Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 07:32 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
sounds like another hook, line, and sinker for Trump.. He plays you fools like a fiddle.
It’s so convenient to throw this vacuous defense out every time Trump says something stupid, isn’t it?

If only it worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 10:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
On one hand, I completely understand your feelings, My54ford. But on the other hand, I have to say that the pieces I've read aren't simply coming up with off-the-cuff insults - they're making careful historical comparisons with specific events and policies of Nazi Germany, such as the demonization of the press. (Not to mention the virulent anti-semitism of his followers.). I'm sure you also know the saying that those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Just because Person A says similar things and endorses or does similar acts to Person B, that doesn't mean they are the same. I think if Trump was responsible for at least tens of thousands of people dying (directly or indirectly), then the Hitler nickname is more appropriate.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
He’s punking you in hopes that you’ll keep showing your TDS.
He's not that clever.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
You answer your own question.

"Most of your list were self-serving folks who used the nationalistic/patriotic feeling of others to satisfy their own lust for power"

Trump fits that description and you can add enriching himself and family by having the most corrupt administration in the history of the nation.

Nationalism is more then the definition you have given.

It also requires the ability to control the media, our constitution does not allow that.

It also requires that business be controlled by the nationalist, our constitution does not allow that.
So the disconnect is seems to be that I'm using the dictionary definition of Nationalism, which is exactly the same thing as Patriotism, with possible reference to excessive Patriotism. You are using the term to reference people who exploited the Patriotism/Nationalism of their people to become dictatorial rulers. Trouble is, your definition isn't what the word actually means. I'm going by the dictionary definition here.

Full Disclosure: I don't really like Donald Trump. He's a pompous windbag and far too in love with himself for my tastes. In many things, he has been very effective, which I wasn't expecting but he's not somebody that I'm about to hold my nose and pull the lever for ... ever. The problem I have with the typical anti-Trumper: Rather than just criticizing him the many many flaws that he does have, they lose their damn minds with massive exaggeration and hyperbole. The man isn't "literally Hitler." He's not a fascist. He's not a Nazi. He's not a racist either. When the Left insists that he really is all of these things, it destroys their credibility. It hearkens back to Alex Jones ranting about "they're turning the frogs gay!!" But worse than that, the Leftist will literally beat you up if you dare walk around in public with a MAGA hat. It makes the Left look completely insane. Anyone on the fence about Trump is going to shy away from the people calling Trump "worse than Hitler", the spawn of Satan, etc. and are much more likely to listen to what Trump and his supporters have to say.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:35 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nobody? 100,000 came to hear him speak in Houston.

Obama can't even fill up a 2,000 seat venue. And that's with Salt N' Pepper there telling Barry to "Push It". LAWL.
Actually, the Chronicle said the crowd at the Toyota Center was about 20,000 people not 100,000.

Quote:
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo posted on Twitter that about 20,000 people attended the Trump/Cruz rally at the Toyota Center, while another 3,000 or so people showed up to take in the event outside of the arena
The photo the Trump people are using was not even taken in Houston.

Quote:
the image circulating on social media was snapped in June 2016 during a million-person parade that took place in downtown Cleveland to celebrate the Cavaliers' NBA championship. Using a drone, Bruce Bishop and Matt Mishak took the photo while covering the event for the Chronicle-Telegram, a newspaper in Elyria, Ohio.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:15 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Just because Person A says similar things and endorses or does similar acts to Person B, that doesn't mean they are the same. I think if Trump was responsible for at least tens of thousands of people dying (directly or indirectly), then the Hitler nickname is more appropriate.

Exactly! I suppose if Hitler's favorite color were red and so is Trumps that makes them one and the same? The fact that Trump isn't burning humans alive in ovens as Hitler did I guess he's still like Hitler anyway?

Old 10-26-2018, 12:18 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes. Donald Trump has a lot to say about other people, but his blood pressure skyrockets if somebody DARE say something about him.

Trump is the equivalent of a 3rd grade bully with soft skin.

It's a fact though that many of these people made derogatory remarks about him first though and then he retaliated. Rosie O'donnel comes to mind.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Actually, the Chronicle said the crowd at the Toyota Center was about 20,000 people not 100,000.

The photo the Trump people are using was not even taken in Houston.

LOL, thanks for pointing the obvious. Trump need to stop reverting to lies like their dear leader. With technology it is so easy to prove they are liars.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:33 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nobody? 100,000 came to hear him speak in Houston.

Obama can't even fill up a 2,000 seat venue. And that's with Salt N' Pepper there telling Barry to "Push It". LAWL.

LAWL, only 19,000 where in arena with 3,000 outside. A far cry from 100,000. LAWL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies