Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 10:58 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hey! I use contractions along with not using them! I am pretty sure that doesn't make me much different from most people.
Maybe not. I'm crappy at both syntax and spelling. It just looked weird for someone going all nanabooboo on someone else's typo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 12:52 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
If you voted for Trump who is friendly with the HQ of the religion which is Saudi Arabia, you support Islam.
We send billions in weapons to the Saudi Terrorists who then bomb women and children with them.
Both sides are pro-Saudi. Remember that Saudi donated to the Hillary campaign. There is no escape..both parties are pro Saudi..anti Iran, Assad/Syria. The U.S always sides against secularism in the Middle East...each and every time no matter who is in the White House. We should be ashamed.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:58 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post

Then how come we support the HQs of Islam, Saudi Arabia?
The same ones that bombed us on 911?
The U.S. is the biggest arms dealer in the world we would sale weapons to people who knowingly would turn around and use them against us. Why? The money is too good to pass up Trump even admited as much.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The U.S. is the biggest arms dealer in the world we would sale weapons to people who knowingly would turn around and use them against us. Why? The money is too good to pass up Trump even admited as much.
Yep, it wasnt long ago that we found out the US govt was supplying the drug cartels with weapons (operation Fast and Furious)..

I dont recall people being outraged or upset about that though?!!

Old 11-04-2018, 01:05 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Yep, it wasnt long ago that we found out the US govt was supplying the drug cartels with weapons (operation Fast and Furious)..

I dont recall people being outraged or upset about that though?!!
They should be though, how can they not? And honesty where does all that money go?
It doesn’t go to pay our debt off or our schools, infrastructure, etc. It goes straight into the pockets of our elected officials. You know the ones who only want the best for the people.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:07 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Really!? How much time did you spend thinking about that before pondering your pick? For most of us it's instinctive and instant.

In no way did I define Islam as a fanatical religion. That's one of the spins people like you put on it in order to cloud the issue (exchanging truth for lie). We have millions of Muslims in the USA who are as terrified of these bloodier, frenzied fanatics as we Christians are. You, apparently, are not.

There are millions out there who would kill us all in the name of Allah. American Muslims know that. That's why they're here, not there. They trust the Christians not to behead them or set them on fire.

One question. Do you want the ways of the Islamic fanatics to come to the USA... yes or no. If you can't instantly answer "Hell NO!", you're insane.
Good points, but you do not speak for all American Muslims. Not very many are Liberal. Just look at the non existent Gay friendly mosques campared to Thousands of gay friendly churches.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

Liberal here. I have no idea why my side defends the so-called religion of peace
Liberal here - have no idea why people defend free speech they don't like or the freedom OF or FROM religion.

"I like booze but I don't like the pot you are smoking"
"You Jews KILLED my Savior and the Son of God himself"

I dislike most (not all) fundies of every religion....or even of any philosophy or world-view. Obviously some are worse than others (some abuse more within their flock, some outside it)...

But my take is that the US Constitution and History saw that all comers are welcome as long as they do their duty (pay taxes, etc.). No thought police.

Am I wrong? Do you need to change the Constitution to allow only certain religions? Does Scientology and FLDS make it into the cut???

The Father of our Country:

George Washington Letter

"The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.

It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.

It would be inconsistent with the frankness of my character not to avow that I am pleased with your favorable opinion of my administration and fervent wishes for my felicity.

...every one shall sit in safety under his own vine and fig tree and there shall be none to make him afraid.

G. Washington
---------------------------------------------

Please, give me a sane rebuttal to the above that fits in with our traditions and our Constitution.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:43 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Good points, but you do not speak for all American Muslims. Not very many are Liberal. Just look at the non existent Gay friendly mosques campared to Thousands of gay friendly churches.
I have heard it said (and it seems to be true) that for whatever reason the U.S gets high quality Muslim immigrants compared to Europe. They are more likely to be good citizens, respect people of other religions and not push their Islam on others. We don't have a Muslim rape epidemic like Europe does. You bring up gays, the Muslims here might be personally against homosexuality but they don't throw gays off the top of buildings like they do in Saudi. Part of this could be because we have such a small % of Muslims. Once they grow in numbers perhaps they become more forceful/activist in pushing their beliefs.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:46 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I have heard it said (and it seems to be true) that for whatever reason the U.S gets high quality Muslim immigrants compared to Europe. They are more likely to be good citizens, respect people of other religions and not push their Islam on others. We don't have a Muslim rape epidemic like Europe does. You bring up gays, the Muslims here might be personally against homosexuality but they don't throw gays off the top of buildings like they do in Saudi. Part of this could be because we have such a small % of Muslims. Once they grow in numbers perhaps they become more forceful/activist in pushing their beliefs.
We actually have our home grown sociopaths, gunmen, homophobes and rapists right here in the USA. The vast majority of them are Christians.

Your point?

Old 11-04-2018, 02:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
We actually have our home grown sociopaths, gunmen, homophobes and rapists right here in the USA. The vast majority of them are Christians.

Your point?
I think a lot of his point is that he'd never really been to Europe and seen and known what Muslims as a whole do there, so he listened to Sean Hannity and Fox so he could be "informed".

Here is a muslim making the top of the line AMG engines - virtually by hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_LFckaT7g

Germany invited young workers in starting in the 1960's and many turks took them up on the deal. Muslims represent a large percentage of some skilled factory jobs...you know, all those quality German brands revered most everywhere in the world.

Being a relatively enlightened country, most Muslims in Germany are not even declared or counted as such. Given their history I think they find it better not to classify people in such ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies