Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 11:06 AM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times

Advertisements

As it should. Donald Trump is the antithesis of Ronald Reagan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/u...?module=inline

Old 11-02-2018, 11:17 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
No it isn't. It's creating more support for him and rightfully so.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:19 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
If being proud of your country and want to make it better for ALL Americans means that I am a nationalist, then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Old 11-02-2018, 11:41 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:

Nice find. Even though I'm no fan of the NYT. The article sheds some light on suburban middle Americans who support the GOP of the past, and are bipartisan with democrats. Such people economically do not support Trumps economic nationalism, especially since the GOP crafted free trade agreements like NAFTA starting with Ronald Reagan, but signed into law by Democrat Reaganite Bill Clinton. Globalist Republicans also need access to cheap labor for goods to be made, but also cheap labor for jobs here in America. Globalist GOP Republicans would not want immigration reform which will hurt their businesses. I had to look at panoramic perspective. With immigration being a factor, whos going to do field work jobs. Should blacks and poor whites be sent back to the fields to work under Trump's nationalism? Or secure immigration so that immigrants have easy access to low wage jobs so that the average American can remain comfortable.

I say this once, and I will say it again. When Donald Trump got elected as President. Ronald Reagan turned in his grave.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

Nationalism....

What do you think America 1st means?
Do you really think it means globalism?

He didn't say white Americans 1st, as has been implied.
Trump is not about equal outcomes for all
He is all about Equal Opportunities for all.
That is why under Obama, black people went on food stamps and white people got rich. All Black people were going to have an equal outcome.

Trump and the republican congress, has lifted everyone, no matter of race, color or creed, increasing economic freedom for all.
Trump is the "we President"
Not the "I President" as Obama was.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:01 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Trump Nationalism Talk is Turning Off Suburban Republicans

Not this one or the ones I know locally. Go Trump Go!!! America first all the way !!!!

By putting America first America wins !!!

Old 11-02-2018, 12:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.

'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the USA

Old 11-02-2018, 12:03 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
You wish. As does the NYT.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:05 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
...............I say this once, and I will say it again. When Donald Trump got elected as President. Ronald Reagan turned in his grave.
OK. Then I guess you agree that if Hillary had been elected, Reagan would have just crawled out!

Old 11-02-2018, 12:11 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Nice find. Even though I'm no fan of the NYT. The article sheds some light on suburban middle Americans who support the GOP of the past, and are bipartisan with democrats. Such people economically do not support Trumps economic nationalism, especially since the GOP crafted free trade agreements like NAFTA starting with Ronald Reagan, but signed into law by Democrat Reaganite Bill Clinton. Globalist Republicans also need access to cheap labor for goods to be made, but also cheap labor for jobs here in America. Globalist GOP Republicans would not want immigration reform which will hurt their businesses. I had to look at panoramic perspective. With immigration being a factor, whos going to do field work jobs. Should blacks and poor whites be sent back to the fields to work under Trump's nationalism? Or secure immigration so that immigrants have easy access to low wage jobs so that the average American can remain comfortable.

I say this once, and I will say it again. When Donald Trump got elected as President. Ronald Reagan turned in his grave.
That's the gist of it, pretty much. I know a good many long-time Rs who voted for Clinton, even though they didn't like her, either.

Some also just didn't vote. They are now regretting it because Trump isn't particularly good for their financial interests.

The people who are excited over Trump financially are poorer people who are duped by his nationalist spiel and don't know much about finances and the very wealthy who are reaping some benefits from his cuts for corporations and VERY high earners.

Suburban Joe Republican who earns low six figures and runs his own, smaller business isn't getting helped by Trump. He's being hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies