old 11-01-2018, 04:52 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Back in the 80's, two teenagers were listening to Judas Priest (rock band) and their family said that the songs made their teens want to commit suicide. So, they both did. (one lived after the attempt).

Now, I listen to a lot of music and some songs can be sad or angry. Does that mean I should follow the song and kill myself? How do I interpret the words that could be different from another person, who was hell bent on dying heard the words. If I were suicidal and I listened to a sad song, would it be my problem that I was so sad, that I ended my life because of a song? It's the MENTAL STATE of the person, at the time, the nutjob who has issues, who, he alone is to blame for what he did.

If Trump sent out "horrible messages of hate" to millions, then why hasn't the entire country sent bombs (including everyone in your neighborhood) to political figures? The bomber needs to take responsibility for this. Period.

STOP blaming Trump!

Trump 2020!

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/07/17/a...o-suicide.html
I'm going to have to disagree with you. But it isn't just Trump. Most of the Repugnanican Party is filled with Repugnanicans who came out of the woodwork over the last 10 years. I mean how many posts have there been calling Obama a Muslim? How many times has Obama's birth certificate been questioned? How often have we seen racist if not ever-changing on those with different colored skin from us. How many times have we heard the lies that transvestites were going to rape people in bathrooms? How often has Hillary been gone after and I include myself because I don't like her but I voted Clinton because I couldn't vote for Trump or Johnson? Point for clarification, I didn't have a choice but to either not vote and not let my voice be heard, have a throwaway third party vote or vote Hillary. The answer is too much.

Then to cap it all off, Kavanaugh. That vote handling was repulsive. I lost respect for Senator Graham over his handling over it and Sen. Flake proved he was really a Trump guy all along and is a coward for not running for re-election just like he cowarded and toed the party line with a softball investigation for a single week. That was partisan bull**** through and through. As it stands with the current Republican party I just can't vote for them. Some local Republicans I can but not ones in Washington or looking to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies