Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Megyn Kelly keep her show?
Yes 162 66.67%
No 81 33.33%
Voters: 243. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 12:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The reason the woman can make statements like she did is because the U.S. has never truly come to terms with it history. People cannot handle the truth so would rather sugar coat or ignore it. It’s quite evident, even in this thread. They want American history lite, but never the real thing. That’s why this country will never truly solve many of its issues.
I don't have any problem with US history really. Or put another way I don't interpret and perceive it the way liberals demand everyone else does. So it's not about handling the truth it's about I don't accept the left's untruth.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:48 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If no one has expressed an issue or sensitivity why are you asking me to create one? Whether or not something offends another group has no merits on whether or not it should offend mine. We are talking about the specific act of parodying black people through the act of "black face". Italians and Japanese and what they do or do not find offensive has no relevance to the history of African Americans and their issues with people wearing black face. Why are you bringing it up instead of dealing with what is in front of you?
I'm just asking you a question. People across all racial lines may feel offended on certain costume s. Yes I can say black-face is historically offensive, but as of recently You had men like D rake, Robert Downey Junior and Jimmy Kimmel do black-face yet no outrage. Yes black-face is offensive, but it is how people portray black-face. Context matters. Example what if your costume is a zombie, and the zombie has aged skin, and you may have to cover your face in black makeup to look the part. would that be offensive? I do agree that we live in an age of sensitivity, and people should be aware o, or conscious when in public due to a small minority of Americans being offended. Now let me ask one u a question. If someone wore a costume that is offensive to you. What would you do?

A. Call the Police
B. Call his or her Employer.
C. Find out where he or she lives and talk to his or her landlord.
D. Have a one on one conversation about the costume.
E. All the Above

Old 10-26-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And you are saying Megyn has a history of siding against blacks ? Well then, I totally understand. I wasn't aware that she had a history of being "against blacks" ...

To be honest, I really don't know much about her. She had a show, is sort of hot.. I never followed her though.
Democrats have a history of siding against whites, so by the standards of PCism Democrats aren't allowed to comment negatively about whites anymore.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:51 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Would people in today's society think of Al Jolson as being racist? I would certainly hope not!! Yet I'm sure there are some who claim they are offended by his makeup .

As far as Meghan Kelly, we don't know the entire story regarding her time with NBC and whether or not there were other issues that used the black face comment as the final straw and a good excuse to fire her.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:52 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
ALL humans have a resemblance to apes. The fact that dark skin more closely matches the fur of apes makes AA's even closer in appearance. If apes had white or tan fur, then Caucasians would look more like apes than AA's do. But we are ALL evolutionarily and genetically very similar to apes.

Maybe the apes find the comparison offensive, but I don't think humans should.
Especially not the ones that most closely resemble the ape characters in movies.
https://twitter.com/jburtonxp/status...37684993110026

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
.Megan is racist.

Jimmy Kimnel is not racist. No idea why you brought his name up, nor do I care.

You can pull things out of ...the air all day. It changes nothing.
And here we have proof the NPC program does not include the correct definition of racism.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:53 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
In light of Megyn Kelly's recent comments on Black Face, and suggesting that it is okay as long as you're a child and playing a character, later retracting and apologizing for those comments.

I always thought Kelly's departure of Fox News, where she had been a staple of that Company for years was suspect, and I was even more surprised to hear that NBC would be picking her up for her own talk show, given her past. It seems that this may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. What is your opinion? Should her show be canned? Or are people taking this too far?
She already had a history of making racially insensitive remarks with her “Jesus and Santa are WHITE” comments. Since she had poor ratings, this was indeed the straw that broke the camel’s back. I am 54 years old and remember seeing pictures of the racist white frats and sororities having “pimp and ho” parties or dressing like housemaids, etc. I think that behavior has reinforced perception that it is racist. If you listen to what she said, she said that it was “ok” as long as it was a “character”. By “character”, I thought that she was referring to applying makeup to try to look like Diana Ross. I don’t find that to be “racist”. Back in the 80s, I remember when Joan Collins was panned for doing a black face photo shoot. It didn’t end her career. I think that they painted her comment with a broad brush and didn’t really give her the benefit of a doubt. But her past history and poor ratings made it easy.

Last edited by Hopeful for Life; 10-26-2018 at 01:10 PM..

Old 10-26-2018, 12:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
I wonder if I walk around wearing NPC meme costume, will I outrage people on the streets of NYC

Old 10-26-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
She already had a history of making racially insensitive remarks with her “Jesus and Santa are WHITE” comments. Since she had poor ratings, this was indeed the straw that broke the camel’s back
Since when have left leaning tv personalities not been "racially insensitive" to whites? I'm not sure of the context but Jesus and Santa are white, Israelites were a white/Caucasian ethnicity.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:05 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
NBC is an idiot network and they were idiots for hiring an untalented egotistical yapper like Kelly.

There is nothing racist about "But what is racist?" she asked. "You truly do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface at Halloween or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. That was OK when I was a kid, as long as you were dressing like a character."

She's 48, so say she's talking about 1980.

That was then, now is now when you can't say boo without being charged with racism, as defined by the virtue-signaling holier-than-thou Paranoid PC Crowd.

NBC screwed up when they hired that ditz. She's wealthy and has hired a craphouse lawyer and good luck in court, NBC, because she'll probably take you bozos to the cleaners. I will enjoy that but she could end up with enough money to start her own dysfunctional network.

This is a win-win, because I despise both NBC and MK but in this case NBC is just using a cheap coward's excuse to fire someone they probably wanted to fire anyway but did not have the stones to do so. Now they have cover.

Now where's that popcorn?

Old 10-26-2018, 01:05 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm just asking you a question. People across all racial lines may feel offended on certain costume s. Yes I can say black-face is historically offensive, but as of recently You had men like D rake, Robert Downey Junior and Jimmy Kimmel do black-face yet no outrage. Yes black-face is offensive, but it is how people portray black-face. Context matters. Example what if your costume is a zombie, and the zombie has aged skin, and you may have to cover your face in black makeup to look the part. would that be offensive? I do agree that we live in an age of sensitivity, and people should be aware o, or conscious when in public due to a small minority of Americans being offended. Now let me ask one u a question. If someone wore a costume that is offensive to you. What would you do?

A. Call the Police
B. Call his or her Employer.
C. Find out where he or she lives and talk to his or her landlord.
D. Have a one on one conversation about the costume.
E. All the Above

The only context that matter is a persons history. I keep saying this. If you are a conservative and have expressed conservative points of view, then you are going against 90% of black people, politically. Megan Kelly is viewed as a conservative from her stint on Fox News as well as many of the opinions she has expressed, some of which have rubbed black people the wrong way. Liberal white people should not wear black face but blacks have less harsh reaction because they side with blacks and defend blacks on a lot of issues. I don't understand what the confusion is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies