Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 11:57 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times

Advertisements

Another SOB story about illegal aliens . Of course they are misleading with the headline they mean pregnant illegal aliens .

Apparently according to this CNN article , pregnant illegal alien women have high stress and blood pressure due to “America’s political climate “

Simple solution to this . Don’t break our immigration laws and actually come here legally . Then no need to worry about ICE , etc .

Really insane article .

—-
While several factors can drive stress -- such as employment status, social instability or preexisting health conditions -- one additional factor in recent years for immigrant women has been America's political climate, Gamboa said.
The stress that some mothers face can make them at higher risk for depression and anxiety, which potentially can impact the baby's health too, Gamboa said.

Sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night, at two in the morning -- supposedly in the last weeks of pregnancy is when you should be most relaxed, most calm -- that ICE is here, ICE is there, sometimes I'm even scared to go to the doctors," said the patient, who works picking strawberries.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/23/hea...www.cnn.com%2F
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 07:20 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
I honestly couldn't stop rolling my eyes while reading this story. Here I am...an American citizen who works for a living. I've been gainfully employed my entire adult life. I've never been arrested. I've never broken any laws (unless you count speeding occasionally). I work hard for my money; so does my husband.

We can't have children. We don't want to shell out $30-$40k for extremely expensive IVF (which might not even work) just to endure a high-risk pregnancy...and to be $30-$40k behind people who were able to conceive without help...and since we're middle-class, we'd pay full freight for everything from diapers to college. Adoption is as big of a problem; it's just as expensive, and studies have repeatedly shown that adopted kids have worse outcomes than biological kids despite any financial advantages their adoptive families might have.

And I'm supposed to feel sorry for an illegal field worker who got stressed out because she had to shell out a few thousand dollars to have her sterilization reversed (and she already has a kid)??? Seriously??? I'm supposed to feel bad because she managed to come up with that ludicrous amount of money to spend on something like THAT?

This country has lost its mind. Seriously.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:27 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
The pregnant illegal aliens don't have to worry about actually paying any part of their doctor bills, hospital bills, anesthesiologists, ultra sounds or pay for prescriptions, pediatricians, formula, etc. One would think that would balance out any worry about ICE coming through your door at 2 a.m. to deport you or showing up at your free doctors visit. How many times has that actually happened to anyone?

Old 10-24-2018, 07:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Another SOB story about illegal aliens . Of course they are misleading with the headline they mean pregnant illegal aliens .

Apparently according to this CNN article , pregnant illegal alien women have high stress and blood pressure due to “America’s political climate “

Simple solution to this . Don’t break our immigration laws and actually come here legally . Then no need to worry about ICE , etc .

Really insane article .

—-
While several factors can drive stress -- such as employment status, social instability or preexisting health conditions -- one additional factor in recent years for immigrant women has been America's political climate, Gamboa said.
The stress that some mothers face can make them at higher risk for depression and anxiety, which potentially can impact the baby's health too, Gamboa said.

Sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night, at two in the morning -- supposedly in the last weeks of pregnancy is when you should be most relaxed, most calm -- that ICE is here, ICE is there, sometimes I'm even scared to go to the doctors," said the patient, who works picking strawberries.

Boo ****ing Hoo

Old 10-24-2018, 07:31 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Really insane article .

—-

Isn't it funny how these types of bleeding heart articles call illegal aliens plain ole "immigrants"? The dishonesty simply amazes me.

Law breakers pregnant or not should suffer anxiety. It's their own damned fault! They'll get no sympathy from me.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:34 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,755,015 times
So they are upset that they are dropping their anchor babies/meal tickets in an environment that makes them feel a bit uncomfortable? Oh my whatever should we do?

Old 10-24-2018, 07:39 AM

50,323 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quit humping like horny rabbits and the problem solves itself. It won't change the anxiety but self deporting well.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:42 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,903 times
oh boo hoo stop having kids then

Old 10-24-2018, 07:44 AM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
CNN (Just like FOX, CBS etc.) is a for-profit corporation that has decided what news articles to run and with what spin to use to generate ratings among their target audience.

So of course they're going to run a bunch of relatively biased stories while generally glossing over things like overwhelmed public services, suppressed laborer wages and so forth.

We need a guest worker program imo. I think that would also help to curtail the abuses directed against the illegals too.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:49 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
CNN (Just like FOX, CBS etc.) is a for-profit corporation that has decided what news articles to run and with what spin to use to generate ratings among their target audience.

So of course they're going to run a bunch of relatively biased stories while generally glossing over things like overwhelmed public services, suppressed laborer wages and so forth.

We need a guest worker program imo. I think that would also help to curtail the abuses directed against the illegals too.

We already have several guest worker programs. We just don't need these millions of poor, uneducated and unskilled illegals here as we don't have jobs for them. Should we just create more guest worker programs for them anyway? That makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies