Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 12:18 PM

352 posts, read 519,812 times

Advertisements

Welcome to America, where someone posts an article for the NY Times, and because someone doesnt like the article, they call it fake news.

Welcome to the America that our President has brought us to, some of you will deny news articles simply because you don't like them.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:23 PM

36,685 posts, read 67,691,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Nice find. Even though I'm no fan of the NYT. The article sheds some light on suburban middle Americans who support the GOP of the past, and are bipartisan with democrats. Such people economically do not support Trumps economic nationalism, especially since the GOP crafted free trade agreements like NAFTA starting with Ronald Reagan, but signed into law by Democrat Reaganite Bill Clinton. Globalist Republicans also need access to cheap labor for goods to be made, but also cheap labor for jobs here in America. Globalist GOP Republicans would not want immigration reform which will hurt their businesses. I had to look at panoramic perspective. With immigration being a factor, whos going to do field work jobs. Should blacks and poor whites be sent back to the fields to work under Trump's nationalism? Or secure immigration so that immigrants have easy access to low wage jobs so that the average American can remain comfortable.

I say this once, and I will say it again. When Donald Trump got elected as President. Ronald Reagan turned in his grave.
Yes. Ronald Reagan would be apalled to see who the party chose as their standard bearer.

I will say this about 2016, it has swung me from the left and into the middle. I have come to reject political extremism on either side. Moderate voices must speak boldly in the coming 2 elections.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:30 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,859,667 times
I know many six figure, college graduate, professionals who are going to vote for Trump a second time. Some like him more now than they did the first time he ran. They also are going to vote Republican in the midterms.

The reason the leftists keep getting blindsided and wail and succumb to TDS is because they have told themselves that only poor dumb, white rednecks vote for Trump.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to enjoy watching them eat crow.

Get ready to cry again Dems.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:32 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,343,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
As it should. Donald Trump is the antithesis of Ronald Reagan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/u...?module=inline
Head all that in 2016. Going back to that well again?

Old 11-02-2018, 12:47 PM

36,685 posts, read 67,691,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I know many six figure, college graduate, professionals who are going to vote for Trump a second time. Some like him more now than they did the first time he ran. They also are going to vote Republican in the midterms.
And I know many of this group who voted for him but are now running away from him and like minded candidates.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:51 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,349,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post

The reason the leftists keep getting blindsided and wail and succumb to TDS is because they have told themselves that only poor dumb, white rednecks vote for Trump.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am going to enjoy watching them eat crow.

Get ready to cry again Dems.
You say that like making money and having a degree in some subject from some school makes people kind, smart, or good citizens.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,107,819 times
Quote:
Yes. Ronald Reagan would be apalled to see who the party chose as their standard bearer.

I will say this about 2016, it has swung me from the left and into the middle. I have come to reject political extremism on either side. Moderate voices must speak boldly in the coming 2 elections.
I'm in agreement. I'm center-left. I'm appalled that sjw and feminists elements have took over the Democrat party. Is also despise the alt right and cringe fringe racial elements of pro blacks and white nationalist. We as a society need to come back to the middle to make things work again. Moderates need take back this country from these folks of people who plan to tarnish our great Republic.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:07 PM

17,504 posts, read 9,323,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm in agreement. I'm center-left. I'm appalled that sjw and feminists elements have took over the Democrat party. Is also despise these alt right and cringe fringe racial elements of pro blacks and white nationalist. We as a society need to come back to the middle to make things work again. Moderates need take back this country from these folks of people who plan to tarnish our great Republic.
Question for you since you are from New York -
NY has the 4th lowest Early Vote in the Nation - 34,425 as of 10/30/18

Only Delaware, Rhode Island and Oklahoma have a lower total of Early Vote.
Do you have any idea why that is?? Totals are up nearly everywhere - way down in NY although they are up from the 2014 Mid-Term Total Early Vote of only 7,591.

Do people just not do Early Voting in NY?

Old 11-02-2018, 01:25 PM

4,664 posts, read 4,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Question for you since you are from New York -
NY has the 4th lowest Early Vote in the Nation - 34,425 as of 10/30/18

Only Delaware, Rhode Island and Oklahoma have a lower total of Early Vote.
Do you have any idea why that is?? Totals are up nearly everywhere - way down in NY although they are up from the 2014 Mid-Term Total Early Vote of only 7,591.

Do people just not do Early Voting in NY?
NY has absentee mail-in voting (which you have to request and apply for), but no other early voting opportunities.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:29 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,127,687 times
Quote:
As it should. Donald Trump is the antithesis of Ronald Reagan.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/u...?module=inline

Even if this is accurate.......

It still won't make them vote for a Liberal Democrat.

You guys need to get a new schtick.........and fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies